"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

:heart_eyes: omg Robin is everything!

7 Likes

FanDome inspired me to pick up a couple goodies yesterday:

I miss the DC Minimates line. It was so good.

16 Likes

Not this year, because our costumes are already picked, but I bought this today and at some point- I’m using this for a Professor Pyg costume. :pig::skull_and_crossbones:

12 Likes

Just got a new cabinet. Reorganized my stuff. It’s the one on the left in this picture:

Here’s shots of each shelf in the new display.

Middle

Bottom
This is mostly newly acquired. Just went on an ebay binge with the Kenner Man of Steel line from the 90s. Felt like the two armored Injustice 2 figures from Mattel fit right in.

Some closeups of the new acquisitions:

22 Likes

The collection looks super spiffy @moro. :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks @DC89

Always a work in progress :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

sees new acquisitions, then gasps in delight

You got more Kenner Man of Steel schtuff @moro! I’m so proud. :nerd_face:

Maybe its there, and I didn’t see it, but are you going to get this version of the Superman and Batman two-pack?

Here’s a couple other items you might be interested in:

They feature figures that were going to be in the SMOS line (everyone but the Superman in the Metallo set, who was a mostly a re-use of the Superman from the Massacre two-pack), but were cancelled when the line ended in 1996.

After Hasbro opened the Hasbro Collectors site in…2000, if memory serves, they produced the above two-packs, along with two sets that featured previously cancelled Total Justice figures (Blue Beetle, The Atom and The Flash, and the Kyle Rayner GL vs. Dr. Polaris).

8 Likes

Thanks. I knew these would please your Kenner loving eyes :slightly_smiling_face:.

I got the Walmart exclusive variant two pack, which featured silver accents. I’ll crop an image for ya.

Aware of the Hasbro two packs you mentioned. May hunt them down, especially the pack featuring Metallo. Mail order Eradicator should arrive today, as well :slightly_smiling_face:.

Few items from the line I don’t have (excuse the ebay images):

Large figures

Ultimate Superman

12” Superman (cloth goods)

Vehicles

Superboy with VTOL Cycle

Clark Kent with Conversion Coupe

These are big items that require significant display space. May go for the figures and ignore vehicles, but still not sure.

10 Likes

You know me well, friend. For me, Kenner is the toy equivalent of a beautiful redhead: I love 'em. :slight_smile:

And you knew it was a Walmart exclusive! You’ve done your research, friend (or bought it from a seller that happened to mention that fact). I am proud of you. :slight_smile:

As for the stuff you don’t have, I’ll paraphrase Darth Sidious, from The Phantom Menace: “Buy them. ALL of them.” :grin: The vehicles don’t take up too much room, in all honesty. The Conversion Coupe (a reworking of the Custom Coupe from the Batman Returns and BTAS lines) is a bit big, but it’s no shelf hog.

The 12-inch Superman in the cloth outfit (a K-Mart exclusive) is one of the few good 12-inch figures of the Kenner/Hasbro era. Most were really shabby-looking (baggy outfits, bad sculpts, etc.), but the K-Mart Superman was pretty slick.

Also, there are some Canadian two-packs that feature MOS and Legends of Batman figures, but unless you want the whole line, I’d say they’re easy passes. They’re the only part of the line that is somewhat pricey, but that’s strictly due to them being Canadian exclusives. The figures in the sets (of which there are 3) are all very, very easy to find, and also dirt cheap, via their respective individual releases.

4 Likes

I learned from the best :wink:

There’s some helpful websites out there. One in particular had everything from this line, and the subsequent animated series line.

http://figurecollections.com/line.php?id=1128

I learned that the cloth goods Supes is based on the figures in the FAO Schwarz Superman History of Superman pack.

Except those have embroidered El shields.

Aware of the Canadian Batman/Superman packs. Searches on ebay not yielding anything at the moment, but you’re right; individual figures are easy enough to find.

