"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

In addition to the Dynamic Duo Megos, I also picked up the Black Adam t-shirt.

6 Likes

13 Likes

They’re brand-new this year.

I had no idea those sets existed until I saw them a few days ago.

I also have no idea if they’re exclusive to Walmart, or if they’re available to any retailer and Walmart got them first.

Between new…Mego figures, Multiverse, 7-inch Page Punchers, Spin Master wares and Funko stuff (including the DCeased Black Canary/GL Pop), Walmart’s a happenin’ joint, right now.

6 Likes

Wunderbar!

Between my Mego Superman, your Mego B&R and our choice tastes in fashion, we’re simpatico!

Why, Beetlejuice himself would say “We shop at the same store!” :smiley:

@Green.Lantern Those are rad!

Do you remember which dollar store (by name) offhand?

I’ve seen Micro Collection-branded DC product at Dollar Tree in the past, so I’m betting they could have LOSP, too.

6 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes

I need to get this- good stuff here @DarkKnight39! :00_harlivy: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn:

:black_heart: :heart: :green_heart:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Spiffy!

7 Likes

9 Likes

More pops

14 Likes

I got a spiffy bonus from work a week ago, which led to the following Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend haul:

:00_lc_green_lantern1: Friday :00_lc_green_lantern1:

Amazon

I had previously bought Kyle at Target a month or two back, but I eventually returned him, as I had decided to pass on the Atrocitus wave at that time.

However…I’d been re-reading a lot of Blackest Night stuff lately, and when I saw Amazon had each of the above for $14.99, I shined my ring on that deal. :gl_hv_2:

Atrocitus is a not only a hefty, finely-sculpted and finely-detailed chunk of plastic, but also one of my top 5 Multiverse figures of the year and the best Atrocitus figure, ever.

Also from the Amazing Amazon:

Sabbac is pretty rad. I was going to pass on him, but I figured (pun intended!) that since I was wrapping up the JSA, I may as well get a villain to go with them, so I yoinked he who is red, tall and horned.

Dollar Tree

Special thanks to @Green.Lantern for the heads-up about the LOSP figures hitting the dollar store circuit. They’re really spiffy (definitely worth $1.25 each and then some), especially Merton.

:00_cyborg: Saturday :00_cyborg:

Five Below

No reason to show Superman’s cardback, since its identical to Vic’s. :wink:

Target

I wasn’t expecting the Justice League (i.e. the Howard Porter-style League, because they’re clearly based on his initial work from Morrison’s JLA) Pops in-store yet, so Kyle was a pleasant surprise.

Based on YouTube toy hunt videos and eBay searches, Superman and Wonder Woman are also out. The store I found Kyle at only had him on-shelf (7 or 8 copies, if memory serves) and no other characters in the back.

Thanks to @moro for the heads-up on the JL Pops. :+1:t2:

:boom: Sunday :boom:

Walgreens

As I recall, the above Doomsday came out last year at Walgreens. I looked and looked for him, but to no avail and ultimately passed on him.

A couple days ago however, I saw him in a YouTube toy hunt video (and of course, the person who made the video made no mention of him) as part of a Christmas-themed shipper at Walgreens (naturadiddly, as Doomsday is exclusive to them :wink:).

In the video I saw, the shipper had mostly Hasbro product on it, yet Doomsday was there in the bottom right corner.

I popped by a random Walgreens yesterday afternoon for kicks, and sure enough, Doomsday was there. :partying_face:

He was on-shelf in the regular toy aisle, and I didn’t see any Christmas displays like those seen on YouTube (Doomsday probably bashed them into the cardboard bailer in the back). :grin:

Not toys, but I also bought Black Adam and the 4K edition of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Good, good Thanksgiving weekend watches. :clark_hv_4:

10 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

Solid haul Super Cool @Vroom

9 Likes

Thank ya kindly, Dynamic @DC89.

8 Likes

That is some haul! Love the Funko Pops.

7 Likes

Thank you. As the adage goes, “Hard work pays off.”

I wasn’t going to get the full Justice League set, but being the Morrison JLA fan I am…I just might.

Right now, I’m still planning on getting Wonder Woman and Superman to go alongside Kyle, as they’re definites.

The others? Maybe…but only if they end up being the kind of exclusives I see on every trip to Target, and can therefore take my time in picking up.

6 Likes

Injustice Doomsday but NO BATMAN or SUPERMAN??

5 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2: I don’t think Funko has made Injustice Pops of those two. I don’t know Pops remotely anywhere as well as I do action figures though, so I could be wrong.

I’m glad I found Doomsday this year instead of last anyway, given how 2022 is such a prominent year for the character and his debut storyline.

5 Likes

They didn’t. But I was kinda shocked to see that they made Doomsday (which is still a good Pop), without the core Injustice characters

Me too

4 Likes

Filling out the library.
I didn’t love Doomsday Clock but Gary Frank’s art looks great in Absolute size.
I like Metal and the “metal” slipcase is cool.
JL Origins was on sale and honestly I needed a book that stands easily on my JL shelf because other books kept falling over.
I’ll probably never read the NML omnibus because you need a sturdy table to support them but it’s nice to have that epic series completed. and why don’t omnibi come with ribbon bookmarks?!

14 Likes

Bottleneck Prints

Sideshow

12 Likes