"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Nice!

4 Likes

Picked this up at an FYE closing sale. Currently resides in a corner of my office.

26 Likes

Where did ya get dat Constantine pop? Are they exclusive somehow?

6 Likes

@RubyL They were supposed to be a PX exclusive, bu another run was done for comic book stores running Free Comic Book Day.

5 Likes

That Batman Who Laughs statch with the chains makes me hope that McFarlane Toys lays into Dark Nights: Metal product next year.

Todd loves to put chains in with his toys.

8 Likes

Arkham Knight with some Mafex and Medicom figures.

16 Likes

Nice! What’s the red lense Batman on the right from? I know it’s the Affleck Bats, but which movie? I don’t remember him using red lenses.

5 Likes

I was lucky enough to score just the head from a Mezco Batman Beyond for a good price!

11 Likes

…and a Batmobile license like I had as a kid (there’s a seller on eBay selling these for cheap if anyone wants one).

14 Likes

Some nice pickups! I haven’t bought any new action figures cause I want to wait to see if Mcfarlane will have a nice scale and how sidekicks will look next to their mentors.

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t wait to see what McFarlane has planned! I’m still looking forward to Mattel’s Beast Boy and Toy Biz-style Batman, though.

5 Likes

Look what I just got.

515fuet8JtL.SX327_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

12 Likes

I got the Pop vinyl Mary Marvel figure yesterday. She’s hanging with Darla now.

Not much going on on the action figure front ATM. I’m waiting on BBTS to get the BTAS Gray Ghost and Two-Face figures in as well as the Batman Ninja wave from the Multiverse line. I’m also waiting for Target to clearance a few things I’ve had my eye on.

I really hope McFarlane shows some DC product at SDCC. He said he wants his product on shelf January 1st, 2020 and given the turnaround time involved from concept to retail, something has to be in the works by now.

7 Likes

I had most of the DC classics but once they stopped I sold most of mine. I wanted them to keep a nice scale. I didn’t like that Red Robin was bigger than Superman.

4 Likes

@Vroom, thank you! Nice catch, the red-eyed Batman is a Collective 1:12 BVS Batman (Mafex). It came with several extra heads and I simply painted one of their eyes a reflective red. I’ve always liked the red eyes ala Thomas Wayne’s Batman. Usually, it’s not the head I display on him but just so happened to be the case when the picture was taken.

4 Likes

Most recent was the BTAS Two-Face about a week ago.

5 Likes

@Vroom I too have high expectations for what McFarlane will right be able to produce. However, Spinmaster has the DC License for 6-inch actions figures for mass retail (i.e. they will produce the equivalent of Mattel’s Multiverse line, which Mattel continues to prove its horrible distribution problem) whereas McFarlane products will be higher-end goods and probably well worth it. While I have every Multiverse wave, it has been a nightmare to acquire usually having to spend 2-3 times the retail value of the figure. I have yet to see a single Multiverse figure in my area (at least 10 Walmarts and 2 Targets) from the CLAYFACE or LOBO wave. Something is very wrong at Mattel, and frankly, they deserved losing the license. Having said that, I am a huge fan and collector of their DC Universe Classics line and continue to collect these as they created a remarkable, well-sculpted and even obscure figures which are among the best (for that type of market) ever produced. Also, since Mattel’s licensing does not expire until Spring of 2020, I’m not sure how McFarlane will be able to retail for January 2020, UNLESS the figures they will be producing are going to be classified as adult collector items. I know that Spinmaster will not be able allowed to produce anything for retail before Mattel’s license is expired. Like you, I’m hoping for great things. God knows we need it since the DCUC Classics line ended.

4 Likes

@hotstufflouieb, Which Red Robin and which Superman? The DCUC line produced multiple Superman figures and two Red Robin figures. The Kingdom Come Red Robin was about the size of Superman (though the Kingdom Come Superman is DEFINITELY a larger and taller figure) since he was a full grown, middle-aged Dick Grayson. However, the Tim Drake version of Red Robin produced by Mattel was nowhere near the size of any Superman from the series. Not sure what you’re referring to.

3 Likes

@jvfann that is a great figure.

3 Likes

Just arrived last night, one of the Holy Grails of figure collecting. Have been looking for this for a very long time - and got it for a steal!

18 Likes