LIVE Q&A with Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker, HARLEY QUINN ANIMATED SERIES Showrunners! Mon 5/11 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Was Batman White Knight an influence on this season’s Joker?

1 Like

What’s it like working with Kaley Cuoco?

2 Likes

I love the Harley and Ivy relationship. They have a little vibe that I can sense every book they’re together in. No matter the writer, they always got some kinda energy when they’re with each other. Most recent Example I’ve read is Injustice: gods among us years 1-5

5 Likes

Has Harley Quinn been a cult following for comic book fans since the 2016 Suicide Squad movie?

1 Like

Is there an old or older animated (adult)movie that influenced your series or you?. Only thing that come to mind are Ralph Bakshi’s work when I watch your series. Love the show! -elMike777

1 Like

Thank you for taking questions it helps.
For future story arcs is there an ACTUAL possibility of having red hood come in to the show as either a reoccurring charter or costar? And if so do you think he would eventually be new love interest for Harley? PS this would give the show the butthole puckering arc seeing a love triangle blossom out between Red Hood, Joker, and Harley Quinn

1 Like

Happy birthday Pat!

3 Likes

Hey! Love the show. Thanks for the chance to ask a few questions.

I absolutely loved the chance that we got to see Catwoman being stone cold in this. Any plans to include more villains who are women in the show? Like Duela Dent (I’m literally any of her aliases/identities), or Engima? I think it would be amusing to have an evil dad/daughter dynamic to contrast with Barbs/Jim.

I thought the little bit with the fans in it was very amusing. Do you have any intent to put any other short bits of “broken fourth wall” content in the show or was that a one off?

2 Likes

This show is amazing! Makes me laugh like no other and I appreciate the respect yet also irreverent ribbing it holds toward its source material.

Have you seen JLD Apocalypse War’s take on King Shark? Would you ever consider taking the character down that route? I know Harley/Ivy is the popular lgbt ship on the show, but I’ve always felt King Shark and Croc could be fun to explore.

Waylon constantly struggles with his identity and his past in the comics while King Shark is so openly comfortable in his own skin and free to be himself. I feel like it could make for what could start out as a bitter envious rivalry to a sweet romance with a good moral behind it too. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like this show would be crazy enough to give it a shot.

Anyways, can’t wait for the next episode, thanks for all your hard work and care for the series, it really shows!

1 Like

I can’t believe no one’s asked this yet, but is there any word on a season 3?!

5 Likes

With the mention of Jason Todd during the latest episode is there a chance of seeing him on the show at some point? I think he would fit in well on this show.

4 Likes

Hey guys!

First question: How does the second half of season 2 differ from the first? Is Harlivy(yay) going to be a consistent overarching focus?

Secondly: Is Babs buying followers?

4 Likes

What ideas are you guys bouncing around for Harley and Ivy’s relationship, in terms of story or romanticism, in the event we get a season 3?

Will there be more flashbacks in the future showing Harley/Harleen and Ivy’s relationship before the events of season 1?

3 Likes

Hey, I want to first thank all of the crew for being so open on Twitter, and taking fans questions and answering them, including mine about riddlebird (Penguin/Riddler) in the show. There have been a few questions brewing in the back of my head ever since and I have been wholeheartedly enjoying this show and everyone’s take and inclusion on Batman lore and expanding that focus on a long needed Harley x Ivy romance. (I also like the Gotham references. Nice.)

I seriously hope for a season 3 to keep the train running, and I was wondering do you have anything planned out for that season?

Also I know…he’s gone but will we see Penguin again (like through flashbacks, other means, ect?) I feel there is more to be explored about his character that we didn’t get to yet ( influence on the city, his relationships with other Rogues, Joshua, ect. )

I want to thank you for taking your time out to read our questions and answering them.

1 Like
  1. Can we expect to see more of Poison Ivy’s backstory (and her origin) in the upcoming episodes?
    Everything we’ve learned so far came from bits and pieces and I’m dying to know MORE.

2. Given the fact that episode 9 involves a trip to Themyscira, I’m assuming Wonder Woman will show up. Am I correct?

7 Likes

1.whats ur favorite character that you’ve brought to the show besides the main team (harley, ivy, king shark, dr.phyco, and clayface, also kite man)

2.also what other super hero would u bring to the show

1 Like

Will Tool make an appearance in future episodes or next
season?

8 Likes

Hey guys! First, I wanted to say I LOVE this show. It’s funny AND smart with well-developed characters. So kudos for the accomplishment.

I wanted to ask you a few questions about the development process of the show. Was it your idea to pitch a Harley Quinn show or did WB/DC came to you? Was it always gonna be on DC Universe? Have you talked to any comic writers during the development?

Thanks for stopping by!

3 Likes

So why is that you guys decided to have an ark where Harley kills off some of the major villains? Im just curious because shows mainly try ta stay away from killin off popular characters. Also I cant wait for the Harlivy thats comin up. Keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

Love the series. It’s replaced Justice League as my favorite DC cartoon.

My (dumb) first question is: Can we expect a Hanukkah special in the future? It’s super awesome that you kept the “Harley is Jewish” detail from some of the comics. “Bensonhurst” was comedy gold (maybe more so if you come from a family like Harley’s.)

Second question is a little more serious. I know you’re well aware that the developing relationship between Harley and Ivy is of keen interest to the fans. Excuse the Clayface-level drama, but it’s given a lot of people hope in a dark time. Question is: Are you getting any backlash for hinting Harlivy will happen? And how would you respond? If no backlash, never mind.

1 Like