Loving JSA (1999) , am I missing anything?

So recently I sprained my ankle and as you can imagine, I’ve had soo much time to catch up on reading. I’m really making a dent in the 1999 JSA run. Got so siked seeing that they have around 40 something issues on here. It’s funny because I actually started with JSA All Stars…loved it and then saw this so its been really cool connecting all of the dots and seeing a lot of back story mentioned in All Stars.

My question is are there anymore tie ins or side stories with the JSA on here? Or even separate mini series invloving certain members? Trying to space out my current binge lol. I know there’s Stars and stripes with stargirl I believe…

Thanks in advanced friends!

2 Likes

There’s JSA Classified, the first arc was written by Geoff Johns and starred Power Girl. That could be to your liking.

1 Like

*that starred

Power Girl also had her own series which is on DCU that while not a huge tie in did feature the JSA and it’s members in some issues.

1 Like

Where does JSA Classified fit in the reading order? Is in between all stars and the 99’ run?

JSA All Stars takes place after JSA and JSA Classified. It ran concurrently with Justice Society of America (which came after JSA).

Reading order wise, PG’s arc of JSA Classified takes place during the last year of JSA. During the hullabaloo leading into Infinite Crisis.

gotcha gotcha, thanks man! This is random but whats the big event that caused Rebirth? It was Convergence right??

JSA is a magnificent series from straight through.

1 Like

@deku_, the theory for the last nearly three years is that Dr. Manhattan has been messing with the DCU and that’s where Rebirth begins. If you look at the cover of the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot, you see many DC heroes moving towards a hand eminating from a light. The thinking is that that hand belongs Manhattan.

1 Like

…belongs *to Manhattan.

1 Like

They have Starman on here which has a lot of references and connections to the jsa definitely worth a read

3 Likes

This may be a little OT but If you’re looking for any and all JSA related books and not Just 1999-on I Highly recommend the Justice Society of America 10 issue series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck. It hasn’t hit digital yet, but I’m hoping the JSA’s return will trigger its release. It centered around the JSAs return to the DCU after their disappearance following the Crisis. It starred Jay, Alan, Carter and Shiera, Al Pratt, Rex Tyler, Ted Grant and Johnny Thunder and the Thunderbolt. Along for the ride were Johnny Quick and the introduction of Jesse Quick (and her first meetings with Wally West and Rick Tyler)

1 Like

mann that sounds so cool, im hype now. lol do you know where we are able to voice perferences for comic additions? Isn’t there a thread or something on here?

@deku_, I bumped the thread for you where members can suggest comics they’d like to see here. It’s the titled “Comic changes and how you can help.”

2 Likes

@deku_, the thread is “Comic Book Changes: What to Expect and How You Can Help.” to be precise :slight_smile:

2 Likes