"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

That is a cool John Stewart figure!

7 Likes

To quote John himself from Green Lantern (2005-2011) #24, “Damn cool!”

:00_lc_green_lantern:

6 Likes

Here’s another solution for your storage needs.

Comic Book Stor-Folio | Shop Comic Book Portfolios - BCW Supplies

11 Likes

15 Likes

Just picked up at GameStop (Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold, NJ)
McFarlane Multiverse
Injustice 2 Flash
Hot Pursuit mode

Whew!

15 Likes

Def gonna’ buy my top loaders from these peeps. Thx so much for posting the link @AK_Bandit.
:smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Snazzy! :smiley:

6 Likes

Very cool Red Son figure here @TheTerrificToyman. :+1:

6 Likes

Having him on your dashboard reminds me of this-

8 Likes

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Would probably need two of ‘em, given the thickness of Superman Red & Blue comics.

6 Likes

Woo, another fan with Hot Pursuit Flash! :flash_hv_1: :+1:t2:

You’re pretty brave (and bold) to open him in your car. Is he staying a dashboard accessory?

Unlike the original, I’ve got my HP Flash loaded with his Speed Force effects. Maybe it’s the white suit, but they pop much more on this version than the original.

@TheTerrificToyman Nice! What do you think of him?

7 Likes

I like him- great sculpt, comic accurate, very poseable, super affordable ($15). Can’t ask for more than that.

5 Likes

No He came into the house with me and has taken his place alongside his Crimson Counterpart.

14 Likes

Grodd. :heart_eyes:

He was on my Top 5 Multiverse of 2021 list, but he recently got bumped off. Still a great figure, though.

I think I’ve said this before, but if not, I dig your inclusion of trades from the original trade run of Johns’ Flash. I had the whole run (including the second edition of Blood Will Run), but sold them when I went digital.

6 Likes

Better late than never:

Goes with the set:

19 Likes

Ooh- snazzy JL steelbook there @Angel212. :+1: :00_justice_league3: :00_justice_league3_film_canister:

7 Likes

Cool pick-up @Angel212! :+1:t3: :grinning:

6 Likes

As a former SteelBook™ junkie, those are most rad, especially WW84.

6 Likes

Arrived today.

Bat-Manga!: The Secret History of Batman in Japan

In 1966, during the height of the first Batman craze, a weekly Japanese manga anthology for boys, Shonen King , licensed the rights to commission its own Batman and Robin stories. A year later, the stories stopped. They were never collected in Japan, and never translated into English. Now, in this gorgeously produced book, hundreds of pages of Batman-manga comics more than four decades old are translated for the first time, appearing alongside stunning photographs of the world’s most comprehensive collection of vintage Japanese Batman toys.

This is The Dynamic Duo as you’ve never seen them: with a distinctly Japanese, atomic-age twist as they battle aliens, mutated dinosaurs, and villains who won’t stay dead. And as a bonus: Jiro Kuwata, the manga master who originally wrote and drew this material, has given an exclusive interview for our book.

More than just a dazzling novelty, Bat-Manga! is an invaluable, long-lost chapter in the history of one of the most beloved and timeless figures in comics.

From 2008, 352 pages.

Throughout the book it shows all the cool toys produced in Japan at the time (1966-67).

16 Likes

:eyes:
An absolutely gorgeous book @AK_Bandit! :white_heart:

Chip Kidd design . . . is the publisher Chronicle or First Second by chance?

6 Likes