Local Heroes (Guys, I Have a Story...)

I wanted to share this story with our amazing Community. Because when someone does something heroic, it should be shouted from the rooftops. And this gesture meant the world to me.

I ordered a vintage blazer to wear on the first day at my new job. This role is a very big deal for me and I was so excited to treat myself and celebrate with some fresh new duds. As FedEx delivered the package, a teenage boy came out of nowhere, slipped it under his arm, and took off running into the neighborhood. Apparently he had just stolen from 4 other homes so there were 2 other teenage boys out looking to recover their stolen items. My husband, the boys, our maintenance team, and other community members were all on the same mission. After over an hour of searching, we turned back in - empty handed. It had been reported to the police and there was nothing really that could be done. 2 hours later, we get a knock on the door. It was the 2 boys who were aiding my husband in the search earlier. They had chased the other boy down, recovered my jacket, and brought it to our door! They smiled and nodded as I told them how much it meant to me because, as they already knew from my husband’s story earlier, “the blazer was to be for my first day at my new job”. :smile: Practically in tears, I took their photo (with their permission) to share their story. I hope that you find this to be an incredible act like I did and that there are so many more like them out there. I know that if we put as much goodness out into the real world as we do the DCUI, it will be a truly wonderful place.

Additionally, they were rewarded with a fresh box of Esther Price Chocolates and $26 in cash so… not a bad night of crime fighting for these local heroes! :0_batman_tas:

10 Likes

We need more good people like this in the world.

4 Likes

This is very awesome™:+1:. Great gestures even small can go a long way.

4 Likes

Awesome story and those boys rock. It does me good to know there is still decency in the world. We certainly don’t hear enough stories like this.

4 Likes

That is wonderful. With so much bad news, it is always to know there are good people out there.

4 Likes

Good kids, deserving of your praise! Glad you got your jacket back; hope you look great in it on your first day of the new job, which of course, congratulations :slightly_smiling_face:.

Now about that extra chocolate you have lying around… I can think of a few good deeds I’ve done lately… :thinking:

4 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd, I couldn’t agree more!

Definitely deserving of the Very Awesome™️ stamp, @NYJt3! :grin:

All the more reason for me to share it @JasonTodd428! These boys came back to our door and it was dark and cold. They didn’t even care because they were so excited to bring me back my package. I was so stunned. I’m working with the local paper to see if they could write up a bit about them too. :relaxed:

@mercurie80, I try to bring all the goodness here and it sounds like this awesome story delivered. I’m so glad to hear it touched you too!

Thank you so much @moro! The blazer is amazing! Nicest one I own and I’ll treasure it forever with this little badge of honor. :smile: About those chocolates… I wish I could gift Esther Price Candies to everyone! I’m lucky I had that sealed box ready to rock!

5 Likes

Aww! while I don’t love that your item was stolen, I love those 2 boys that deserve capes for their heroic deed. Thanks for sharing. :orange_heart:

4 Likes

That is fantastic, fuels my hope for common good and a great future even more.

3 Likes

well I write stories

3 Likes

Those boys deserve to be recognized for their good deed. I hope you are able to get that write up.

3 Likes

when I was little I have always fallen in love with dc comics like superman, teen titans, and supergirl and I always loved young justice as well and I always wanted to write for dc comics

1 Like

Thank you @Barrys.Better.Half - I agree!

Same here @TheSandmanofGotham!

1 Like

What a wonderful story @KeyFamily! Glad you got your blazer back and that you rewarded the boys. Good job all around.

1 Like

Aww, thank you @TravisMorgan! It’s an awesome story and one heck of an icebreaker for my new job. Lol. :grin:

1 Like