Live Q&A with Kevin Smith & Harley Quinn Smith! Tuesday, 5/19 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Hey Kevin!
First off let me say I’m a huge fan! You are legit a hero to the comic community! And don’t even get me started on the legendary Jay and Silent Bob! I could go on nerding out for days but I’ll get to it… My question is how did you get started with DC and how has it changed your life for the better? Also Batman or Superman who you got?!

1 Like

Hi Kevin & Harley, big fan was lucky to be at your show at Denver Comedy Works years ago and Harley you absolutely crushed it in Jay & Silent Bob Reboot. First Kev is there any chance seeing you complete your Batman Cacophony run that had that crazy cliffhanger or possibly doing another writing stint in the comic realm for DC anytime in the future ( hope hope!) And Harley what type of upcoming projects in either film or tv do you have that you can share? Thank you guys so much and thank you for being so awesome to your fans :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s am honor to have you here Mr. Smith. I am sure you have heard this a lot by this point, but your View Askewniverse films, especially Mallrats through Chasing Amy really spoke to me during that time in a way no other film maker ever reall has.

My question is that your early films talked a lot about comic books and geek culture in general at a time when it was less of a “cool” topic. What part do you think they played in helping bring comics and geekdom into the more mainstream it is today?

4 Likes

Hi Mr and Misses Smith! I have a question for each of you.

Harley, if you had the chance to play any DC character in live action, who would it be and why?

Kevin, if you were to make another podcast based on a DC character, just like you did in the early days of FMOB, who would you choose, other than Superman?

Thanks.

Stuart.

1 Like

So when are we going to see Mr. Smith put on the spandex and start kicking some tail?

1 Like

Kevin:
MY respect for you is almost without words. For what it’s worth you have had a huge impact on the goals I still have today. Excuse me but I’m a little geeked about a chance to reach out to you and your daughter.
What advise can you give a fellow artist/writer in the way of self-starting? Do you remember a point when you realized that you were actually becoming more successful and respected?
Harley,
I know you are both an actress and musician. Do you feel you want to take on larger creative projects in the future? Do you think you may ever crank out a script or book?
Hope you’re all well and thanks for the time! Just great!

2 Likes

Hello Smith’s
I must say, as a inspiring film making and lifelong fan of comics, you are quite the inspiration to strive towards. You have done so much in both the film and comic book industry and I am very thankful for it. Mallrats is amazing and you brought back Green Arrow, one of my favorite characters, into the modern age in a satisfying way. Thank you very much for your work to the industry and making comics cool.

Questions

1. Kevin: Have you regained your comic book collection?
  2. Harley: If you could play any DC character, who would it be
2 Likes

Kevin,

I love your point of view and movies. You are such a great fanboy as well as a voice for the comic community that it is a delight to hear you speak and pontificate.

My question:

What were some of your earliest director influences when you first started, and if that stayed the same, or have they evolved to other director influences?

Thanks and rock on.

Enrique

1 Like

Hello guys! Hope you are all well.
Was wondering if Y’all and Ben Affleck will make a movie together?

2 Likes

Question for both:

If you could travel back to 1938 and be there in the room while Superman is being conceptualized, what’s one thing you would tell/ask/suggest for the creators?

4 Likes

My question is for both of you lovely humans:

Was there a comic or a panel that disturbed/frightened you as a child to the point where you had to get rid of the comic?

My specific case was Crisis on Infinite Earths #8, I was only 5 or 6 when I was experienced these terrifying panels of Barry Allen dying and I made my mother throw away the comic, much to my chagrin as an adult.

Bonus terror: the final page of the issue with the Spectre standing over the different worlds with the lightning slashing about gave me nightmares for a very long time (there is something inherently creepy about the Spectre).

1 Like

Harley and Kevin,

As the father of a teenaged girl, I’d like to tell you how touched I was by that interview for Yahoo you guys did. The one where Kevin explained why Harley was his favorite actor and how it saved him. I saw it during a very rough patch in my life and it made my eyes well up. It shook me, really, and showed me what a wonderful cycle of reciprocated reward comes from a strong, loving father-daughter relationship. It was one of the things that inspired me to get help and be the best father I can be; at the very least, it certainly got the ball rolling.

That was a few years back and today we’re closer than ever. Just last night we stayed up after everyone else in the house was asleep, sat on the couch, ate cheese slices like losers, and watched Brawl in Cell Block 99, laughing about how ain’t life fun.

Thanks, you two. And congratulations on all your successes.

7 Likes

What’s your favorite Robin?

2 Likes

For the record (and for those younger readers who don’t know), The Smiths were an alternative band in the mid '80’s who put out 4 albums in a 5yr period prior to breaking up. Lead singer Morrissey has continued on since then releasing 13 studio albums.

Apologies for the tutorial.

“Yoga Hosers” was a silly but super funny movie that I enjoyed watching with my daughter Ivy.

My question is for Miss Smith.
Do you see yourself or have any plans in the future for working with Lily-Rose Depp again?

Thank you for taking the time to read and Answer these questions that we have. Big Fan of you ALL.

2 Likes

Hi Ms. Smith! Hi Mr. Smith!
I hope that you’re family is safe and healthy.

Ms. Smith, what would your advice for someone that wants to pursue acting be?

Mr. Smith, what would your advice for someone that wants to be a writer or director be?

Thank you both so much for coming to answer questions!:slightly_smiling_face:

7:30pm 5/19/2020

1 Like

Hello! Huge fan! If you could write any character that you have not yet who would it be and why?

3 Likes

Hello! Kevin, if you could write any character in the DC Universe that you haven’t already gotten your hands on, who would you choose, and Harley, any chance you’d want to write something with your dad?

3 Likes

Oh hai everyone! It’s time to get settled in and behold the wonder that is Kevin Smith and Harley Quinn Smith. We’ll be getting started here in just a minute, stay tuned!

10 Likes

drumroll

7 Likes

Hello friends! Harley here :slight_smile: ask us your questions!

14 Likes