Mark Your Calendars...Blue Beetle: Graduation Day #1 is Coming!

DC is excited to share first with the DC Community that Blue Beetle: Graduation Day #1 is releasing November 22!

Written by Josh Trujillo, with art by Adrian Gutierrez, the six issue miniseries finds Jaime trying to decide what comes next for him—while juggling a new villain tearing up El Paso and his friends and family pressuring him about his future. Now, Jaime must figure out why messages from the Teach are bombarding his scarab, Khaji Da and what’s drawing the Reach back to Earth… with help from some familiar faces.

Issue #1 has a variant cover by acclaimed Blue Beetle artist Cully Hamner, a 1:25 variant by Rafael Albuquerque, and a 1:50 variant by David Marquez.

Are you excited for Blue Beetle: Graduation Day #1? Share your thoughts in the thread below!

22 Likes

Hooray! So happy this is finally coming out! I think one of those images is wrong, though - the Marquez cover looks the same as the Gutierrez cover.

6 Likes

Cool, can’t wait to read it! :grinning: He sure has a big grin in the second picture, I thought Joker gave him his famous death grin! :joker_hv_1:

1 Like

Good call–fixed it!

3 Likes

These covers look great!!!

2 Likes

I mean, no, because I want Jaime to never grow up, and I want all the other pitches to also have books. But also yes, because it looks awesome and I love Jaime.

2 Likes

Holy potatoes, the announcement hits just keep on coming!

First, the new WildStorm stuff (which looks wicked-rad) and now, a new series with Jaime?

Yes, please!

November is shaping up to be quite the month.

6 Likes

So glad this book is finally being released! November is gonna be a great month for DC!

5 Likes

Absolutely. One could say it will be…wild. :wildstorm_universe:

4 Likes

I can’t wait!!! I mean I can, but I don’t want to…

What do people think of issue one? With the movie announcement, I’m getting interested in all of the Blue Beetle stuff, and curious what the fandom is thinking about it all!

3 Likes

I enjoyed the first issue, it did a good job of reintroducing the reader to Jaime and a solid job setting up the story, plus the Superman cameo was fun. Definitely excited to read the rest!

2 Likes

I really hope the movie is great.

1 Like