"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

:joy:

Then Cyborg says “You can eat cereal at any time of day.” which makes Robin lose it and go on a tirade.

Raven would then mute Robin while the rest eat. :grin:

7 Likes

Thank you! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Just got three McFarlane figures in the mail:

Platinum Superman

…which ended up on the Superman & His Rogues shelf

Endless Winter Wonder Woman

…which ended up on the Random But Awesome shelf

Injustice 2 Green Arrow

…which is being repurposed as a comics JL Ollie

The piece of the day though goes to my personal version of Frankenstein’s monster. I’ve amassed a small collection of random body parts from McFarlane Multiverse build-a-figures I never bothered to complete over the last couple years, but no torso. The Wonder Woman above finally gave me a torso I can use, so lo and behold, Moro’s Monster:

He’s big & ugly & went straight to storage, but I had to do it :joy:

11 Likes

Moro’s Monster, love it! :hugs:

10 Likes

Target pick-up:

Picked that up yesterday (Monday) afternoon. It wasn’t on-shelf, but I ran the DPCI (087-16-6971) by a friendly employee and they brought it out of the back for me. Have I mentioned how Target employees kick ass? Because they do!

Batman’s elbows are admittedly kind-of glaring, but I’m leaving this boxed, so it won’t bother me the way it might bother those would would open this set.

I hope to see this Batman get an individual release at some point, because its a snazzy piece that channels Jim Lee’s art as well, or better, than DC Direct’s Hush Batman from 2003 does.

Speaking of spiffy Hush-based box sets, here’s a look at Mattel’s Infinite Heroes box from 2008 (and a Toys R Us exclusive) that featured Hush/Jason/Clayface, a black and gray Batman and other nifty figures:

13 Likes

Thank you Sir!

BG DCSHG

7 Likes

8 Likes

…and of course, thank you. :clark_hv_4:

7 Likes

Agreed. Couldn’t get myself to buy the box set, mainly because of those elbows. There’s pictures online of a version with more accurate gauntlets that stop short of the elbows. Hope that’s real and it gets released.

7 Likes

I’m a massive nerd for Hush, so I had to buy that set (primarily because I genuinely like it). Elbow wonkiness be damned, I likes me Hush toys! :nerd_face:

I’ve seen that one, and it is nice.

I doubt the Batman in this set only gets this one release, so I’m sure we’ll see him again and hopefully in blue and gray, to boot.

Speaking of figures who debuted in a two-pack and were known to be getting an eventual individual release, I do wonder what the status of the Hal Jordan single pack is, especially since it was shown on packaging late last year and into early 2022.

7 Likes

Another two-pack I skipped in favor of the single pack. Looks like Hal may be getting a single pack Parallax figure before this happens.

7 Likes

My train of thought has been we’d see the solo Hal alongside the Atrocitus wave.

One one hand, I say that if that was happening, we’d already know about it and have seen pictures of Hal.

On the other, we got Inque as Batman Beyond and the Gold Label Catwoman with zero advance notice, so who knows? Maybe Hal will pop-up alongside Kyle and friends.

7 Likes

That is brilliant! I have the torso and Batman head/cape from WW figures, which I will now be saving in the hopes of making a monster of my own someday.

Honestly, I would never let this beauty sit in storage. :rofl:

8 Likes

:joy:

It would be a conversation starter for sure.

“Who the ■■■■ is this?”
“Merciless Frost Darkbat.”
“Huh?”
“Had a little too much free time on my hands, ok?”

9 Likes

Wasn’t going to pick these up, but then I did…

14 Likes

You’re quite welcome my partner in crime…

8 Likes

Just arrived!!! McFarlane Lobo bite me fanboy :joy:

Just might happen to have more McFarlane, & DC merch on its way. Tomorrow supposedly. Just hopped on to share this real quick…

14 Likes

I haven’t had Cap’n Crunch in like 4 years. Now I just want to have it for the boxes lol

6 Likes

Reminds me of that Super Friends episode where a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein created a Monster and transferred all the powers of the Super Friends (except for Aquaman) to it>

8 Likes

Nice to see all the new additions to the thread.

I just got DC Pride 2021, DC Pride 2022, and DC Pride - Tim Drake special.

7 Likes