Marvel vs. DC Story

Everyone would love to have the big 2 set aside the rivalry for another mashup… unfortunately the chances of getting that in graphic novel, film, or video game is almost nil.

If we did get a Marvel vs. DC event, what would you want to see and what medium would you want?

I would love an animated film or video game(Injustice mechanics) putting the Justice League against the Avengers, and I would love to see multiple endings -one where each side wins, and maybe one official ending when the good guys team up, cause we know that always happens.

Look forward to reading y’all’s thoughts and wishes on this!

1 Like

I would say a video game would be the best place for this event. You could choose who you would want to win. The other option is a comic series and to find you the outcome you would vote for who would win like how people voted for Jason Todd to die in a death in the family.

1 Like

All ready been done @Redhood.55520

2 Likes

The Amalgam books from the 90’s are a fun mash-up of characters from both labels.

Personally, I don’t like company crossovers and the DC vs Marvel books from the 90’s covered this pretty well so it’s been done as much as it should be I feel.

1 Like

sounds awesome great idea!

1 Like

“Set aside their rivalry”? They dont actually have a rivalry, fan-boys do. They acknowledge that they are competitors, but there are so many creators that work/worked for both companies that just about every professional comic writer and illustrator knows each other by a first name basis.
But yes, I’m always down for an entertaining crossover event. I just don’t think a rivalry is standing in the way.

Perhaps I should have caps locked “another mashup” to establish i’m well aware of the previous crossover in the 90’s. Or stated “set aside business competition reasons already given by both companies for why another crossover won’t happen” instead of “rivalry.” Silly me. lol
Kidding aside, I must have some bias based on who I hang out with; I thought more people would have thoughts on a modern Marvel/DC crossover. Thanks everyone who’s contributed so far.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just being too literal :slight_smile: I wasnt aware anyone from either company had come out and addressed this possibility, but it’s kind of a bummer. I understand why they wouldnt do movie crossovers, big cost and big risk, but both comic companies would benefit from another comic crossover. Both brands have reset their universe several times since the last crossover, so I would love to see some of these new characters against other new interpretations. Wonder Woman vs Captain Marvel (or Lady Thor?) for starters, Knockout vs She-Hulk, X-23 vs Damien Wayne, Deadpool vs Deathstroke, Deadshot vs Bullseye. Batwoman vs Nocturna, Thunderbolts vs Suicide Squad, Superman vs the Avengers, Red Hood vs Winter Soldier, ect.
Maybe instead of the 90s cosmic, inverted twin deities with a wafer, Luthor or Dr. Doom is playing around with interdimensional tech or something.
Who would you guys pit against each other?

2 Likes

@Zombedy- some of those matchups I never would have thought of. Killer ideas! I would love to see Punisher and Deathstroke go at it or be forced to team up. I would like to see Martian Manhunter and Vision duel during a JL v. Avengers bout.

1 Like

I don’t think we will ever get a live-action or animated crossover. There aren’t enough lawyers in the world for that to happen. But another comic crossover would be welcomed. How about the “big three” from each company get together–not to beat on each other–but instead to save all reality from Thanos and the Joker?

2 Likes