8 Likes

To quote a wise man, “No sir, don’t thank me. We’re all part of the same team!” :superman:

Which came out after his initial K-Mart release. :wink:

You know, I vividly remember holding that and the History of Batman set in my hands at FAO Schwarz when they came out, and while they were tempting, I decided to pass on them.

Those sets remind me of the 12-inch Star Wars FAO Schwarz exclusives from the late '90s. I wasn’t interested in those either, but man alive, did scalpers eat 'em up. Whew!

4 Likes

Ah… I had it backwards. Told ya; learned from the best!

In any case, I kinda like the Kenner version better. S looks cleaner.

Will keep you posted if/when I add more. Want to make a new video for the room. Just can’t decide whether I should wait on a couple statues to arrive. Judging by the covid related shipping delays, that may be a long while though.

4 Likes

No, no. I’m just knowledgeable (but, I do thank you :slightly_smiling_face:). Having a minimal social life as the Kenner/Hasbro era unfolded allowed my mental sponge to just soak up The Schtuff. :grin:

I may have failed math classes left and right, but boy howdy, I knew where the latest Total Justice figures were hitting and their case packouts, to boot! To be 13/14 again. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Outstanding! :eyes: :nerd_face:

Start a zine called, “Krypton Confidential”, and feature your collection. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you :pray:

I feel like featuring here with like minded folks is enough :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Oh, the joy of getting a new case and finding things to fill it up with!

Like how you have your Grail toy at the top in its own case crowning the collection.

6 Likes

Most (but not all) of the things were already displayed on other shelves, which are now free for future acquisitions. You’re right though, it’s fun putting it all together.

Thanks :pray: . It’s definitely one of my grails. Another being the 1/3 scale Ivan Reis designed statue on my desk. Quite amazing to compare how far things have come on the past 80 years, just looking at the 2 pieces.

6 Likes

slides Cool Points over for the use of “'zine”

Anyhooze, my Tuesday Target finds:

Target #1:

The Hot Wheels Character Cars are all reissues, but I’ve never had that Robin at all, so he was new to me. The Harley and Superman cars were from the wave that had action feature-based cars (which also featured Batman, Joker and Wonder Woman, with Diana also being reissued in this assortment), and while I have the original releases of Harls and My Dude open, I bought these reissues to have them carded.

Seen at this Target, but not bought:

It’s officially on my 2021 Christmas list, so I can’t buy it now. I hope one of my “Santas” will be nice enough to pick it up for me, though. :santa:

Target #2

This Batman is part of the wave that features Harley Quinn, black and green suit Robin, Batwing and Deathstroke. I almost missed him, as it wasn’t until I saw the Bat-Tech ad on the bottom left on his package that clued me to him being new. The standard Rebirth Batman reissue for this wave was also alongside him on the pegs (as evidenced because of said Bat-Tech game ad on his package as well).

Elvira was of interest, due to her DC book from the 80s, but I decided to hold off on her for now and spend the $15 on something else.

I’m glad I saved my 15 bones from buying Elvira, because afterward I found the lovely ladies below at…

Gamestop

Yeah, yeah. They’re promo shots, but BFD. Point is, I did find them, absolutely have them and they’re out. :partying_face: :fireworks: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

A local guy on YouTube was at a Gamestop in a toy hunt video and I saw the Odyssey Diana as he was looking at Pops. So, I checked out the Gamestop adjacent to Target #2 and they had Odyssey Di, plus the unexpected bonus of her in her DC You duds! :hugs: I was quite happy to snag both. :grin:

Now, we just need the Yara Flor Pop to hit. It’s strange that the above Dianas came out before Yara did, as they were revealed after she was. Nevertheless, Gamestop has 'em!

@DC89 If you’re still planning on buying the 4-inch Harley and Deathstroke from Spin Master, check your Targets. I saw Deathstroke at both of my stops yesterday, while Harley was at the second store.

13 Likes

Just got 2 of the 3 Shirts I got from dc shop

14 Likes

While we’re talking about shirts you guys get a confirmation email for your limited edition the Batman shirt it’s been 5 days since I ordered mine and it still has not shipped

9 Likes