LIVE Q&A with Geoff Johns, Comic Book Writer, Television Producer, & Creator of STARGIRL! Thurs, 5/14 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Hey Mr, Jones, Iam huge fan of Black Adam and Darkseid
I have a few questions to you I hope you answer it

1. I want to ask you about Black adam why you decide to change his origin story and made him a slave? the former origin story by legendary C.C Beck was amazing + Is there any probability to see his own comic in the future?
  2. As fan of Darkseid is there any chances to see him in future comics? honestly I don’t like what happened to him in Rebirth, I want to see the true Darkseid when he gets the upper hand on the Multiverse .
2 Likes

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to read our questions and for your hard work (love Doomsday Clock and can’t wait to read Three Jokers).

I only have one question : is there any chance to see Wally West on Stargirl and/or in one of your comic book series ?

Again, thanks a lot !

1 Like

Can you give us any updates on the HBOMAX Green Lantern show and the up GL movie that you are writing? Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi Geoff,
I’m a big fan of your work, I would just like to know, what happened to Jerrie Rathaway?
thank you!!

What happened to Jerrie Rathaway? Why was she never mentioned again especially after Hartley’s parents died?

Hi Mr. Johns just wanted to say that your work on the Blackest Night Storyline was what got me back into reading comics!

First question is what brought you in to write for Green Lantern?
Second question what has been your favorite storyline to write?

1 Like

Hey Mr. Johns. I just have one question.
What made you decide to implement the Three Jokers as a concept?

2 Likes

During Hal Jordan and the GLC it was shown that Manhattan was directly preventing the recruitment of a new Blue Lantern Corps. Can we expect them to make a comeback now that Doomsday Clock is over?

What’s something you used to do in your old scripts that you don’t do now and/or something you do in your recent scripts that you didn’t used to do?

2 Likes

I’ve got to go to bed during this time. But I would like to know if he has any plans for Stargirl coming to Rebirth?

4 Likes

With an appearance in the up coming Black Adam movie. Is there any chance of a live Hawkman/Hawkwoman live action movie in the future? There is so much history with the hawks and their connections throughout the DC universe. it would make for a great movie.

Hey there, Geoff. Your work on The New 52 Justice League series brought me back into ready comics again in a huge way. My questions to you are:

1. What was it like working with Richard Donner on Action Comics?

2. You’ve been instrumental in bringing several DC characters into the modern age. Is there a character you’d like to tackle that you haven’t had the chance to do yet?

1 Like

Hey Geoff. I’m a huge fan that’s been following your work for over a decade now. I’m also from Detroit (Lafayette>American), and now college aged. I’m currently taking film classes, but what would you recommend a kid my age do to become a better writer for the screen/ page?

I’m also very, very excited for Batman Earth One volume 3. Do you have a length in your mind you want the series to go? Will you touch on a lot of classic Batman elements you haven’t yet, such as a certain bird-themed sidekick?

Greetings Mr. Johns, and welcome to DC Universe! :flash_hv_1:

Question 1: Have you procured the action figures and/or other merchandise based on stories you’ve written and/or projects you’ve overseen?

I feel confident you’ve the Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. figures from Mattel’s Justice League Unlimited and DC Universe Classics lines (use your pull to get the unreleased Stargirl from their Justice League Action line :wink:).

Question 2: Do you foresee doing anything more with Element Woman? As a big Metamorpho fan, I highly enjoyed the character and am hoping that one day, we’ll get a team-up adventure featuring Metamorpho and Element Woman.

Also, if you’re ever in need of a wacky, shape-changing, Metropolis-based denizen, I would gladly offer the services of my own character, Marshmallow Pete (alias Pete Marsh).

Thank you VERY much for everything on the printed page and outside of it (especially the “Legion” and “Booster” episodes of Smallville, with regards to non-comic media)! I eagerly anticipate your next adventures within the DC Universe.

SN: Please tell Richard Donner “thank you” for Superman: The Movie. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

Hey Geoff, big fan, since we’ve learned about the Green Lantern Corps movie and the Green Lantern tv show that you’re involved with, what’s the biggest issue you’ve had/seen with adapting Green Lantern into a live action property?

Secondly, how different is working on a film/tv script vs a comic script?

Thanks, for taking your time to answer these questions big fan and can’t wait for Stargirl!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Johns! I’m a huge fan of your work! My questions are

1. Some of my favorite episodes of Titans were written by you. You capture the characters so well, so I was wondering if you plan to write future episodes for the next season? And can we expect to see more interactions between Dick and Kory and Gar and Rachel? Gar and Rachel specifically our my personal favorites!
  2. What inspired you to bring Beast Boy and Raven together in your comic run of Teen Titans? They are my favorite characters and the relationship you developed between them was inspiring. Your run of Teen Titans is my favorite and I always find myself going back to it.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing your answers! You are one of DC’s finest! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey Geoff! I’m so excited for Stargirl, she’s been a favorite of mine since you introduced her to DC. How difficult was it to make the JSA relevant for modern audiences that might not be as familiar with those characters, as opposed to the main team of the Justice League? What strengths do you see the JSA having over the JLA?

1 Like

Only 2 Things…

1. Get Ready To Revise Your List…

2. We accelerated the story to get to the hope and optimism a little faster.

How did that work out for you???

What did you learned from that and how you used that experience to make STARGIRL a better show???

7 Likes

Mr Johns, do you see Star girl in the same universe as the Justice League film you worked on? Or would you consider it closer to the Canon of the Snyder cut, aka Zack Snyder’s Justice League?

8 Likes

Hello There. I’m a big fan of your’s, and am really excited for Stargirl!

1. What is your writing process like at DC Comics?

2. What do you think the limits on Doctor Manhattan’s abilities actually are?

Question 1: Regarding Swamp Thing on The CW is this just airing reruns or is there a chance for him to return and how can we help with that effort.
Question 2: why don’t we ever see epic stories like Blackest Knight and Metal in the Dc Animated movies when these are some of their amazing stories with more than one hero to focus on other than the Trinity. Also I love all your work and support of the community!!

1 Like