Live Q&A with Neil Jackson, Icicle of STARGIRL! Wed, 6/17 @10am PT/1pm ET

Hello Mr Jackson, it’s a pleasure to have you here on DC Universe. I’m wondering if you read or watched anything in particular that influenced your portrayal of Jordan Mahkent and Icicle?

1 Like

Good day to you Mr. Neil Jackson! Thank you for your time in joining us! Wishing you and your family well during this time and say that your performance in combination with all the makeup and special effects is phenomenal! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Neil,
Icicle has appeared on the Flash as a villian in a previous season so it’s not the first time we have seen the villian on our screen. What did you do special to make Your Icicle stand out and feel like the ultimate bad guy and leader of the Injustice Society

1 Like

Hi Neil,

Great job with your interpretation of Icicle. Was there something you found in the character that you felt made him different from other cold-powered based super-villains that you thought you could bring to the role and when you got offered the role we’re you concerned at all about social media fan backlash if they didn’t like it?

Personally I find “fan outrage” online too much and contrary to the message that super heroes represent.

I hope it was a fun and creative experience for you!

Glen

Hello Mr. Jackson!
Thank you for doing this Q&A! Your version of Icicle is truly fantastic. Were you familiar with the character and the Injustice Society prior to being cast? Also, if your Icicle could team up with an Arrowverse villain in a crossover, who would it be?
Thank you once again!
-Justin Gilmore
Transmissions From The Multiverse Blog

would like to crossover to the flash or other arrowverse. shows

1 Like

Hi Mr. Jackson, thank you for taking the time to answer questions from the fans it is greatly appreciated. My question for you is when you were preparing for the role of Icicle did you bring any inspirations from any other characters you have portrayed? Also I loved the series Sleepy Hollow and enjoyed your portrayal of the headless horseman.
Thanks again for answering our questions.

1 Like

Hi Mr. Jackson, I just want to say you did a wonderful job at portraying Icicle. I absolutely love it!
My question is simple: In comics Icicle’s true name is actually Joar Mahkent. But the Icicle appeared as Jordan Mahkent in the show. Is there any specific reasons for changing his name?

1 Like

What do you think are the biggest advantages and disadvantages to working with such a cg reliant character?

Can you tell us about one of your favorite moments on set?

Hello Neil! Huge fan of yours.
My question for you is how does the environment on the set compare to the environment of the set back on the Blade Series you worked on back in 2006? Any lessons you keep with you from that time that have helped you on the set of Stargirl?

1 Like

Hello Mr. Jackson,
I just looked at your IMDB page and realized yours is a face I have seen many times before. It’s an impressive resume with many features and big shows. You definitely bring a lot of weight and tension to the Stargirl show as the main antagonist.
Did you see, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?” If so what did you think of the relationship between the actor and stuntman portrayed in that movie, since you have been both?
Thanks, Mr. Jackson

1 Like

Who’s your favorite character of the show? Other than Icicle of course.

2 Likes

Hi guys, Neil Here. I’m excited to get into this and answer your questions…

12 Likes

okay, so let’s get into it.
Thank you to everyone who sent in a question :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi, great question… ands thank you for the compliment :slight_smile:
Icicle’s look is completely CG. They put dots on my face that are tracking marks for the digital effects team to used so they can overlay the computer generated design onto my face. This meant that we would be shooting these scenes with Icicle being really menacing and in reality it just looked like I had a bad case of the measles :joy:

11 Likes

I loved it. Honestly it was one of my favorite sets to ever work on. That was for so many reasons - I was working again with my two long time friends, Geoff Johns (who created the show) and Nelson Lee (Dragon King). But it was also just the energy of that set and crew in Atlanta. Every single person without exception was passionate about crafting the best story possible. That’s a rare thing to experience in filmmaking, that everyone from catering to carpentry, set design to accountancy was passionate about this project. And I think all that passion translates onto the screen.

10 Likes

HI Neil,
I really liked the series Flashforward and Sleepy Hollow. Any memories of filming those two shows that you could share. Thanks.

4 Likes

I can answer both questions by simply stating that it was Jordan’s background, the death of his wife, that caused him to form the ISA in the first place. So this was his plan from the start - to make sure no one ever has to suffer the same injustice that he and his family experienced. To that end, Jordan/Icicle will do whatever is necessary to make sure that his plan comes to fruition. He is the most invested.

8 Likes

Hi Mr. Jackson!
I don’t have a question, I just want to say thanks for playing a character in a favorite show of mine so wonderfully!
And thanks for taking the time to chat with the fans.
My brother I enjoy watching Stargirl.
Thanks Mr. Jackson!

1:13pm

4 Likes