Martian Manhunter: Why doesn’t he do this

Just a random thought: why doesn’t the Martian Manhunter have a fire extinguisher or jug of water on him at all times? I know he can go “ghost“ but it still doesn’t hurt to bring them most of the times…

It’s like having severe allergies to a very common item but never bringing an epipen along with you… it’s so irresponsible.

8 Likes

He’s too busy eating Oreo cookies to remember to get a fire extinguisher.

J’onn adores Oreos.

3 Likes

@Vroom is… is this true? It’s so weird and random that I’m having a hard time not believing it.

1 Like

I think that would be cumbersome to carry around at all times.

@Mediogirl Believe it. J’onn loves Oreos, Chocos, and the like.

Except Hydrox cookies. Even J’onn has his limits.

4 Likes

When booster and beetle stole j’onns cookies i died laughing.

4 Likes

@Mediogirl He didn’t just love Oreos, he was addicted to them. Even when he died in one of the Crisis events, Batman put some Oreos on his casket when they buried him.

1 Like

Kinda makes ya wonder. Bats has gotta have some kind of freeze pellet or something that would be of use against fire. They’d be utility belt size, so he just needs a small pocket in his cape or something. Come on Bruce…share the love.

2 Likes

Because he’s too OP and needs a weakness. Duh!

The saga of Martian Manhunter’s cookie passion can be found in Justice League International.

The visual of him being paranoid and carrying around a fire extinguisher is funny, so I endorse it!

3 Likes

It sounds like the cookie addiction might be more of a weakness than fire.

2 Likes

Fire extinguisher would be a dead giveaway to MM identity or could he disguise it? I don’t know, and then there is the problem at not having enough put out for the fire. Would be easier for Superman to have a full body lead lined costume.

1 Like

What would J’onn do if you lit a box of Oreos on fire?:thinking:

2 Likes

LMAO when I saw this thread!

I love MM one of my favorite characters. Its probably the O.P. factor like cbplanets mentioned but if you want to nerd down on it, it could be because he couldn’t carry it with him effectively in battle. If he had to shape shift it could possibly restrict his options…maybe, just shooting in the dark here.

I get the OP reason but he shouldn’t be weak because of an obvious oversight. Couldn’t he have a fire retardant suit made? At the very least, bring a Super Soaker. It’s almost irresponsible not to bring something of the sort.

The Oreos would be a amazing weakness. To be able to trap such a smart being with Oreos, a cardboard box, and a stick at such a ridiculously consistent level would be hilarious.

3 Likes

Are we sure Oreos aren’t fireproof to begin with?

3 Likes

pulls out his modified butane torch and a package of O’s

We’ll find out Misfit. We’ll find out.

3 Likes

How’d those Oreos turn out, Vroom?

2 Likes

That’s a good point. Being a shapeshifter, he could probably store it inside himself.

1 Like

@TornadoSoup Crunchier than your typical Oreo, but not bad.

Next time someone asks you how you want your Oreo, tell 'em medium, medium rare.

3 Likes