"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Available at Target, right now:

He’s 3.75", so if you have any Spin Master or other 4-inch and under DC lines (thinking Mattel’s Infinite Heroes, among other candidates) and painted over the 'stache, he could work as Swole Lex.

That might be why I liked him a lot too, as Kenner’s Ra’s was the first-ever figure of The Demon’s Head.

Prior to his release, I saw a promotional photo of Ra’s in Action Figure Digest and thought “Oh, cool! A Ra’s figure, finally!” and eagerly anticipated his release.

When I saw him at Toys R Us, I snatched 'im up! :smile:

A fine choice.

Not DC, but this was another childhood favorite villain of mine:

8-year-old me’s first thought as I looked at Apocalypse’s mug on the back of the card:

“Geez, he looks like a smug prick. I need to get this guy, so that Wolverine and Cyclops can straighten him out.”

So, I did get him and with my allowance money to boot. He was one of my favorite allowance purchases when it came to early '90s Toy Biz Marvel figures.

7 Likes

Good call! My Final Faction figures are the same scale and I just use them with my Super Powers figures and squint. I wouldn’t be able to say why exactly, but the Spin Master stuff just doesn’t appeal to me.

Yeah. I hadn’t read Batman #244 by that point, but I had this big Batman history book that contained Neal Adams’ art from the Ra’s/Bats sword fight in that issue. In my eyes, that leant Ra’s a lot of gravity as a Bat-villain and made his figure feel significant.

Was cool! His stilt legs made him a little awkward, though.

4 Likes

If we’re talking Swole Luthor’s, then my pick would be the Quietly swole version from All Star Superman, especially if they make the face sculpt with the eyebrows simply DRAWN on.

@Vroom @moro The YT’bers were mostly complaining about the fact that it looked like 90s Kon but wasn’t, but my comment about the stubble was that the close up video did make it look like someone with an erratic hold on their pencil just doodled it on the face sculpt. Likewise, with Jonathan Kent ending up looking cross-eyed due to the laser eyes (and I’m never a fan of laser eyes to begin with, it’s such an edgelord affectation by most modern artists IMHO) from the Future State McFarlane, it would be a reason to pass on this - as to my eyes, the face sculpt is one of the key reasons to buy some of these figures. It’s a reason why I’ve passed on certain Superman figures while wanting to chase down others (e.g. the Page Puncher Superman from Black Adam - it’s not an artist I particularly like, nor do I care for the size in particular, much less the association with Dwayne’s Ego, the movie, and I definitely neither want nor have any use for a BA floppy, but simply a combination of the head sculpt and unique look of the uniform).

5 Likes

I got this for my brother for his birthday. After we saw this movie I would randomly pop out at him and say “Hey, C’mere! C’mere!” and then try to box with him. :laughing: Good memories. Can’t wait to give it to him.

8 Likes

Same. Ever since I read Batman #244 he’s been a big fave of mine.

11 Likes

One of the greatest Bat stories to ever Bat!

8 Likes

It is sooo good! The pinnacle of Neil Adams’ work lives in that book. :+1:

9 Likes

Got some serious Wonder Woman stuff this week. My Diana Army is getting huge! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

First, a 1977 Wonder Woman train car. Comes with the box, but looks so much better out of it.

Funny how it says “Bullets vs. Bracelets” instead of “Bullets and Bracelets”. Well, at least they tried! And I am very interested in a train car full of vintage Wonder Woman comics.

I thought it was criminal I didn’t have any Golden/Silver Age figures so I got these two:

The Golden Age one stands awkwardly but the hair and outfit are on point, and the Silver Age one even has her cute little laced ballet slippers! So adorbs (I feel that is the best word to describe them even if I have never used it before in my life).

After finding some WW Mattel dolls on eBay, I decided to get a few more because they look so good on a shelf. This one is an actual Barbie which are typically much more expensive but this was a good price because the box is trashed (but the figure is mint):

And now…. Some pieces I have wanted for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and get (after discussing them with @moro and @DC89 on Moro’s Grail thread so they are partially to blame for all this :grin:)

Black Label Barbie WW, Antiope and Hippolyta. They look gorgeous in person. I was originally going to take them out of the box, but they look so good that I am just going to leave them in there, same as my Justice League Barbie Wonder Woman.

My wife noted that there were a lot of packages coming in lately. I told her they were gifts for my brother or that I had to order them to get free shipping. I don’t think she is falling for those lines anymore, but it’s a fun little thing we do saying these things to each other. :rofl:

13 Likes

I love this. I have never seen this before. Awesome score!

9 Likes

Super cool gets here @SteveTrevor2.0. :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

:imp: :laughing:

They’re wonderful!

9 Likes

:rofl:

Sorry, brother. I didn’t mean for your pocket book to take a hit, I promise! The new acquisitions look great, btw, especially that WW Barbie.

I’m familiar with this dynamic. My wife gave up on me after “I’m just gonna fill this one cabinet, honey” turned into “I need another room” :joy:

8 Likes

It does come with alternate head splattered head? What a gyp!

9 Likes

:eyes: :laughing:

Summer’s almost here @TravisMorgan- you gettin’ ready to cruise in your super snazzy classic Chevy convertible? :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Yes, I need to take it out of storage. Minnesota weather can never be trusted as we can get snow in May. Also, I was waiting until after my cousin’s wedding. Speaking of which, have you set a date @DC89?

7 Likes

We’ve locked in June 24th for the big day. :+1:

8 Likes

2023 or 2024? If it’s 2023 you should be planning and not commenting on DCUI. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yep- next month. Almost everything’s done. The guest list is only 33 names long and almost everyone has already RSVP’d in the positive. Photographer, DJ, and catering is all set. LittleSis89 landed the spiffy venue for it. All I really need now is the cake. We’re doing a really informal thing here- much more family/close friends than a traditional gigantor shindig. Only two peeps from my job got invites and only one from SO89’s. We’re ready to go. :smiley:

8 Likes

Bride’s cake!

9 Likes

I :purple_heart: these sooo much! Especially the third one.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

It was supposed to be first, but it wound up last. :roll_eyes: Stupid internet!

7 Likes