Lost but not Forgotten Members

I created the Mod tribute that is seen here to pay tribute to moderators old that we have had. As a means to remember those that have made this community what it is. It got me thinking that there have also been people that aren’t here as well. Usernames that have almost faded into obscurity, but that some of us remember fondly. As many of us continue to take a trip down memory lane as we get closer to the forums ending and discord launching, lets post and remember those we no longer see here, but that forever have a place in our hearts.

I will start with @TurokSonOfStone1950. I respected his wide knowledge of the DCU. He was someone I spoke with from time to time because he had such a great personality. I fear, due to health conditions he frequently mentioned, that he isn’t with is due to this. It has never been confirmed. He is missed.

Who do you remember that isn’t here anymore? Lets pay them respect as DCUI closes this chapter because they were here and were just as much a part of what made this place a beautiful place to exist for the last 6ish years.

16 Likes

I miss Green Loontern and Blake Petiet from back in the day.

12 Likes

He visited in July 2023. He (or somebody with his account) was alive then. Hopefully he is well today.

11 Likes

There are so many who left during the DCU to DCUI transition- so many who I miss. :pleading_face:

12 Likes

Do you feel emotionally okay to name a few? I want to have this be a speak their name into the air type of thing as we begin to put this forum to rest. Like pouring one out for our homies.

8 Likes

@TheKateKane. I have no idea where she is. Every now and then I can see that her profile picture has been updated but I have not seen a whole lot of community activity in a long time. She was one of my first DCU friends that I made. There’s also another member from Harley’s Crew who’s username escapes me at the moment, but we used to talk a lot too.

And of course, I cannot forget about THE @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder. I think someone somewhere talked to her outside of the community and she said she needed to step away from the community but she was an integral member here.

12 Likes

@Nickywood deserves a mention. His DC 20 Questions thread was my favorite for a long time. His enthusiasm has always been something I’ve admired. I hope he’s alright

11 Likes

@CynicalPink would be one for me. Always positive and active in Fan Art in the early days. And of course Polls.

14 Likes

:purple_heart: :hugs:

10 Likes

try BlakeMPetiet

8 Likes

Blake is still here, or has been recently. You can probably message them.

10 Likes

@CharlieSheensDealer, she was really a great member to had around, I’m sure @AntLeon remember the fun scavenger game she made, that was alot of fun.

@JLWWSM was one of the first friend I ever made on here, I’m so thankful for her friendship and kindness.

@TX85 was one of the first people that left early, he made alot of great thread and I hope he’s doing ok.

There was one user I like, can’t remember his username name, he got in trouble for having same username as Biff_Pow and someone else, and even did the first trial! :laughing:

That’s all I can think of for now.

11 Likes

I miss @DocAtlas of Doc’s Bootlegs. I always loved the art he posted. Always cool, always rare. Also, he was just a really nice guy who I enjoyed chatting with here on DCUI.

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m not gone - just busy with life!

Cheers to the great and inspiring :beers: @mattmcdonald ! He may be around, but I haven’t seen him in a while.

7 Likes

@Foofarow.Femme.Fatale hasnt been around in a bit either

8 Likes

I miss @seitan and @CynicalPink.

I don’t think @seitan is coming back since she’s been gone for a while but hopefully @CynicalPink comes back soon cause we should all probably apologize for abbreviating her name as CP.

13 Likes

I haven’t noticed any members that disappeared during my time here. But I’m still not sure what happened to behemoth

He came back to the community and then disappeared not long after

9 Likes

He got suspended after a pretty disgusting comment he made

6 Likes

Wow, how sad and shocking! I did not know that.
I did saw one member recently got himself suspended, whatever reason I felt bad for him. Who knows what went on in his life.
My advice would be, if you’re having a bad day for whatever reason, it’s best you don’t post anything til you’re in a better mood.
All it take is 1 little post that break the rule could lead you into trouble and the Moderator may or may not take it the wrong way if you’re not careful or didn’t mean too.
I hope with the new DC on Discord, those who are suspended learn from their mistake and get a second chance.

7 Likes

Did not know that.

:teapot::coffee::tea:

8 Likes