"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Nice pickups @DC89; very nice covers.

I really liked the interior art in the Batgirls preview they did in one of the Batman comics. Story didn’t hook me though. Let us know your thoughts when you read through :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you Sir!

I will indeed. :smiley:

8 Likes

xwdcpzBx

Thought I’d share this with the nephew when he gets a little older. Right now he’d probably be more interested putting the pieces in his mouth. :laughing:

16 Likes

Recent pick-ups from the last week and change:

Amazon:

I didn’t know Lobo even had a Platinum Edition, but when I cracked open the delivery box this past Sunday and saw the above, I thought (as Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor once said), “Well, that’s neat.”

Target:

I found this guy (who is reminiscent of Kenner’s Tec-Shield Batman, from The Dark Knight Collection) just after Christmas.

He’s part of a new wave of 12-inch from Spin Master, with the only other new figure being New 52 Nightwing (seen on the bottom right in the below photo).

Nightwing isn’t out yet, and he’s likely a repaint of their Rebirth version of him, but dang it, I likes me New 52 Nightwing, so I will be on the hunt for 'im! :nerd_face:

Oh. YEAH. The Platinum Edition Lobo is nifty, but The Main Man fraggin’ excels in his regular form.

This guy (an early birthday present from my BFF) is absolutely one of McFarlane’s best from 2021, and one of the very best in the entire Multiverse line so far. He’s also my all-time favorite Lobo figure now, as the sculpt, detail (especially the back of his jacket :smirk:) and articulation all kick some serious ass, Clyde.

When I turned the corner at Target and saw him, I said “Frag yeah!”. Luckily, nobody else was around to hear my geeky joygasm. Other than my BFF that is, but they’re used to me geeking out over wicked-rad plastic. :wink:

Lastly from Target:

A few days ago, I saw someone on YouTube found these, and then later in the day, bingo! So did I. :hugs:

The detail on both is quite exquisite, especially on the Batmobile, and its definitely one of the best vehicles in this long-running (since 2008!) line.

eBay:

This was actually supposed to be Kyle Rayner, but the seller screwed up and sent me Connor Hawke instead. :facepalm_catwoman:

They fixed their mistake however, and as a result, I ended up with a free Kenner Connor Hawke. :grin:

Of his two Kenner releases (the first being in series 3 of Total Justice), I like this one the least. The Total Justice version was spot-on to his comic look, while the JLA version is darker so as to differentiate it from its previous release. Kind of a lazy repaint (yet still neat), but the free price was right, so who’m I to pitch a fit? :man_shrugging:

Not merch-related, but I’ve also found the latest wave of Walmart comic bundles at assorted stores over the last week. There’s definitely some good (in some cases, very good :00_wonder_woman_gold:) reads in them.

M’kay, my birthday is a week from today, so I’ll likely have more goodies to share soon. :clark_hv_4:

14 Likes

Solid pickups there @Vroom- I especially like that JLA Connor H. figure. Gonna’ head over to eBay and see if I can grab one. Thx for the heads up on it Sir. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Very nice! :smiley:

7 Likes

“In the duck!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :00_batman_1992:

Love these Mr. @biff_pow. :smiley:

9 Likes

Thank you Collecting Chum, and good luck on your eBay hunt. :+1:t2:

Snag Connor’s Total Justice fig too (like the JLA repaint, it’s dirt cheap right now), as that one is properly colored to what his comic look actually was, unlike the JLA edition.

Also, the TJ Connor has a spiffy removable headset and an arrow launching accessory , while the JLA version only has his bow and arrow. You definitely get more bang for your buck with the TJ edition! :00_green_arrow_rebirth:

4 Likes

Kinda late, but here are my DC-related Christmas presents:

Calendar so I can keep track of time in the mid-pandemic landscape :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

WW rubber duck (possibly my most random gift…I love that she has bracelets on her wings :joy:)

WW84 card game by Cryptozoic. Took a bit to get a handle on the rules but after that had a lot of fun with this. It’s a game that can be set up and played through quickly, which is always nice.

This wasn’t really a present…I bought it for myself. Gal Gadot designed these shirts for Represent.com to celebrate Wonder Woman’s 80th. Took awhile to receive since they are printed to order. It’s a soft, good-quality t-shirt. :blush:

17 Likes

Very cool WW gets here @Angel212. :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

My best friend sent me this for Christmas!

16 Likes

That’s actually pretty awesome! :open_mouth:

What a nice friend

10 Likes

Very cool @WonderFlash93. :grinning: I love these book and mask set editions. :+1:

10 Likes

Cool stuff @Angel212!

8 Likes

I used to own this album when I was a kid. Even though I have all the shows on mp3, you know I had to buy it! I got some more old time radio albums featuring Abbott and Costello, Kay Kyser, and Edgar Bergen as well.

17 Likes

Original Supes radio broadcast on vinyl- very cool @patterson65.37405. :+1:

10 Likes

Nice haul.

I have that duck as well but must have forgot to post it here. She is on a shelf with a collection of bathroom-related Pez and Smurfs.

My house is kinda weird when I stop and think about it. :laughing:

8 Likes

Don’t call it weird! Call it fascinatingly unique. :grin:

7 Likes

Just snagged Lobo!
(@ Target. Rt. 9 Howell, NJ)

15 Likes

Got a copy of DC Pride signed by James Tynion IV today

15 Likes