Lois and Clark: The New Superman Adventures

Thinking about watching it. Is it any good? Is it a good Superman show, or a schmaltzy rom-com with Superman and Lois Lane?

3 Likes

It’s all of the above. I really love the show though. It shows Superman casually doing super-stuff. It’s endearing. And I love Terri Hatcher’s Lois Lane.

2 Likes

It’s very cheesy and 90’s with more comedy, drama and romance than action focused but yet it still has a special charm to it. It’s probably a nostalgic thing as I grew up with it as it aired and have great memories as a fan but I still enjoy it.

When I used to have dvds, I proudly owned the series and now finding it on here, one of the first things I did after signing up was have a marathon of the show

1 Like

Had not seen since I was a kid. Started rewatching it and I’m surprised of how good the writing is. The effects are chessy and don’t hold up but if you can get past that I think its the best live action Superman we have ever gotten.

4 Likes

That show is mad old

Yeah but timeless…Kinda

1 Like

It’s pretty good show. Didn’t catch it in the 90’s, because I was born in 89, but I have already watch over 20 episodes and I’m enjoying it so far.

1 Like

I watched every episode when it aired on ABC back in the 1990’s. The part of the charm of it, at least for the first 2 seasons, was it being the Moonlighting version of the Superman story. Basically it’s the Superman story from the perspective of Lois. The last 2 seasons segued more into comic book and action stories. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher had really amazing charm and chemistry as Clark and Lois.

3 Likes

One of my favorite shows ever. It’s supremely charming from the first moments of the pilot. The tone changed as Deborah Levine started getting pushed out but it held up fairly well going into season four. Dean and Teri had serious chemistry and just the two of them alone make the show worth watching.

3 Likes