"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Now whenever I see this movie I will wonder what stuff you’ve bought recently. :laughing:

8 Likes

I used to have a copy of Detective Comics no. 497! I wish I could remember the story though.

6 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

I haven’t read it yet but I will soon. :+1:

8 Likes

That’s a good one!!! Ty btw for Supes & Doomsday compliment & :joy: I know…Their ready to throw hands. There’s a cut out in the middle of that boulder scenery, that’s form fitted for Doomsday’s foot- & it has a peg. I’ll probably set it up properly eventually. But, for now, I like the face off. There’s a bunch of ways u can do it. This pic was on the box, &, it’s what the card it came with looks like. I might put Doomsday in the middle tho & have him about to body slam Supes on the boulder? They did it with em both on the same side as another option. Looks like this.

10 Likes

My money’s on Supes. He knows what to expect this time around. :smiley: :00_superman: :00_superman1:

9 Likes

:laughing: yes indeed he does. Plus, Superman never loses in this house lol. :00_superman1: :00_supergirl_arrowverse:

8 Likes

Congrats on getting the JLA Connor (you’re hunting for the Total Justice version too, yes? :wink:)!

I’m glad that my eBay seller’s mistake inspired you to partake in procuring further Kenner magic. :superman_hv_4:

Your other pick-ups are snazzy as well. Other than Babs being on the cover, does that ish of 'Tec have a certain importance?

5 Likes

Cool stuff @capo-mage. I really like that Superman/Devastator set.

Funny you post this now. Couple days ago, I had to rearrange my collection area, so I had to take everything down and put back up in new spots. In the process, I finally managed to get these two in a stable pose on the stand (and with that pointy rock not looking like it’s going up Supes’ nether regions). Came here to post a pic and saw your post :slightly_smiling_face:

Note: Yeah, I used a kaiser stand to keep Devastator up. He was standing ok, but had a feeling he was going to topple under his own (very heavy) weight in a few days.

12 Likes

That’s an awesome way to do it. I’m thinking of putting Doomsday in the middle like that & have him holding Supes right above that boulder, body slam style. Speaking of toppling under his own weight. Is that Doomsday 𝐧𝐨𝐭 the heaviest, most well built figure you’ve ever owned? I couldn’t believe how heavy it was when I removed it from the box. Articulations on him are crazy too, everything is adjustable even his jaw.

8 Likes

It’s built like a ■■■■■■■ rock. I was lukewarm on getting the set, because it’s not a “pure” Doomsday, but man I’m glad I changed my mind. The heft, the detail… very nice.

7 Likes

It is!!! I wasn’t expecting it when I removed him, my hand went downwards cuz I wasn’t expecting the weight. Has to be the best built figure I own. This build-a-Doomsday was the previous winner. I didn’t think there could be a heavier figure with more articulations then this? :point_down:t2:

11 Likes

I know exactly what you mean.

I have a week of vacation at the end of the month where I look forward to taking all of my books out of their bookshelves (and all the action figures in front of them) and going to town.

6 Likes

It’s a heck of a chore. Lots of fun in the beginning taking all the stuff out and admiring it piece by piece, then when everything was spread out over the room it felt like I was never gonna finish… started cursing the day I got myself into this mess of a hobby :joy:. Very satisfying when you look at the end result though.

6 Likes

I just redid my entire Superman shelf to fit that Devastator/ Superman set on it. I still have 6 posters to hang. All framed been sitting for over a year. I’m gonna put the, well this one.

Above that shelf. Just gotta figure out where I’m gonna put the other 5. Just gotta commit an entire day to it. Cuz I have figures I wanna put up so bad, but, need some major rearranging to do it. I wanna put up my OMAC Attack Pack 4” figs so bad. I’m pretty sure I can make it room-wise. But, there such a pain til u get em just right. I know it’ll be a few months of em falling over & taking out everything around em til I get it right. Then I need to dig out a Batgirl batarang & a Mister Mind that are both behind the middle of my 3 side by side shelves. The batarang ending up where it did should be impossible? She’s at the very front of the shelf. Somehow it fell out of her hand. Slid to the back, then turned vertical & slid between 3 shelves where it had to stay flat against the wall the entire time. I couldn’t hold it & drop it to make it do that. Yet, somehow, it did that on it’s own. I can’t believe it even made it past 20 figures to get to the wall. Let alone do that, & turn perfectly vertical & slide all the way behind 3 shelves when it barely fits? I wouldn’t think it even possible if it didn’t happen?

9 Likes

Picked up Harley and Mister J:

12 Likes

Three Jokers Batman has arrived.

Replaces Detective Comics 1000 as the McFarlane Justice League Batman

20 Likes

Favorite birthday present yesterday:

Pictures don’t do the charm justice. The background behind the text sparkles and reminds me of the night sky. :00_wonder_woman_gold:

18 Likes

Okay that’s actually really cool! :scream:

9 Likes

My girlfriend has a similar WW one.

Very cool.

8 Likes

That is a lovely charm bracelet!

5 Likes