"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Thanks DC89
:smile:

5 Likes

A big THANK YOU to @SWhite and @DC89 for posting about these BTAS prints over in the post collectibles news thread. I was able to pick up this little beauty.

Limited to 100.

15 Likes

This new edition came today. It seems up to date through Death Metal. The big characters get several pages each. I haven’t even come close to getting into it but it seems to treat New 52 and Rebirth as the starting point and older histories and stories get side blurbs. For example, the Justice League page describes New 52 through Scott Snyder’s run. Justice League International is only described by the New 52 iteration. I know you could fill one of these books just on Justice League history but it’s disappointing to see so much left out.

20 Likes

Got the same book in the mail today. Looking forward to exploring it.

8 Likes

Ah, another item for my Christmas list! :+1:t2: That Mikel Janin cover art is quite nice, too.

I love DK’s resource books.

6 Likes

20210721_112558

Not my actual copy but who cares. $10 at Walmart! When I last saw them stock this, they had season 1, Titans 1 & 2, and Swamp Thing for $10, so you might find a bargain if you check your Walmart!

11 Likes

I got a new Batmobile for my collection! Hot Wheels apparently came out with the Batmobile from The Batman early.

17 Likes

I had a pretty good mail day, first off the Dark Nights Death Metal soundtrack (which ironically has like no death metal…). They had several vinyl colorways and even some alternate cover art, but I went with this one (purple and blue with smoke). They went crazy and “foiled” almost everything, the gatefold, some trading cards, and some double sided art prints. Also had a fold out poster:

Prizeo was doing a charity raffle for AFSP for Zack Snyder’s Justice League and they had some posters and shirts you could purchase as well. So I got this Wonder Woman themed poster:

20 Likes

all the foil, it’s sending me back to the '90s :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: beautiful pick ups

8 Likes

I love that Wonder Woman poster! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Solid restoration work here @TheTerrificToyman. Thx for the Magic Eraser tip as well. :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

Ooh! Very spiffy set here @LDFM. :+1:

8 Likes

I’m loving these early release Hot Wheels B’Manmobiles @mercurie80. Very cool! :+1:

Also- The Batman doesn’t need a car alarm, 'cuz, well…

Yep, so, the take away from this- don’t touch The B’Man’s car. Mm hmm. :eyes: :0_batman:

13 Likes

Mr. @biff_pow- IKR?

15 Likes

Man, the artwork alone is worth the purchase on this. I don’t collect vinyl, but kinda wish I did. Very nice pick up!

7 Likes

i have 3 of those! i think! i haven’t opened my long boxes in like 20 years :laughing:

4 Likes

Same here. I’ve got two reader only long boxes (and then two slabbed/sealed LB’s). I was hitting the readers probably up until about 2010 or so and then I went full digital for reader issues. So much more convenient, and also- you don’t run into that tricky situation where the piece of tape gets stuck to the cover of your comic when you’re tryin’ to slide it back into the bag. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

oh man i forgot the frustration of that! i have even more trouble with the bags with the built-in adhesive. they’re supposed to be more convenient but NOPE

do they really need to be taped at all, now that i think about it?

6 Likes

Good point. :+1:

6 Likes

Alrighty fellow collectors- I’m here to finally pay off on a past teaser and up some of the other nifty goodies that I got. Let’s get after it!

pivoting to Starfire channeling mode in 3 … 2 … 1

Helllooo the wonderful people of the LWIJG thread! Pleez direct your lines of the sight to this amazing comic book experience:

It is the most wonderful issue #23 of The New Teen Titans that was first published all the way back in the September of 1982! This floppy copy, co-plotted by TT masterminds Marv Wolfman/George Perez, is in the glorious 7.4 condition and features the not very nice Blackfire, who with help from baddies named the Gordanians, kidnaps Starfire and takes her away from the Titans!

This is the first chapter of a four-part story and I am the so very glad it is in my long box now. Yay! :smiley:

Next up: it’s everyone’s fave Gotham City based jewel thief/B’Man’s true love Selina Kyle/Catwoman. :smiley: :0_catwoman: :catwoman_hv_2:

I really, really love this figure 'cuz I really, really love how Selina’s character was depicted in both the comics series and the animated film version of Hush.

Scribe Jeff Loeb along with the dynamic penciling of Jim Lee truly present a compelling version of Selina on the page while actor Jennifer Morrison delivers an incredibly crafted interpretation of Catwoman on the screen. Two amazing depictions of one of DC’s timeless characters that I absolutely adore. Good stuff! :+1:

Next up:

Hey kids, lookit’ this- it’s Snyder Cut Superman!

I was really happy to find this MacF Multiverse figure for the price that I did. Easy on the wallet and a nicely crafted fig indeed. Win win!

M’Kay then- it’s teaser pay off time:
NTease

I bought Revoltech’s version of that meta-enhanced guy who likes to beat up on teenagers! :laughing: :00_deathstroke:

To say that Mr. Wilson came armed to the teeth is, understandably, an understatement. :eyes:

This is my first ever Revoltech figure and I’m finding it to be a unique ownership experience. He’s very lightweight and seems fragile to the touch. His construction is unique as well in that his arms and leg ball joints aren’t permanently attached, which means while you’re handling him they can fall off at any point if you aren’t careful.

I’m gonna’ reserve judgment on this fig until I can get some more time in with it. Perhaps more time spent understanding its design concept will allow me to come up with a better assessment of my purchase. Yep.

And finally:

It’s DC Multiverse first ppearance Kyle R.as Green Lantern! :00_lc_green_lantern:

I am very happy with this super cool Mattel made rendition of Kyle. I’ve always thought that his GL uniform is the coolest look of all the GL’s. :+1:Way, way back in 1996 I bought the Total Justice version but somehow managed to lose it when I was leaving college and heading home a few years later.

But now I’ve got Kyle back and I’m super happy. This figure is truly super spiffy! :smiley: :+1:

Alrighty then fellow collectors- that’s all for now. Here’s some teases for what I’ve got coming next:

Tease1
Tease2
Tease4
Tease3

Stay tuned! :smiley:

21 Likes