Looking for help

Hey I have a 4 year old who was diagnosed with type one diabetes at 20 months. Lately hes been having issues with it because he has to wear a pump and sensor. Well I have told him that he’s like cyborg who is one of his favorites because(in theory) cyborg has a insulin pump too. Is there anyone who would be willing to draw something in the style of teen titans go of cyborg showing a pump or testing blood sugar or something. I appreciate artist and there abilities so I’m willing to talk if someone would do this and be reimburse for there time.

37 Likes

Yes, absolutely. No reimbursement needed. It might take me a couple of weeks, but if the time isn’t an issue, then I’d be happy to.

Could you do a google search and see if there are any poses that are similar to what you might be looking for?

28 Likes

this is really sweet, and smart! my dad pulled the “you’re like a cyborg” trick on me when was upset that i had to have metal caps on my teeth, and it totally worked.

for reference, is your son’s pump at his waist or arm or what?

edit: CynicalPink’s the best artist around and your best bet to impress your son, but in the meantime i whipped up a lazy photoshop!

18 Likes

That is some superhero level “dadding” right there!

Props to you @wwjbd33 and best wishes to your little one.

9 Likes

Headcanon accepted.

15 Likes

@biff_pow that’s not lazy, that looks great!

Edit: ps: I just read your comment more thoroughly and am now like :flushed::exploding_head::hugs:

9 Likes

Very cool of you to do

8 Likes

Sorry just saw this message. That would be amazing and there is no time range. Pose isn’t super important at all just if you could show cyborg with a dexcom g6 sensor(which my son typically wears on his arm) or a omnipod(which he typically wears his stomach). I can’t thank you enough for this it will mean a ton to him and a ton to me in a different way.

dexcom-g6-transmitter-edsttor001

9 Likes

@wwjbd33 you got it! will be in touch :+1:

10 Likes

Make sure you post it on here as well so we can all see it! :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

My heart… this post, and the responses… this is REAL community…

12 Likes

bless your heart

9 Likes

Right on, @CynicalPink! I wish I could chip in, but my artistry is non existent; at the same time, I wanted to thank you. Even as a third party, your generosity is appreciated​:four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

Hooray! This is what it is all about! This is why I am such a believer in the power of comic books. They really do inspire me to be the best me everyday. Way to go Dad! I am for sure overwhelmed with emotions. I’m not crying, I’m not crying. Okay, ya got me. Thanks for being such an amazing community! Time to get in some yoga before work. Keep being Super! Have a Super Day Super Fan Friends!

12 Likes

The world would be a better place if the entire internet was like this thread.

12 Likes

@wwjbd33 this is so wonderful that you are doing this for your son. I would love to submit something if you would like.

9 Likes

@wwjbd33 Very sorry this is so late, but hopefully you’re still around to find this. :sweat_drops:

I’ll have another one with the Dexcom G6 shortly on the way (just needs some polishing). If I can, I’ll also throw in the Omnipod, but I’d hate to keep you waiting again (so if any other artists want to jump in, please go for it!)

Full discretion for this one – the background is almost entirely traced over, as I wanted to make it look as authentic as possible for your little superhero.

Printables, if needed:
Full room layout
Square layout
Cy solo ver.

18 Likes

@Johnjitsu. Took the words straight from my mouth. @CynicalPink you’re such a sweet person. My vibes are never wrong. I’m so happy this is the only social media I’ve ever done. Never leave these boards angry. Props to all the mods, tech-support, DCU entirely for making this site such a beautiful thing.

6 Likes

@CynicalPink Are you sure you picked the right screen name? You don’t seem cynical at all. That drawing and your kind attitude is so wonderful. Is it dusty in here? :cry:

7 Likes

@phinox1981.46148

Sorry, I just figured it was best to @you here. Just read the thread description, and forget I even @ed you in the first place, cool? :rofl:

1 Like