Looking for help

incredible!!! i hope your drawing finds exposure where it’s sure to help even more kids and their parents.

2 Likes

I feel like there’s a lot of little ones out there with this same condition that would just love this. You’re a hero.

2 Likes

That is amazing I cant thank you enough. I’m gonna get it printed out and frame it to surprise him with.

6 Likes

We give our sincere thanks in return to all of you for making this forum such a wonderful place to spend time. Amidst all the bad that’s out there, this community will always be a beacon of light in the darkness, and threads like this are a testament to why. :heart:

Beautiful job, @CynicalPink! And please let us know how he likes it, @wwjbd33! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@wwjbd33 You’re so welcome! I’m relieved you spotted the post! I’ll have the dexcom one up by this evening. :slight_smile: Hope it brings him a smile!

2 Likes

@capo-mage As someone else who doesn’t do much with social media these days, I gotta agree! Thanks to mods and fellow fans, this is one of the most supportive and welcoming communities I’ve ever seen. I’m glad I could contribute a little to spreading the DC :heart: !

@TravisMorgan :laughing: It actually comes from the title of a goofy anime instrumental track that I liked ages ago. And it helps me keep my cool, shifty-eyed exterior. :sunglasses:

@biff_pow Ty, biff! That’d be nice if it did!

@msgtv I’m more of a campy sidekick, but I try! I hope it reaches anyone it could help.

@MissInkBlot Thank ya! Sentiments on the community much returned!

4 Likes

Thank u @MissInkBlot. I agree 100%. @CynicalPink is a true testament to everything you applauded. I know I’m repetitive, but all of you created such a great platform. This being my only experience in social media has been more then I could’ve envisioned. I’ve heard the horror stories & this forum is the exact opposite of everything I’ve heard social media can unfortunately be if not done properly. Nothing but love from all involved. Just the way it should be.

3 Likes

Me and my wife are planning on printing it and framing it before showing my son. I am going to try and get a reaction video/photo as I am pretty sure he will be super excited.

5 Likes

Aww, that’s awesome! Kids are the toughest critics. Hope he likes it. :sweat_smile:

And here’s the Dexcom one. Kind of a hybrid comics/TTG Cy

Printable

(ps: Thanks to @AntLeon and @Don-El for lending me their eyes when hashing out the base of this one!)

10 Likes

Man, I am glad we have managed to keep ANY and ALL hate out! This is so sweet, and I’m so glad that the community is so caring and kind!

4 Likes

This reminds me how Aerie has a model with an ileostomy pouch and has striven to have a include more diverse group of models than just ethnicity and body type. Representing groups like those with diabetes, which is a large population, should be DCs next objective for representation on the page and screen.

4 Likes

@MissGsptlsnz 100% agree! When it comes to discussions on creating diversity in modern media, I feel like those with different physical challenges or needs are often forgotten. I still miss Oracle, for that reason.

5 Likes

And it would be easier to incorporate in comics because they’re they’re mutants and aliens and part robot, so there’s plenty of space for them to be creative.

Like with cyborg and an insulin pump, he couldn’t have diabetes before his accident or his pancreas was damaged, so when the motherbox/fatherbox/technology is bound to him, it must include a pump to keep him alive. A simple design inclusion and easy character addition that could resonate with so many readers. We all want to see ourselves in media and will look for whatever parts we can identify with.

Not to mention, what some people would call a disability, members of that group would say differently like the deaf community. They have formed a strong community where they have a culture and language. A common theme in comics is taking what makes you different and seeing it as a gift that makes you you. X-men do this really well and it’s make the stories so much stronger (they’re the best of marvel).

3 Likes

If I read or watch ANYTHING Marvel, it definitely x-men. I can’t stand the rest.

1 Like

@MissGsptlsnz I wonder if part of the industry’s hesitation involves uncertainty of how to handle the subjects. It’s worth taking the time to explore, though. Maybe it’s something that can be brought up during another DCU Q&A one of these days.

2 Likes

God, this rules. You’re the hero here, @CynicalPink.

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion Aw, ty, HCQ! Just paying kindnesses forward in what ways I can. :blush:

3 Likes

Well, I’ve found the community hero of the month.

2 Likes

And one of the most adorable kids
Ever.

2 Likes

@Behemoth Right?! I went with a red background because of his adorable Flash pjs

1 Like