"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

This week’s gets:

Gamestop

Entertainment Earth

McFarlane Store

I was eager to build Bane, so I popped his parts out before I fully opened the figures. I usually save the CTB after the figures and their accessories are open, but I like I said, I was eager to get Bane built.

Without further ado, here’s a look at Mr. Bane:

Thoughts on the wave:

:batman_hv_1: Batman is my favorite of the bunch. The detail of his suit is perfect in every way. Definitely the best mass market TDK/R Batman yet.

:scarecrowlaughhqtas: Scarecrow is easily the best mass market Nolanverse Scarecrow yet.

Excellent detail and weathering on the straight jacket, while the sculpt and detail of his mask is quite impressive.

There’s definitely something inside the mask, as it isn’t just eyes painted onto a sculpted head, like the Mattel Movie Masters Scarecrows. I can’t tell if there’s a separate head within the mask (doubt it), or if its just a small piece that slides up to the eyeholes (more likely), but whatever the case, the extra effort taken with his head is very appreciated.

:joker_hv_1: Joker is nearly as good as NECA’s. Love the detail in his suit, along with the piles of cash stand.

Its nice that he came with two stands (the standard Multiverse stand, and the piles of cash, which has a peg on its right side), as I decided to use the black stand for Bane, while Mistah Jay stands in front of his piles o’ scratch.

:two_facehappyhqtas: Two-Face is pretty cool, especially with regards to his burnt side. The unburnt side isn’t spot-on to Aaron Eckhart, but there is just enough of his likeness there to seal the deal on the overall piece and who its representing.

To further McFarlane’s Nolan representation, I’d like to see:

• Alfred.
  • Bruce in his League of Shadows suit.
  • “Ducard”.
  • “Ra’s Al Ghul”.
  • A two-pack of Bruce and “Ducard” from their ice duel.
  • Prototype suit Batman.
  • A League of Shadows army builder two-pack.
  • Batman Begins Batman.
  • Joker’s bank-robbing accomplices.
  • Harvey Dent.
  • SWAT disguise Gordon.
  • GCPD SWAT Officer two-pack.
  • A Batpod with a rotating front end.
  • Batman with sonar eyes (especially since a sonar Joker is coming).
  • Catwoman.
  • Talia.

Edit: Forgot to mention this googah, which was a Walmart pick-up:

Yeah, I already have three of those, from the C case of basic vehicles.

The above however is from the D case, so, you know…definitely worth $1.18 just for the tiny difference on the cardback. :nerd_face:

Speaking of Batman Forever, all are welcome to attend @DC89 and I’s watch-along for it tonight. The more the merrier! :hugs:

10 Likes