MASTER TOPIC: Digital Badge Suggestions

Comics not Comments sorry

3 Likes

@RobertDeBeero Nice reference

3 Likes

I am OBSESSED with these ideas!! There are a lot that we were thinking about but SO MANY that hadn’t occurred to us, and this is just in a few short hours of asking! More more more more more!

14 Likes
  1. A film freak badge for finishing a season of a tv show or watching X movies
  2. A Batman birthday badge for those who joined during that sale
  3. An Arkham badge for reading X number of villain-centered series
  4. A Bizarro badge for reading X number of random issues of a series
8 Likes

1 - Catwoman themed badge for buying from the shop.
2 - Badge that goes from Cat Grant to Iris West to Clark Kent to Lois Lane, etc. based on how many articles in the News section you’ve read.
3 - Badge of Jimmy Olsen or another DC character that’s a big fanboy/girl for submitting entries in 10+ Fan Creation Fridays.

7 Likes

A “Vote Lex Luthor for president” badge for voting in the Meta-Madhouse

A “Super Friend” badger for watching every episode of the super friends show

A Bat-Mite badge for reading every Batman comic on the service

8 Likes

A Justice League badge available to all fans. (On a related note, I’d like to vote “Justice Leaguers” as the nickname for DC fans in the vein of “Trekkies,” “Whovians,” and “True Believers.”)

3 Likes

A Red Tornado badge for clearing your cache of downloaded comics to make more room.

7 Likes

A Calendar Man badge for scheduling an event on the Calendar.

4 Likes

A Cyborg badge for accessing DC Universe from 4 different kinds of systems. (PC, Roku, iPad, Android…)

5 Likes

Con-exclusive badges that you can only get by showing up to a DC Universe event.

5 Likes

Robotman Badge: a badge for proposing a badge.

7 Likes

I was thinking about the Khan academy badge system just now. It would have different creatures that would evolve as you did more stuff. Maybe start with a
Jay Garrick–> Jesse quick–> kid flash (rebirth/CW wally) --> kid flash (classic Wally) --> Barry Allen --> Godspeed --> Savitar.

Actually better idea, Flash War is coming to DCU this summer. Have us pick badges over who is the better flash or different color names.

That’s one idea though. Tying in the DCU Community Initiatives into the newly released Comics and Live Action Shows

Sort of a Roadmap to help
Justice no Justice comic
Swamp Thing tv
Man of Steel comic
The Wedding comic
Young Justice tv
Flash War comic
Nightwing --> ric comic
Justice League Dark Launch comic
Totality comic
Titans Season 2
Heroes in Crisis
1 year DCU Anniversary
Witching Hour
Joker TV
Drowned Earth
Harley Quinn TV
Green Lantern (Morrison)
Manhunter comic
Justice League Odyssey Launch comic
Wonder Comics begin
Batman Who Laughs comic
Wonder Woman Reboot comic
Stargirl TV
Hawkworld comic
Leviathan Rising begins
Wonder Woman 1984 (don’t remember exact date)
Terminus Agenda

Hope that helps with my dates. If you set goals around these events and drive the discussion in that direction you can give everyone a second chance to experience these comics together. I remember way back in October when everyone was reading TNTT. Rotation stopped that but something similar could happen. Choose a team Wally or Barry. Do you like Rogal Zar? Are you team Azrael, Cyborg, or Starfire? Tell stories about being a fishified superhero or person in drowned Earth. Do you prefer the Joker Movie or the Killing Joke Joker? Who’s the best member on Bendis’s Young Justice? Titans or Teen Titans following their reboots. These discussions could be better than without DCU because everyone will read the source material!

Anyway that’s my thought.

3 Likes

Post your ticket stub in a thread about a recently released DC film to get a related badge.

5 Likes

:woman_superhero: Bam Pow Boom! HCQ is on a major roll! I loved all of those ideas on how to rack up your badges. :partying_face:

5 Likes

:bookmark:How about a badge for participating in WAL? 1st partake could have a badge from the first animated show that existed & grow to the most recently (or soon to be released animated) or it could start with earning a badge representing the shortest running animated show & the more you partake in WAL, you would earn a badge that represents longer running shows until you reach the top badge that represents the longest running animated show ever. :woman_superhero:

4 Likes

Since there have been a number of badge ideas based on “reading X comics”,

I suggest a comics age (gold, silver, bronze, dark, modern, flashpoint, new 52.) based on you have read X of comics from a certain “comics age”.

And a Flight Ring badge for reading X LoSH comics.

7 Likes

Gold, silver, & bronze badges for correct answers in the Question Quoz thread 5+ bronze, 20+ silver, 35 gold, and a special platinum badge for the winner of the year long contest.

4 Likes

I think @HubCityQuestion has found his calling!

7 Likes

What can I say? I’m a man of many talents. Metagame design is but one. :wink:

Thomas and Martha Wayne badge: read a Batman origin issue at exactly 10:48 PM.

4 Likes