"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Thank you kindly, Distinguished @DC89.

7 Likes

Ty my friend, they are super hard. Other ones I think I photographed were individuals & smaller. Less glare. Huntress was the only one b4 these that was a 1.25”. All the others were ones that came with the figures. Smaller, not as bright. Like Zatanna, Raven, (DC Universe Classics) JSA came with Power Girl etc. I had to lay that one on my bed with no shudders down to get (Huntress) a pic lol. I gotta remember to go into my basement. Get baseball card cases, & put those collectors cards in em today. Keep forgetting that, & to hang my posters. I’ve got 7 posters to hang. Been putting it off forever. Got em framed instantly, then never hung em…

7 Likes

Yeah, I have trouble with light when taking pictures of a lot of my buttons and pins. Sometimes glare will show up in the picture!

7 Likes

Yep. Same with posters. I’ve caught a few that had my full face in em. Not that I care. I’ve posted myself on here multiple times. But, I do care when I’m trying to display a new button, or poster & my face ruins the picture lol.

7 Likes

Picked these up at my WallyWorld:

Haven’t opened them yet but couldn’t resist all four.

10 Likes

Oh, nice! Good scores.

You found those 4 and I’ve found 3 other sets (Nubia, Blood Syndicate and Beyond The White Knight), so now we just need to find one more and that should be the full group.

When you pop the Dark Crisis and Flashpoint Beyond sets open, be sure to notate what’s in them, if you please. I have those issues already, but if there’s something cool and new to me alongside them, I’d be fine with buying them again.

7 Likes

The Wonder Girl: Trial of the Amazons #1 one?

7 Likes

slaps forehead and says "Hello, Megan! to himself

Yep, that’s the one. Cripes and criminy, how did I forget about Yara? :facepalm_catwoman:

So, the new Walmart bundles “star”:

• Batman: Beyond The White Knight #1
  • Batman Beyond: Neo Year #1
  • Blood Syndicate: Season One #1
  • Dark Crisis #1
  • Flashpoint Beyond #1
  • Jurassic League #1
  • Nubia Coronation Special
  • Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1

That’s a pretty solid variety, and its nice to see so many recent releases offered.

9 Likes

So at :dart: I found something I hadn’t seen before. It’s a comic and a small figure. There were four options, Superman #1 (rebirth) with a Superman figure, Batman 608 with a Batman figure, Flashpoint #1 with a Flash figure and Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1 with a Black Adam figure.

I grabbed Flashpoint because I liked how the Flash figure looked. I had the comic already but I was also sort of curious if it was going to be the same or not. (It is, as far as I could tell)

I forgot to take a picture of it in the package but here it is after I opened it:

I had a hard time getting a good picture of it, so sorry everyone.

15 Likes

That sounds (and looks) very cool! I want to go to Target anyway, I might have to check these out.

7 Likes

It was in the toys section! I’m not sure if every store will have them though. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I usually skip past the toy section (except for the Lego aisle), but I really shouldn’t, they have all kinds of fun things there now.

10 Likes

Arrived today. The DC Designer Series Catwoman statue, based on the work of Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, and released by McFarlane Toys.

All information about this statue says it is limited to 5000, yet the base on mine tells a different story.

Misprint on the base or a misprint all across the internet? No matter, this is a quality statue by Mcfarlane and helps make my decision to get the J. Scott Campbell Harley Quinn statue easier. She is available to ship on 7/15.

17 Likes

That’s Flash from wave 1 of McFarlane/DC Direct’s 3-inch Page Punchers line. Congrats on the pick-up! :superman_hv_4:

Now? My emerald-hued friend, Target has had all kinds of fun DC things in their toy aisles for the last 33 years.

Trust me, I know. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Gorgeous!!! Could be that you got a 1st edition. Then, after it sold out super fast, they made a 2nd line of them? Or Vice-Versa? I’d guess yours is probably vol 1 tho. Just because they don’t do 5,000. Then make an extra 63 when it sells out. It’s usually opposite. 63 sell out fast, they make a 2nd volume of 5,000? I’ve had a Catwoman Ame-Comi that came that way, & like a year later I saw-due to popular demand, & a record setting sell out time. We’re reissuing this figure as a vol. #2. Price on original goes thru the roof too!!! Either way, that’s awesome!!! Those 5,000 limited go thru the roof when sold out too. They dip when there not selling. Then, as soon as everyone starts buying em up cuz of the price drop, price skyrockets!! I’m sure u know the game. But, just in case?

7 Likes

Awesome @Row.Harper! I was at Target earlier today and saw them. I picked up the Superman one.

I also had to to get these from Target as well.

14 Likes

Scored a rad Tuesday haul:

Target

I figured (pun intended? Hell, why not? Let’s run with it :grin:) I’d have to run the DPCI (087-16-5339) by an employee for that one, but nope, I found two of him on the pegs in the main figure aisle. :partying_face:

Wasn’t expecting Ms. Newmar so fast after she’d been announced, but there she was, and on a peg full of herself (in a good way :wink:). The DPCI for her is 323-01-1076.

Found the Page Punchers shipper :tada:, which was in the vicinity of dolls and miscellaneous toys. The DPCI for these is 087-16-5967.

I’ll probably pick up Flash and Black Adam this weekend, but Superman and Batman came home today.

I haven’t opened them yet, but they look good. I also like the resealable packaging, which reminds me of DC Direct’s last go with that, around the early '00s, or so.

Amazon

Kara’s here! :blush: She’s a pretty neat figure. As I said last week, I ordered the Multiverse Hush with her, but he’s currently scheduled for a Saturday delivery, for whatever reason.

Alrighty, dinner and then time to open new toys. :nerd_face:

@rwk Nice haul! Be sure to chime in with a taste report on the Flash cereal, if you don’t mind. I hope its full of Speed Force goodness! :00_flash:

13 Likes

Went to the Hollis, NH Flea Market this weekend. Found a couple of nice things:

Love the notecard pack! The Christmas ones are perfect for my normal Christmas decorating explosion every year, and how could I not love Golden Age Wonder Woman?

DC vs. Marvel is a fun read. I have the individual issues but thought I would grab the graphic novel as well. It was a reader’s vote who won for the big fights. If Diana had to lose to someone, I am glad it was Storm.

Also got my new Cpap mask:

“Ah you think sleep is your ally? You merely adopted the sleep. I was born in it, snoozed by it. I didn’t get out of bed until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but awakening!”

I can’t believe the packaging says “Perfect for Mouth Breathers.”

13 Likes

Cool gets, especially the DC vs. Marvel trade. :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Just got this for $12. :man_shrugging:
My favorite SS character. Always a fun Kryptonian “villain” too.

12 Likes