Man and Superman — Short Review

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Marv Wolfman. Thank you for making Superman a great character again. I know we’ve gotten several Superman origins throughout the years, but this was one of the best. We need Clark to be more of a pure-hearted person like he was in this story.

4 Likes

Solid read. Definitely a “Best of the Year” contender, which says something given where the year is ATM.

2 Likes

I’m glad this story finally got to be told. Marv must have felt pretty frustrated when Superman: Earth One pulled a lot of these tricks years after his story got canned, but I like Wolfman’s version better.

2 Likes

Great book! I loved it & it should have been published sooner. At least we have it now.

I know it wasn’t intended this way, but in a sense it could be seen as the next chapter in Superman: American Alien (one of my all-time favorite DC/Superman series).

Anywho, if you’re reading this and haven’t read “Man and Superman” stop what you’re doing and go buy it. Its that good.

2 Likes

I second the opinion of “great book” from the art , layout, colors, story. Solid story with real doubt and little battles and epic ones that actually make up a textured life of Clark Kent. Love what Lois Lane ,Perry White and Clark’s parents are like. Right up there with ALL STAR SUPERMAN and BIRTHRIGHT . Wish it went another eight books.

4 Likes