"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Thanks appreciate it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The collection is falling into place very nicely @TheTerrificToyman. :+1:

And this Red Lantern Hank-
RL Hank

11 Likes

@TheTerrificToyman
Nice work brother! Looking really great.

9 Likes

So, a week or so ago, I say to myself “Self, I think I’ll scale back my Spin Master collecting, so as to focus more on McFarlane schtuff.” I would keep an eye out for Batgirl and Mr. Freeze, but pass on the figures that were mostly repaints.

Then, I was at Target last night, and I finally found the following:

That whole “scale back on Spin Master” thing? Yeah, that’s out the window. :joy: Those three came home with me. The Joker in particular is quite nice. It probably doesn’t come across in the photo, but he has some metallic paint apps on his kneepad and shirt, which are nicely detailed.

It figures (pun intended) that I would find these on the day I came across news about Spin Master’s Batman vs. Deathstroke and Batman vs. Mr. Freeze box sets, the Bat-Tech Batcave and the Tech Defender Batmobile.

Now to find Batgirl…

12 Likes

14 Likes

@TheTerrificToyman so pretty! and so much more detailed than the majority of DCUC figures.

i finally got my batarang, no thanks to Walmart! it feels a little undersized compared to the one seen in the movie, but Batman probably just has small hands. I won’t know for sure until I throw it at a criminal.

6 Likes

I love the DCUC Imperiex (and the series he’s from). He’s one of my top 3 Collect and Connect figures and not just in DCUC, but out of all of Mattel’s DC lines that featured C&C.

5 Likes

Death Metal Bats

16 Likes

Alrighty super awesome DCUI people- it’s time for me to payoff on a post I upped a little ways back here in the always fun ‘Look What I Just Got’ thread. The items in this haul are all pretty much a ‘get caught up on’ kinda’ thing as all of these items were produced years (and in some cases decades) so lemme’ show y’all the other spiffy stuff I got:

DC89 pivots into Starfire channeling mode

Hello the wonderful people of the LWIJG thread! Pleeze focus your eyebones on this most amazing classic comic-

It is the super fantastic origin story of Koriand’r, which in our language means Starfire! Published back in September 1982 by DC Comics, written by the very wonderful Marv Wolfman, and penciled by the very legendary artist George Perez (along with the Ernie Colon) this wonderful issue may appear to be in a state of somewhat disrepair but I can assure you it is not. The bag and the board have remained sealed since 1989 but the marvelous book inside is in the Very Fine 8.5 condition (it is just the bag and the board that is the old). I am the so very pleased that this most treasured piece is now in my collection! Yay!

#OnWedsIChannelStarfire

M’kay, so next up it’s…

BANE!

Released by DC Direct back in February 2006 unfortunately I had missed out on this very substantial addition to the Knightfall portion of my B’Man display, but now I’ve finally got this Peña Duro escapee and he’s definitely, welp… substantial.

Standing at around eight inches tall with at least 2.5 in worth of chest width alone this figure is really spiffy construction wise in that the material used in his sculpt is much denser than traditional PVC.

He feels more like an ultra-sturdy resin statue but with articulation. And he’s almost as heavy as one as well. These facets of his design are very much in keeping with character-wise when you consider how much stronger Bane is than B’Man. You’d expect a really snazzy Bane figure like this one to be super burly and almost iron like in its finished stage, a factor that was definitely not lost on the keen artists at DC Direct when they put together this one of a kind specter of fear and vengeance.

(sorry about the blurry shot here- my bad)

I had looked over all of the other Bane figs that were available but none of the other designs really did it for me. I wanted something that was more in line with the way he looked when he first appeared during the early 1990s and DC Direct did not disappoint with this faithful build. Very cool!

Y’know, after watching this ^^^ GIF and reflecting on this classic BTAS moment I’m left with the hope that Bane understood the value of Tic Tacs when close talking like that to other peeps, 'cuz if not… welp, poor B’Man. :laughing: :batparrot: :banehappyhqtas:

Rostering in at number three on my inventory of gotten goodies is this super cool DC Collectibles Huntress/Power Girl World’s Finest 2 pack.

Released in 2014 and sporting their New 52 era looks both Earth 2 Helena Wayne and Kara Zor-El are super spiffy and I especially dig this version of Huntress’ costume- it’s like a snappy homage to Huntress’ Justice League Unlimited look crossed with artist Claire Roe’s take on the costume during her run on Batgirl And The Birds Of Prey from 2016-18 (my most fave Huntress look :smiley: :+1:).

Bonus- flowy capes! :purple_heart:

OK then peeps- it’s teaser pay off time and you KNOW I’m super excited about this: I finally found my Birds Of Prey figure set! Woo-Hoo! :confetti_ball: :00_birds_of_prey:

I’ve been in pursuit of this ultimate Birds of Prey collectible for forever. This amaze deluxe figure set featuring BG, Helena, and Dinah in their 2000s era look is THE COOLEST must have item for all BOP fans (like me! :smiley:)

This packaging is over eighteen years old but is in really nice condition with only a bit of visible wear on the box’s corners. The figures inside are in absolutely mint condition and look super awesome posed against that ever recognizable visage of the face of the Gotham’s clock tower. I am so glad that I was fortunate enough to finally find this. :purple_heart:

Welp, that’s it for now. Stay tuned for more cool stuff to come. :smiley:

22 Likes

what a stellar haul! you can open a museum now! i don’t think i’ve ever seen that Bane, and i agree, he looks like the best one. and i’ve shopped for that Huntress/Power Girl set myself, i think that’s the best Power Girl ever!

5 Likes

Congrats- those are AWESOME!!

Especially that Bane. One day, I’ll finish collecting Superman figures and transition into collecting the Legion of Doom- everyone whose ever been a member and ones I think should be members. When I get a Bane, that’s the one I want. The Graham Nolsn original design that looks like he lept straight from the comics and onto your shelf.

6 Likes

Very cool stuff, especially the BOP box set! :metal:t2:

I remember when DCD’s Knightfall line debuted (particularly Catwoman, who, true to Jim Balent’s rendition of her, was rather…buoyant, shall we say? :wink:). They were quite tempting to pick up, but I decided to pass, due to other collecting priorities. I wish someone would do a new Tengu Mask Bruce, as that’s a design worthy of a new figure.

Thanks for the shares. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

Yoinked this from Walmart last night:

She’s pretty spiffy, and inspired by this cover:

Now to find this:

Fingers crossed for an eventual Artemis in WW garb to go with Diana in her bicycle shorts. I :heart: The Contest.

14 Likes

Love the shorts :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Right? I don’t care how many “Worst Costumes of the '90s” lists that look is on, I still like it.

Regarding The Contest, its funny. Mattel released Artemis in her WW uniform in DC Universe Classics wave 4…

…as a variant of sorts to the regular WW that was also from that same series (in which, Ares aside, every figure of the group had a variant), but did they ever make Diana in her jacket and shorts look? Nope.

So, now we have a Pop of Contest Diana, but are still waiting on Artemis from that period. Hopefully she’ll come along soon, so as to complete the wonderful duo.

11 Likes

No you won’t. :laughing: You never finish when it comes to DC’s #1. Over the course of 32 years, I’ve accepted that. :joy:

6 Likes

Collecting Life Forever!!!

6 Likes

Where the poop did you find all of those?!

3 Likes

x812

8 Likes

@DC89 obviously you have been overwhelmed by giddiness! Written by George Perez? Penciled by the very legendary artist Marv Wolfman? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes