Lois Lane (2019-) #1

On the road and out of Metropolis—and carrying a secret that could disrupt Superman’s life—Lois Lane embarks on a harrowing journey to uncover a threat to her husband and a plot that reaches the highest levels of international power brokers and world leaders.

What are your thoughts about Lois Lane (2019) Issue #1? Let us know in the comments below!

2 Likes

Issue 1 is a good first issue…It has me intrigued to continue with the Series…

2 Likes

This is the first time I’m commenting about a comic here. I thought the Lois Lane 1 was too political.
It wasn’t enjoyable.

2 Likes

I am a new comic writer and I am wondering how the paneling came about. What part was Greg Rucka and what parts were Mike Perkins. I am just lookng at the paneling in awe…how was that spread with her and Perry talking decided between the two. The way they just go through different sizes and perspectives…starting big, going small and closer, then back out, and the whole spread has a kind of logical symmetry that conveys the flow of an electronic conversation. The way Perry holds a 1970s phone and complains that Lois bypassed spell check…it’s a great CULLUSION !

So excited to see this series on the service! I’m a big fan of Greg Rucka’s writing and his treatment of Lois is fantastic. Someone mentioned in the thread, it felt too political. I can understand that. However, as Lois is a journalist, it would be weird if it wasn’t political. At least that’s how I see things.

Read the first issue, thought it was great. That ending had me wanting to jump up and cheer! Epic start to a series!

1 Like

Just finished issue five on here - I love it - when will we get the next 7 issues?

Hey @jamesbirmingham, thank you for your question! Comics are usually added to the service 12 months after release, so the next issue will be added sometime in December. Once we transition into DC Universe Infinite next year, that time will be reduced to 6 months after physical release.

For more information on such, please check out our monthly “Last Chance & Coming Soon” threads in the Watchtower section. You can find the latest for November by going here. :slight_smile:

1 Like