"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

That is really cool! I only first noticed Joelle Jones’ work fairly recently, but I really like it.

9 Likes

Some more birthday goodies:

Wife got me this glass and crazy card. I didn’t even know the glass existed.

Found this little group of goodies on eBay for $10 with free shipping. Whoever sold it paid $10.10 to ship it. I honestly feel a little guilty.

The best part is this amazing “Activity Fun Set” that looks suspiciously like school supplies. You sure are a lot of fun- pencils, pencil sharpener, eraser -and- pad of paper! I’ll be all set for the rest of the year with you!

I’ve been delaying on getting this set from the movie, but when I saw them all with the build-a-figure on eBay, I pulled the trigger. They look rather snazzy on the shelf.

Still have some more stuff coming in on Friday. There are some serious benefits to hitting the theoretical halfway mark in life!

16 Likes

Found today at LCS
McFarlane Multiverse
Platinum Edition
Injustice 2
Doctor Fate

Here he is next to the standard edition

(I have to say I’m disappointed that the newer variant figures don’t also include the shiny metallisized cards the way the first wave or two did!)

Finally, here’s the whole Fate Family together

(I still need the Hector Hall “modern” DCUC variant and the DC Direct New Frontier Dr. Fate)

18 Likes

Exactly the same over here. I had a conversation with someone on here -about how I read Catwoman & loved her take. Than started noticing almost everything I was liking was her work, &, I never was into her until this site opened!!! I love her iterations!! Oh & TY btw!!! Oh it was @Razzzcat …of course it was lol!!!

5 Likes

I love wood creations like this! I would be afraid to touch it, honestly.

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: That is fantastic!!

7 Likes

@SteveTrevor2.0 & @golddragon71 amazing stuff. I dropped mine & went reading. Doing Event Leviathan the way they put it on here…it’s working out great. Just saw your stuff tho, very, very nice!!!

5 Likes

These new GL figs are very spiffy @golddragon71 and I gotta’ bestow on you the mad props for that awesome DC hardbound collection. :smiley: :+1: :00_dc_2016:

8 Likes

Yay @capo-mage! So glad you were able to finally get this fantastic Helena statue. :smiley: Isn’t this a great piece? I :purple_heart: mine sooo much! :+1: :00_huntress1: :00_huntress2:

8 Likes

Ty buddy!!! :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it: I was scared cuz the only review said- it’s nice depending on how the delivery person handles it. Said it shows up with the crossbow arm broken a lot. Had a pic of his it was broken. When I got my Jessica Cruz, it said the same thing about her arm holding the lantern. I opened it, & sure enough, it was laying on her lap. They replaced it tho. But, I saw a hole & scratches all over it. I was just thinking…idc, just be a non broken Cover Girls Statue. I got lucky :four_leaf_clover: it wasn’t busted!.,! I appreciate it!!!

9 Likes

Woo-hoo!

5 Likes

Just saw the question at the bottom lol. Yes!!! ITS AMAZING!!! imho……

4 Likes

I love the archive editions And It’s a real drag we didn’t get the two more volumes It would have taken to Bring the GL series up to Green Lantern #74 the issue just before the Green Lantern >o<Green Arrow series began.

4 Likes

Nice Superman haul today.

First up is the STAS Superman & Lois Two Pack from DC Collectibles. My first Lois, and in my opinion, the best animated Superman figure out there.

What’s that in the background, you say? That brings me to my second find. Got a lot of 1995 Kenner Man of Steel figures. I absolutely love these little guys, and will probably end up collecting the whole line. Thanks @Vroom for bringing these to my attention. Took me a long while to get to ‘em, but without you mentioning them, I wouldn’t know of their existence. Here’s some pics:

18 Likes

Oh nice, @moro!

The DCC STAS two-pack is great. Definitely one of my favorite multi-packs from their last few years.

The Superman: Man of Steel stuff is chef’s kiss! It’s my favorite line of the Kenner/Hasbro era. Excellent pick-ups, super friend.

If and when you open them, be sure to jot down your thoughts on them.

Are you going to collect the rest of the line eventually, or are the figures you got just a figurative taste test?

Also, and with regards to the MOS line, three words: Kryptonian. Battle. Suit.

10 Likes

You opened a Platinum Edition figure? :scream:

I kid, I kid. :slight_smile:

If I find the Platinum Edition Gorilla Grodd, I’ll open him, toot sweet. You can never have enough battle-ready gorillas on your shelf, afterall.

@moro With regards to Super Powers prices going up, it’s as Vicki said at the end of Batman:

“I’m not a bit surprised.”

It is the greatest DC toy line of all time, afterall.

seriously hopes Hasbro does a SP reissue of some kind in 2024, given their propensity for rolling out the Kenner branding

7 Likes

Think I’ll go the whole 9 yards, and probably won’t wait to do so. Everything is on ebay and relatively affordable. Yes, that battle suit is totally on my radar.

8 Likes

Yay, I got you hooked on a Kenner line! :hugs:

The KBS is pretty slick. I have one open, but would love to get a duplicate to keep boxed, as the packaging for this line was very cool.

6 Likes

You did :smile:

It’s a dedicated Superman line. Not too many of those I can think of other than this one, the Kenner Superman Animated Series figures (currently checking out some of those on ebay), and the DC Collectibles Superman: The Man of Steel statues. Maybe we can count the various waves of Superman centric DC Direct figures in there as well, but that was part of a broader DC line. As a Superman collector, gotta at least dip my toe in all of ‘em!

@Vroom fixes his glasses and says “Uh… no, there are other dedicated Superman lines. Let me list ‘em for ya…”

moro sobs over his broken wallet.

7 Likes

You know that Mattel 6-inch scale, Four Horsemen-sculpted, Batman line from 2003-'04 that I bring up on occasion (the one with Zipline Batman)?

At the time of that line’s retail debut around August of 2003, word had circulated that Mattel was planning a similar Superman line. Sadly, it ultimately went nowhere.

The good thing is that Four Horsemen-designed Superman figures did make their way into Mattel’s DC Super Heroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Universe Signature Collection, Super Powers and DC Multiverse lines.

Even if we didn’t get Neon Battle Trunks Superman, we did at least get 4H renditions of Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Doomsday and many others through the years.

With My Adventures with Superman debuting next year, I’m sure Spin Master will have an accompanying line, which will once more give us our fix of a Superman-focused addiction line, @moro. :grin:

5 Likes