Long Halloween Pumpkin Drawn Using Only Pumpkins

Happy Halloween everyone!
Inspired by @NYJt3‘s pumpkins and drawing in my own “IMM” method per @RobArt471, I drew the Long Halloween pumpkin complete with cat using tiny pumpkins. @_UnderScore and @RobArt471 I hope it was worth the wait.
@CynicalPink I will rest up my hand until inspiration strikes again.
And no, @_UnderScore, I will not do Aquaman out of filet o fish sandwiches. Too far.

17 Likes

By the way here is what my tiny pumpkins look like

7 Likes

This is so cool! I’m a huge fan of this image. Seeing it recreated with a field’s worth of mini pumpkins is such a fun twist! I feel like we should try to guess how many there are in the entire piece :sweat_smile: Like the way kids guess how many jelly beans are in a jar.

7 Likes

I’d like to have that contest but I’ll be honest, I lost count of how many especially in drawing in the black of the cat. Maybe next time (oh god I said next time, what is wrong with me?!?) I’ll keep track.

7 Likes

Wow that’s amazing and so many pumpkins :halloween_batman: :halloween_superman: :halloween_wonderwoman:
Very Very Awesome™:+1:
Imagine if this was made with real pumpkins​:sweat_smile:. That be a very big field.

6 Likes

Like a corn maze but with pumpkins.

5 Likes

Glutton first punishment! :grin: but we love it

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Exactly. A Mazekin or Pumpmaze​:thinking:

6 Likes

How about a jack o’labyrinth?

6 Likes

Ooo. I like that one. :+1::jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

Thanks! I started with @NYJt3‘s pumpkins and this image always comes to mind with pumpkins and is so recognizable. I really like how it turned out especially with the scratches across the pumpkin. Tim Sale’s artwork lent itself rather well to using negative space. The only pain I had was in the black cat

6 Likes

Thanks! It was a lot of pumpkins…a lot of pumpkins. I did like how it turned out. This image came immediately to mind when I thought pumpkins and I’m just glad I was able to finish it in time for the holiday

6 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury This is beyond fantastic!! You captured the image perfectly with all those tiny pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:!! You have successfully solidified your style. You are a truly patient and methodical artist and rank very high on my scale of imaginative and creative artists!! Any of your works could be a cover work for any A-list comic out there! So unique and captivating, I would be drawn to it and buy it without a second thought! Thank you for the hard work you put into this and all your stuff so I can enjoy it! Sincerely.

7 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! I am not sure what to say. I’m flattered that you would think my art could be on covers that draw you in. I kinda just stumbled into this style and now it seems to be what I am known for. It does take a lot of patience and time to create it. It would be do much easier just to create stamps and stamp out the little icons but I stick yo what I know which is pencil.
It does mean a lot coming from you that I rank highly on your list of artists as I say the same if you, each time impressed by your work. Thanks again friend

7 Likes

:astonished:
Rad!!! Rad to the max!!! Another impressive piece, @ImpulseMaxMercury, and that’s not a lie! This is outstanding work!

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it! It makes me feel so good that others like my drawings. It seems to validate that I should continue drawing and I enjoy reading the comments.

6 Likes

tim-and-eric-mind-blown
Tis Magnificent!

6 Likes

It makes for the perfect halloween icon, too!

5 Likes

It fits perfectly in the icon circle and it looks just like the original.

4 Likes