Looking for Recommendations for The Flash

I’m looking for title reccomendations The Flash. My main knowledge of The Flash comes indirectly from other books or the CW show (stopped watching the show after the COIE crossover event.) The version of Flash I’ve probably read the most about is Jay Garrick through the JSA titles. And I read Flashpoint, but thats the only Flash focused story I’ve read.

So I’m just trying to figure out if there are any titles or storylines someone like me should check out. I heard something called “Flash War” but i assume i should read other stuff before jumping into that.

Anyway, what do y’all suggest?

3 Likes

Well, I guess it depends on how far back you want to go:

1 Like

If you’re looking for team-up books, then The Button, is a good one to jump into. Summary: Batman & The Flash must work together to battle Reverse Flash & discover the origin of the strange button that points to a secret adversary.

1 Like

I’d recommend Mark Waid’s Flash run, especially Born to Run, and the Return of Barry Allen.

4 Likes

If it’s written by Mark Waid or Geoff Johns, read it.

6 Likes

I really loved Francis Manapul’s run of Flash for New 52. And Joshua Williamson’s Rebirth run. They are recent runs and both are Barry Allen Flashes. Though, extended Flash families do show up in both runs.

The current run by Jeremy Adams is great as well. But that is still ongoing and might be a bit confusing to a newer Flash reader.

I second the Mark Waid Flash run suggestion as well.

2 Likes

That’s a great arc but 1 that occurs a ways into Williamson’s run, so you’d definitely want to read more of those issues beforehand

2 Likes