Looking for Booster Gold Suggestions

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on the board. I’m interested in reading some Booster Gold comics and looking for suggestions on where to start. My only exposure to the character is his Justice League Unlimited appearances.

1 Like

The first series is here https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/booster-gold-1986/cffef256-eb65-425a-851b-d876fb5c4500
Then the character was added to the Justice League here https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/justice-league-of-america-1987/6c06485f-4f3a-4c3b-9ea0-06f04d4eec1a

Injustice 2

1 Like

Awesome. I knew I would get some great suggestions. Thanks

1 Like

Some other fun Booster Gold starring reads (these are all available on DCU):

Extreme Justice (1995-1996)

Not exactly the most critically acclaimed Justice League ongoing (not that I care, I think its alot of fun) but as the series begins, one of the ongoing jokes is people making fun of Booster’s new look. “Hey Booster, your new costume sucks!” and other insults to that effect are said by random folks.

Booster Gold (2007-2011)

His second ongoing, which ran from 2007-2011 is great fun. Geoff Johns was involved with it for a time and it’s the only ongoing title that tied into Flashpoint.

Justice League International (2011-2012)

The New 52 version of JLI, written by Dan Jurgens (creator of Booster Gold). Booster leads this government sanctioned Justice League to varying degrees of success, and with some participation from Batman along the way.

Action Comics (2016-present) #'s 993-998

The “Booster Shot” arc, wherein Superman enlists Booster’s help to prove if Mr. Oz is, in fact, who he says he is. Also written by Dan Jurgens.

Booster Gold also appears in the following episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold (also on DCU):

-“Menace of the Conqueror Caveman!” (Season 1, Episode 17)

-“A Bat Divided!” (S2, E8)

-“The Siege of Starro!” parts one and two (S2, E13 and 14)

-“Menace of the Madniks!” (S2, E18)

-“Darkseid Descending!” (S2, E24)

-“Crisis: 22,300 Miles Above the Earth!” (S3, E12)

-“Mitefall!” (S3, E13)

Fun Fact: The voice of Booster Gold on JLU is that of actor Tom Everett Scott, who also voiced him on Batman: The Brave and The Bold.

1 Like

Booster Gold 52 pick up was one of my favorite storylines.

1 Like

I know it’s not on this service, but there are some episodes of the animated show Justice League Action that starred Booster and they were a riot and a half.
Also, “The Gift” storyline in Batman #45-47 is like a mini flashpoint event caused by Booster being a complete idiot. It’s glorious :metal:t3: (and also serves as a prequel of sorts to Booster’s involvement in the Heroes in Crisis story).
Hope this helps!