"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

OMG those are adorable. :heart_eyes:

What are they called? I can’t read the name behind the pop-up message. :thinking:

7 Likes

They are Popsies.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I had never heard of them before. They are too cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

They are brand new and only started appearing on shelves since right after Christmas. They are Wal-Mart exclusives as Funko expands into the greeting card market.

8 Likes

Press the button! Press the button! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :smiley:

8 Likes

I got this beauty of a piece from Iron Studios. The detail, paint, and sculpt quality this company is able to accomplish in a 1/10 scale statue never seizes to amaze me.

17 Likes

Finally got my BFG for Bloodsport :slightly_smiling_face:

Also picked up Star Sapphire

Poison Ivy

And kit bashed a Harley Quinn

You can’t have Ivy without Harley :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

Nice pickups @TheTerrificToyman. Which kits did you bash for the Harley?

7 Likes

She came like this- McFarlane on the left, and DC Essentials on the right. Because it was parts, I got her for $10. All I had to do was drill a hole in the feet so the legs would connect.

10 Likes

Groovy pick-ups, @moro and @TheTerrificToyman!

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool looking. I especially love the small detail of his glasses on the ground. I think I would have missed that had you not included a close up of it. Very nice :+1:

9 Likes

Good stuff @TheTerrificToyman and @moro. :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks & I agree. The glasses are a separate little piece that can Clark can “wear”. I just felt like having them tossed on the ground was a better look :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

Ohhhh, cool!

If I remember correctly, they also made a set with the Batfam that you get separately, and they’re all on parts of a rooftop that you can connect together if you get all of them. I only have the Red Hood one, and it’s my pride and joy collectable. He guards my comics for me with his AK-47 :rofl:

8 Likes

Agreed. Nice placement @moro.

6 Likes

I know that one! From DC Collectibles.

There’s an old Super family statue from when they were DC Direct as well. Similar concept, but came in only 1 or 2 pieces, methinks.

Ah… can’t mention those without mentioning this one, also DC Direct…

(Pics from Google)

I wants them all :joy:

12 Likes

Say, if you get a bead on that PG statue, fill a guy in, m’kay? :wink:

is somewhat missing his Adam Hughes-designed PG bust from DCD’s Women of the DC Universe line, released in 2007, ATM

I sold it in 2016, which I don’t regret, but it was the best PG bust DCD ever made.

5 Likes

Will do.

PG came with Superboy and Superman’s upper half (half of the overall piece).

Ebay asking prices for these are currently nuts.

Familiar with the bust. Was never a bust guy. I always think, “gimme the rest of the statue” :joy:.

For PG statues, there’s also the DC Collectibles Cover Girls (Artgerm designed) and the Iron Studios 1/10 scale (Ivan Reis :ok_hand:). Not sure how much they go for now as both are sold out; retail price was $120 or so for either piece if I remember correctly.

11 Likes

These are the larger scale, ~$9 Hot Wheels. The armored batmobile and the duck are both re-releases: this duck is darker than the 1st gen, and the cocoon car is glossy, whereas the first one was flatter and weathered. I just realized the pics on the back are of the 1st gen versions. I think the JLmobile is a re-release, too, but I didn’t look at it!

14 Likes

Alrighty LWIJG peeps- quick update:

Got almost all of my Batgirls issue #1 variants- still waiting on three more.

M’Kay- more later! :smiley:
:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: (we need Steph and Cass emojis)

21 Likes