"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Yay @Bukdiah! good to see you again. :smiley:

10 Likes

I got the Hot Wheels Batman '66 Batmobile a few years back and it is still my favorite Hot Wheels car.

9 Likes

Huzzah! It’s been a while. I have been applying for jobs like 2 months straight and finally landed one.

12 Likes

Congrats on the new job!

10 Likes

I remember when the TV Batmobile debuted in 2007 in the basic Hot Wheels line.

Its release then was a pretty big deal, as that was the first mass market-released Adam West Batman collectible in quite some time, and the collector interest in it was huge.

I bought 3 when I first found it:

• One to open.
  • One to keep carded.
  • One that I gave my then-regular comic store as a token of thanks for how awesome they were. They kept it carded and put it in a very visible spot amongst their other pop culture goodies that were on display behind the registers.

That casting (mold/sculpt, in HW lingo) is a home run. You know you’ve got something good when you can continually reissue it for 15 years and it maintains evergreen popularity and sales.

@Bukdiah Thanks for the 411, I’ll look into those books. Brubaker is indeed a massive talent, and always an absolute treat to read.

Also, :fireworks: congrats :fireworks: on the new job! :partying_face:

9 Likes

More of a “Look What I Just Did” really, but last night my wife got me tickets to “An Evening with Neil Gaiman”- he read some short stories, some poems (one about Batman as a way to pay tribute to Neal Adams) and answered questions from fans. I was exhausted, but it was fantastic. Looking back on it now, it feels like a dream … :wink:

16 Likes

Very cool!

Gaiman’s one of those people who can quite literally talk about anything and have it be an absolutely fascinating listen.

9 Likes

Ok so last Wednesday……

Latest find at GameStop!
(Rt. 9 Howell, NJ)
McFarlane Multiverse
Aquaman
(Really wish they’d do an alternate figure with short hair and no beard)

18 Likes

Wow that is too cool dude.

14 Likes

Awesome! I saw him back when Ocean at the End of the Lane came out. He read a bit of the book and answered audience questions. It was definitely a late night, but so cool to see and hear him in person.

10 Likes

Kenner Super Powers…

9 Likes

Got these badboys in the mail yesterday from the McFarlane Store:

I have no idea why that Reverse-Flash pic came out smaller…:thinking:

Anyway!

Both figures are pretty slick. GA especially, as he can definitely fit into a McFarlane Justice League, easy-peasy!

Also, it goes without saying (but I’mma say it anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) that this GA is much better than the one released in 2020.

For whatever reason, the Grifter I ordered with the above two is shipping separately, so he’s scheduled for arrival on Wednesday.

I might nab another Grifter (a boxed double) when he hits physical retail, so as to kick some extra support towards the first (of hopefully many) WildStorm character in the Multiverse line.

14 Likes

My Injustice RF is in the mail and should arrive by Thursday.
Additionally, I see that my Wally West Flash pre-order has been moved up from placed to preparing…to on it’s way! And should be arriving tomorrow!

11 Likes

Cool beans! Did you get RF from the McFarlane Store too, or elsewhere?

Given what a Flash fan you are, I hope you like both figures.

I certainly like them, especially Wally.

9 Likes

You guys remember Darci from the second (and sadly last) appearance of the Toyman in Superman the Animated Series?

I made her for my Toyman setup

17 Likes

Yeah I ordered Injustice RF from McFarlane direct.
But today! Wally arrived!

Bart?

Yeah Wallace?

When do you think we’ll get our turn?

Well, there’s gamer Thawne, Godspeed and TV Barry still to come…I’d say somewhere between next year and never.

Man! And Damian already has three figures!

Yeah…. Maybe we should just quit the speed force and join the Bat-Family!

17 Likes

Cole Cash’s first figure in 27 years is in the hizzoose! :partying_face:

I haven’t had time to open the USPS box yet, hence the above stock photo, but he’s definitely here! :hugs: :partying_face:

I kind of want to nab this now (Grifter’s last figure):

I used to have it, but I sold it in 2016.

For kicks, here’s Grifter’s original figure (which I do have, and its my fav of the WildC.A.T.S line):

Cole also came in a set with a Daemonite:

I’ve never had that, so I’ll have to add it to The List.

Anyway, enough gushing about Grifter. I’m just really excited to see a WildStorm fav of mine getting new life in plastic. :nerd_face:

“Moving on.”

Nabbed this guy at Target yesterday for $7 and change:

With the forthcoming Munitions Pack, I figured the time was right to nab the Target exclusive version of Chris, so as to have him ready to arm-up (along with the regular, helmeted Peacemaker) when that pack debuts.

Munitions Pack readiness aside, the clearance price of $7 and change was worth it for the alternate head and axe alone.

I also nabbed this at Target for my JP-loving BFF:

14 Likes

Does Peacemaker not come with a two head version, toilet bowl on and off?

11 Likes

Alright, I finally found this for a price I could live with: the SH Figuarts Wonder Woman 1984 figure. Shoutout to @DC89 for answering all my questions about these figures awhile back. :grin:

My main concern was that she would scale okay with my Mattel Steve Trevor…since it’s the only Steve figure they’re ever likely to make. (Just because he doesn’t have powers doesn’t make him any less of a hero. Make more figures of him, DC! :angry:)

Anyway - while not perfect (Steve should not be taller than Diana in any universe), it’s a good enough match.

I will say about these figures - I love the articulation, but the hand/face swapping system leaves something to be desired. It’s a pain to get them fitting on there right, and my Sersi figure like this actually had the wrist joint snap when I tried to swap hands. I was a little afraid to attempt it with Diana, but I had to pose her with her lasso at least once.

More pics

A few attempts I made at scene recreations:

In the end, my Steve figure will probably just stay with my Mattel Diana because they look better dancing together:

Really cool figure, though. She looks great. :star_struck: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

16 Likes

Aww- happy to be helpful in any way I can @Angel212. :smiley: :hugs:

14 Likes