"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

So cute! I need to add this one to my collection as well!

8 Likes

I didn’t know what to expect with that gif for a second lol. I thought it was going to be an R-rated gif

5 Likes

I heard in an interview that whoever it was in the Neil Gaiman pitch meeting didn’t know he was British and thought he kept saying “black hawk kid.”

6 Likes

Pick-ups for the week so far:

Walmart

I wasn’t expecting the Aquaman wave at physical retail yet, but when I came across 3 full sets (at minimum, as the shelf was full of this wave) on Tuesday, I grabbed a set for myself and left with a smile.

Aqualad is the figure of this wave. Definitely one of my top 3 McFarlane pieces of '23, at this point.

Amazon

Forgive my use of Amazon stock photos, but both items are still in their shipping boxes, as I’ve had a busy work day and am moseying out to see Shazam: Fury of the Gods in a few, so I haven’t had time to crack either one open.

The 5-pack looks very nifty from what I saw online yesterday. Its reminds me of Mattel’s Target exclusive 5-packs for The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. I’m quite eager to check out General Zod, as this is the first 4-inch, screen-accurate figure of him in his battle armor.

McFarlane Store

I’m not usually one for pre-orders, but yesterday, I went ahead and pre-ordered the following:

I’m not sure about the Batcycle or the Batwing. Both look great of course, but I don’t need a fleet of Batwings, given I have one of the 4-inch Spin Master iteration, with another due whenever I end up getting the Amazon Supergirl/Flash/Namek/Batwing box set.

If the Batcycle is prominently featured in the movie, I might get it, but I’ll wait until after I’ve seen the movie.

Circling back to the Batwing, I wouldn’t know where to put it if and when I do buy it.

I suppose I could take down the painting over my living room couch. That thing’s been there for years anyway, so why not? Bye-bye painting and hello, giant Batwing! :smile:

14 Likes

It was free lol found in Walmart’s video game department

14 Likes

Jelly! I want a nice free mag!

9 Likes

Arrived today!
MANTIS!

{With comic! I’m gonna take a little break from figures for a bit and focus on collecting the mini-comics as I’ve fallen behind on those!)
Also seen with his earlier form in a later figure series ((JLU),

and with his fellow Super Powers Apokoliptians

15 Likes

oh, it looks like it’s online for free lol

sorry trees

and there’s a contest to win this Justice League game i’ve never heard of, to enter you have to fill out a survey at WGC 92 Reader Survey

10 Likes

Groovy get! Your Kalibak pick-up was sweet, too.

Now, that’s a money shot! :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Picked this guy up at the Funko Shop

13 Likes

Very cool!

6 Likes

James Gunn saying that the games will be connected to the new DCU :skull:

4 Likes

Got some new DC goodies today. JSA by Geoff Johns book five and a Superman 85th Anniversary magazine.

Looking forward to reading both!

14 Likes

Nice acquisitions @Vroom (and way to break the bank)! Will be most curious about your thoughts on the Supergirl once you get that one opened. Have a feeling it looks better in hand than in pictures.

6 Likes

What’s this cosmic chaos business? Is it a game for the controller challenged, like myself?

5 Likes

Nice! Where does one score the Supes magazine?

7 Likes

I found mine at Walmart. Should also be available at CVS or Barnes & Noble though. Anywhere that sells magazine should have it!

7 Likes

14 Likes

Thank you. Will keep in mind to check next time I’m at a Walmart.

7 Likes

Back in the late 80’s/early 90’s I was really into Batman and bought so many graphic novels and comics (I blame Dark Knight Returns for it all). I had Nightfall Volumes I and II but never ended up getting III (I think because I graduated college before it came out). Now, after only a brief 30 year downtime, I have volume III at last and will finally find out what happened!

I also had to get Wonder Woman Earth One in print. I only just read them recently. How is it the Golden Age Wonder Woman fanatic only just now learned that these were a Golden Age homage? It boggles the mind. It was especially good since I just finished all my Golden Age omnibuses so all the characters were still fresh in my mind.

17 Likes