"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Snazzy gets here @SteveTrevor2.0 and @Angel212! :+1:

8 Likes

i bought the Bloodlines comic when it was new and realized later that it’s probably still in one of my longboxes, so i might be the only person in the world who owns two copies of a Bloodlines comic by choice. Loose Cannon’s first appearance is gonna pay off one day, you watch!

4 Likes

Love both of these! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

just a few Items I manged to get last week,

I am really happy with these I just wish the Showcases weren’t in black & white, but I can’t find any of the Western comics at decent prices for even any random number issue, really hope They put the All star Western comics on here at some point so I can read them in Color.

14 Likes

That is a great haul! Love DC’s old Western comics.

6 Likes

Groovy pick-ups, especially the comics. :metal:t2:

7 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :purple_heart:

I’ve still got my Bloodlines B’Man SOTB annual. I’mma roll that over into a kajillion bitcoins soon. :laughing:

10 Likes

Very snazzy pick ups here @RootBeerMaster. :+1:

7 Likes

Went to Baltimore Comic-Con yesterday and it was so great to be back! This con is always an absolute haven for getting books signed by a bunch of writers and artists, and this year was no exception. I wanted to show off the many signatures I got and some books I picked up:

Brett Breeding

Along w/ previous signatures from José Luis García-López, Mike Zeck, Bob McLeod and Jerry Ordway
IMG_8904

IMG_8925

From Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman along w/ previous signatures from Bob McLeod and Klaus Janson
IMG_8909

Cliff Chiang

IMG_8912

IMG_8932

Becky Cloonan

Along w/ previous signatures from Greg Capullo, Tom King, Ty Templeton, Mitch Gerads, Lee Weeks and José Luis García-López
IMG_8892

Along w/ previous signatures from Tom King and Pete Tomasi
IMG_8905

Along w/ a previous signature from Tom King
IMG_8906

IMG_8896

From Batman: City of Owls along w/ previous signatures from Greg Capullo, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV and Jonathan Glapion
IMG_8935

Michael Golden

From Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman
IMG_8914

Gene Ha

Along w/ previous signatures from Kevins Maguire and Nowlan
IMG_8895

IMG_8929

Dave Johnson

From Batman: Cover to Cover
IMG_8891

IMG_8913

IMG_8930

IMG_8931

From Batman: Endgame
IMG_8934

Jerry Ordway

From Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman along w/ previous signatures from Bob McLeod and Klaus Janson
IMG_8909

From Crisis on Infinite Earths: Paragons Rising
IMG_8933

Steve Orlando

IMG_8880

IMG_8901

IMG_8900

Christopher Priest

From the collected edition of his Justice League run. He actually told me that Dan DiDio hated this run, which is a shame. He also asked me what was going on in JL currently, and when I told him about what Bendis was doing, he…wasn’t happy :grimacing:
IMG_8908

Interior of Detective Comics #1000
IMG_8919

Doc Shaner

IMG_8898

IMG_8899

Joe Staton

Pinup from Green Lantern 80th Anniversary
IMG_8918

Brian Stelfreeze

From Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman. He used what looked like an actual paintbrush to sign this, which was pretty awesome
IMG_8915

Peter Tomasi

Along w/ a previous signature from Tom King, who included “#1” because he thought that was the 1st Robin 80th Anniversary book he had signed
IMG_8893

IMG_8903

Picked this up at the con!
IMG_8894

Along w/ a previous signature from Tom King
IMG_8906

IMG_8907

From Detective Comics: Arkham Knight. Interesting story: So I was telling him how much I loved Astrid’s character and that it was a shame she had been killed off only to be resurrected as a zombie for Task Force Z. I assumed he already knew this, but it turns out I was the 1st to tell him! He was understandably upset, which made me feel bad, but it was also kinda oddly cool to be this random person and be able to tell him about this significant development w/ 1 of his characters. I guess when writers/artists are busy enough, they just don’t have time to keep up w/ everything going on in the comics
IMG_8923

Robert Venditti

IMG_8907

IMG_8902

IMG_8926

IMG_8928

New books

Actually already had these, but they were 2nd/3rd printings, so I was glad I could grab a couple of 1st printings of them
IMG_8887

This was also a book I already had, but through some minor miracle, I came across a copy already signed by Andy Kubert for just $1! The guy running the booth admitted he would’ve sold it for more if he caught that, and I couldn’t really have argued if he told me he couldn’t sell it for that low, but I got lucky and got to grab it for almost nothing
IMG_8881

IMG_8888

Had to grab a few since I don’t think these one-shots ever got collected
IMG_8889

Gotta love $5 trades :grin:
IMG_8890

13 Likes

wow! that was some gathering! and Jerry Ordway’s signature is so familiar from comic covers, it’s kind of strange and exciting seeing it as something a hand actually wrote :laughing:

6 Likes

He definitely keeps things consistent :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I did something very illegal

10 Likes

Awesome stuff, especially the Ordway signatures and getting a Kubert-signed New Challengers #1 for just a buck! :+1:t2:

For sure, as cheap trades are always schway, especially when they’re Infinite Crisis lead-ins.

“Moving on.”

I didn’t buy this, but it’s now on my Christmas list:

Its a set of the Hot Wheels action feature Character Cars, some of which were recently reissued (Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley) while others are still OOP (Batman and Joker).

I wish they had a better picture of how the cars look in-box (or if they vary from their single-carded releases, packaging-wise), because this image…

…doesn’t help sell this nifty, $20 Amazon exclusive very well.

9 Likes

Wait, are we allowed to use this? I thought @NYJt3 had it trademarked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I didn’t use “awesome” on its own, as @NYJt3 is wont to do, so I’m free of trademark violations. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

9 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

:clark_hv_4: :ok_hand:t2:

You gots to be smrt.

:notes: “S-m-r-t! I mean, s-m-a-r-t!” :notes:

8 Likes

Couple of smaller, and older acquisitions:

Mattel 75 Years of Super Powers Superman

Out of the package, next to DC Direct’s old Superman figure

Eradicator from the Kenner Man of Steel line