Martian Manhunter

Hey everyone, is there a particular series/run on the Martian Manhunter that anyone here could recommend?

4 Likes

John Ostrander’s run from 1998 is really good. I think he, more than anyone got J’onn. The “Revelations” storyline is fun, too.

6 Likes

The 2015-'16 ongoing. It’s Chocoful of biscuit-tastic goodness.

2 Likes

Seconded on the Ostrander series. I just finished reading it a couple days ago and it’s excellent.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks!

2 Likes

Currently reading the 2018 series. It strange but awesome too.

2 Likes

It’s a controversial topic, but I really like American secrets. It’s a story I always wanted to see about Martian manhunter, the role of a detective in the 50s. The book probably won’t be find on infinite nor be soliticated anytime soon but I recommend you check it out if you can.

I recommend Justice League of America (2013) where he is the deuteragonist.

1 Like

He really was the only interesting hero of the team. I’m sorry but a series with Green Arrow, Vibe, and Stargirl shouldn’t look and feel like the authority books mixed with Suicide squad.

Agreed.

The writer is an utter waste of carbon, but it’s one his best stories.

Besides the very good Ostrander run, I think he does best in the JLI/ JLA series by Giffen/ DeMatteis and Morrison/ Waid. He’s also a major character in DC: New Frontier.

1 Like

Agreed. Nothing short of a masterpiece!

Welcome to the community, fellow Martian lover!

Do make yourself at home, and let me know if you ever need anything at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who does not love martians.

1 Like

I really liked J’onn in Justice League Task Force, especially his embarrassment when he had to take on a female form for a mission…

He should have listened to my advice from when I was stuck in Stargirl’s body.

Stargirl hadn’t been invented yet.

1 Like

My world gets rebooted every few days. I have no idea what year it is. Seriously, what year is it?

We have a Democrat in the White House with low poll ratings

Gas prices are the highest they’ve ever been

Inflation is out of control

Russia has invaded another sovereign state

1979?

2 Likes

This new Star Wars fad will never last.

1 Like

Hell yeah!

I’m going to Toys R Us and loading up on Kenner Star Wars toys.

Then, I’m going to see the original version (at that time, its the only version) of Star Wars on the big screen.

Oh, I should take in a screening of Superman: The Movie, too. I’ll do that after Star Wars.

I wonder if Match Game PM is new tonight, or in reruns. I hope its new.

waltzes into the nearby Toys R Us, grabs a cart and goes to fill it up with Kenner Star Wars, Mego DC and Star Trek and whatever else grabs his four eyes

I’m glad time paradoxes aren’t a concern.

1 Like