"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Hmm. I am confused. :thinking:

6 Likes

Don’t forget this one. :smiley:

I :green_heart: mine. :00_lc_green_lantern1:

8 Likes

I’m confused, too. When was Kyle Parallax?

I know he went up against the Parallax entity, but offhand, I don’t remember when he was Parallax.

Here’s a non-angled look at Parallax’s face.

Unless its been said elsewhere, that’s Hal in my four eyes. :nerd_face:

I didn’t. :wink:

I never bought anything from DCD’s GL line (King Shark was awfully tempting, however), but that is indeed a solid Parallax.

I’d like to snag the Infinite Heroes Parallax at some point…

…but the three-pack he’s in is from the end of the line, and most of the latter releases from Infinite Heroes tend to sell for a lot more than I’m willing to spend on them.

8 Likes

I guess he wasn’t. I had read that this figure was to be Kyle R. as Parallax and I just figured that this must’ve been a storyline that I hadn’t heard of yet. Must’ve misread the info.

6 Likes

No worries. :slight_smile: Kyle is in the Atrocitus wave though, so there is indeed a current Kyle figure available in the Multiverse line.

5 Likes

Came across this at Walmart early this morning:

I didn’t buy it, but like the Flash set at Target, I will eventually. Spin Master box sets are always an easy pick-up.

Also, the set features three Mother Boxes (as seen above Batman). The details likely aren’t visible in the above eBay photo, but they are noticeable in-person. The boxes are reminiscent of the DCEU Mother Box design, which is a nice touch.

Between those, the collapsible column, the barricade and Lex’s breakable rock…thing, this set is worth it alone for the diorama potential those accessories provide (and that’s coming from a guy that doesn’t make dioramas).

10 Likes

Went to 2nd and Charles and got Superman #168, Justice League of America #0, and Batman Inc. #1

13 Likes

Solid pick-ups, especially Superman #168.

7 Likes

They have arrived!

This is way more comics than I know what to do with :sweat_smile:, have to crack them open soon.

14 Likes

Very cool. :+1:

9 Likes

My gosh these pages look brand-new, that was a One in 1 million bid I suppose.

10 Likes

Very cool!

Getting a huge eBay comic lot in the mail is like Christmas coming early.

8 Likes

During Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Pretty sure this figure is Hal: if it’s supposed to be Kyle, they missed the mark.

10 Likes

Thx for the heads up @TheTerrificToyman. :smiley: Def gonna’ have to read this story. Gotta’ say that Kyle R. looks awfully formidable in the Parallax gear. Looks super cool as well. :+1:

8 Likes

Besides ekoJ gnilliK ehT (for other reasons) Emerald Night is one of the very few stories that made me :cry: I know Hal was the baddie in this but writer Ron Marz and artist Mike McKone present such a compelling look at inner Hal as the once shining hero now fallen who grasps at one last chance for redemption that you can’t help but kinda’ really feel for him in this storyline. Could not put this comic down once I started reading it and have reread it several times since then.The panels with Hal and Carol at Ferris Aircraft’s snow-covered remains are an indelible entry in my memories of great moments within the comics storytelling space. Sooo good. :00_lc_green_lantern1:

9 Likes

Arrived today from Bottleneck Gallery. Limited edition (28/150) 3D Lenticular Batman: The Animated Series print.

Batman Lenticular

13 Likes

xbabsleaguex
*a great collection in digest form.
#barbara-gordon #batgirl
(@DC89, there is some new material in here! )

12 Likes

Of course! :facepalm_catwoman:

Its been at least a decade (if not longer) since I last read Green Lantern: Rebirth, so that’s why Kylelax wasn’t fresh in my mental sponge.

Thanks for the refresh!

As for who the McFarlane Parallax is, its definitely Hal, as the bottom of his box reads “Hal Jordan Parallax” above the barcode and UPC number.

However…his hair isn’t brown, so if one was inclined to see the figure as Kylelax, then it wouldn’t be a huge stretch to do so.

Hal’s my number 1 guy when it comes to Parallax though, so his new figure will forever be Hal in my four eyes.

SN: Whenever I hear/read/talk about DC’s Parallax, I’m often reminded of Warren Beatty’s 1974 movie The Parallax View. Anyone else?

9 Likes

Ooo- I need to get this. Thx for the heads up, Excellence. :smiley:

7 Likes

Got these two weeks ago, and finally hung ‘em up now. We went on a spur of the moment overnight trip to Monterey, and our hotel was across the street from a Thomas Kinkade Gallery, where I purchased the Trinity canvas from. The other piece I just stumbled on to when I walked out late in the evening to buy water & snacks for the kids. Found this tin art print with Superman (looks like Jurgens’ work) in the window of the convenience store. Figured it was meant to be :slightly_smiling_face:.

15 Likes