"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

This is a first edition published by Pantheon Books.

5 Likes

Of course! Thanks @AK_Bandit! :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Plus it reads like a manga, right to left.

6 Likes

Got me a Harley statue. Always wanted her in this outfit.

Also got this McFarlane 2-pack. Total impulse buy, but I’m happy with the figures. The base looks cool, but doesn’t hold the figures very well.

16 Likes

Snazzy! Yay Harls! :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn:

7 Likes

Very nice! :harley_hv_1:

8 Likes

Great book, @AkBandit!

I have it, and have lost count of how many times I’ve read it.

@moro We can be Superman vs. Devastator buddies-in-arms, now! :grin: I love that set.

SN: It looks like the rock formation is rammed up Superman’s “area”, and he ain’t none too happy 'bout it. :grinning:

Also, moro! Which Devastator do you like better, v1 or v2? I kind of like 1 better, especially since he was my #2 fav Multiverse figure last year. However, v2 has slightly better paint apps, so he’s hard to turn down from the crown.

7 Likes

Yeah I know. The pictures showed it that way, and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to make it semi-stable without ramming it between his cape and back, hence the impaling effect. Devastator kept falling anyway, the little peg they provide is not adequate to keep him standing. I ended up doing this:

I don’t have Devastator V1. Video reviews by Brad the DC Universe Geek & others made it out to be the superior version, but I like this one just fine. What a hefty piece of plastic.

SN: The non-Trinity side of the collection is growing.

11 Likes

Right? When I got v1 from Amazon, I had to lift the box with two hands to keep from dropping it, as I was surprised at his chunkiness.

EDIT: I also had to lift the two-pack with him and Superman with two hands when I found it at Target.

I hadn’t forgot how hefty he was, and I’m a strong dude, but you know, hefty figures are hefty, either way.

Just give in and let it grow. You know you will at some point, buddy. :wink:

7 Likes

Alrighty peeps- got some new goodies to share with ya’! :smiley:

DC89 pivots to Starfire channeling mode in 3… 2… 1

Helllooo the wonderful people of the LWIJG thread! I have pruchased the most wonderfulest 8.2 copy of the new Teen Titans #24, the story that is the continued from #23 that I posted here in my last and I do love it so. Hooray!

In the book the not very nice Blackfire continues to do the bad things not just to Star but to the entire TT team. She’s sooo mean!

So, I’ve been catching up on some missed variants and I’m just gonna post them all up here without descriptions 'cuz with them this post would be way too big. :smiley:

(these ^^^ Harls variants are amaze!)

(I really love these ^^^ Kate and Nightwing covers as well:+1:)

Finally picked up this fantastic hardcover that details a number of Two-Face’s best stories over the years:

Harvey is my most fave of the B’Man Villians 'cuz along with his duality thematic (a theme that courses through the entire B’Man mythos), to me he embodies the 1940s B’Man vibe during the Kane/Finger/Robinson days in his Hollywood style gangster premise. Truly a captivating baddie in every way.

Okay then- let’s move on to the figures. :smiley:

I finally got my Alex Ross version of Alan Scott/GL!

Alan was part of the DC Direct Justice Society of America wave 1 line that was released in 2009 and he’s so very awesome! He’s gonna’ look super snazzy on display with my other GL figures. :+1:

Here’s the box he came in-

Next up: Boston Brand/Deadman.

Brand was part of the DC Collectibles’ ICONS line from 2015 and he’s very spiffy. And I really dig the Icons packaging. Really displays the figure well.

Next up- Firestorm :fire:

Quick poll for you here LWIJG peeps-

Should I Take Firestorm Out Of Its Packaging?
  • Yep
  • Nope
  • OMG THAT THING’S RADIOACTIVE!

0 voters

And finally- I was able to snap up the new 8" Mego Robin figure! :smiley: :00_robin:

Robin’s def gonna’ stay in the packaging. Mego did a fantastic job putting it together so I’m just gonna’ leave it as is.

I know- I haven’t forgotten about this:
Tease5
As soon as it gets here I’ll post it. :+1:

Alrighty kids- that’s it for now. More later! :smiley:

16 Likes

Awesome pickups as usual @DC89.

Dig the Icons Firestorm. Never bought anything from that line, but I’ve admired several of their figures over the years. Yank that thing out of the packaging and display it proudly next to the rest of your expanded Justice League!

Do I spy a certain female Bat-family member?

6 Likes

Diggin the Firestorm, and yes you should open him! Put him with your other New 52 heroes (I believe that was the latter look for New 52 Firestorm, at least).

Love this! One of the best DC Megos yet, in terms of sculpt and detail.

Packaging-wise, though? They put the wrong “R” on the card. They used Damian’s “R”, and not Dick’s. :roll_eyes:

Me (to a Mego marketing executive): “Really, Mego? :facepalm_batman: Do you even understand the concept of making sure that your packaging artwork should match the product inside?”

Mego exec: “Oh, sure.”

Me: “Good. Then-”

Me (to the exec): "Great Rao! That’s not only a suit that the Dick Grayson Robin never wore, it’s not even Dick Grayson. That’s Tim Drake in his One Year Later outfit!

looks at the picture of Marty Abrams on the cardback

Marty, you got some splainin’ to do…

Anyway

Very cool haul as usual, @DC89! :metal:t2:

strongly thinks about contacting Mego’s customer service to inform them of what a botched job they do on their DC packaging artwork and how it often doesn’t match the product itself

A Dick Grayson Robin whose packaging features the logo of a different Robin on the front, and an entirely different Robin altogether on the back. My, oh, my, Mego. My, oh, my. :facepalm_catwoman:

9 Likes

:astonished: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

The wonderful of treasures! :+1:t3:

:grimacing: :nerd_face: :open_mouth:

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3: Ooooo, pick me, pick me, I know, I know! :exploding_head:

:white_heart:

8 Likes

I forgot to say this earlier @DC89, but I dig your Two-Face Celebration hardcover (I’m sure you have the Batgirl book from that same line). 'Face is my favorite Batman villain too, and has been since I was around 7 or 8, so I bought that book right away when it hit.

Have you found a favorite story in that book, yet?

7 Likes

Yep. The Two Face story from the Secret Origins Special published back in 1989.

That final image of Harvey. So sad. :cry:

10 Likes

DC89 Fun Fact: The Secret Origins Special published back in 1989 was the second comic that I had ever purchased. This was the first:

Welp, I guess it’s a TPB, but I still count it as my first comics purchase. :wink:

12 Likes

Nice! I’ve always had a soft spot for Two-Face tales from that era. That special as a whole is quite good.

5 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

:smiley:
BG DCSHG

Thank you Sir!

5 Likes

Thank you Sir!

Hmmm. :thinking: Maybe.

e0c5c36a3d54c93ba1a010fa34a6f8ba

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes