LIVE Q&A with Brec Bassinger, Stargirl of STARGIRL! Mon 8/10 @11am PT/2pm ET

LIVE Q&A with Brec Bassinger, Stargirl of Stargirl ! Mon 8/10 @11am PT/11am ET

Monday_QnA_1080x1080
Joining us for the Season 1 Finale of her new series is Stargirl herself, Brec Bassinger! It’s been an incredible journey since that first episode, and many more questions are on our minds! Ask her all about the experiences you’ve seen this season on Monday, August 10th at 11am PT/2pm ET!

Please limit to just 1 question; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 11am PT/2pm ET on Monday, August 10th to read Brec’s answers LIVE!

27 Likes

Hi Ms. Bassinger!

I hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Thanks for taking time to answer everyone’s questions.

What’s it like being a role model for so many?

11:13am 8/7/2020

10 Likes

Hello thanks for stopping by,

You’ve been awesome in this awesome show. The entire season was amazing. Just wow.

With the season over and the wait for season 2 begins. Is there anything you would like to see happen in season 2?

10 Likes

Hi Ms Brec Bassigner,

Hope you are doing well! My opinion still stands, you are the perfect actress to protray Courtney Whitmore, your hard work and dedication is clearly shown through your performance and has NOT disappointed!!! So as a fan, Thank you!!! :pray:

Throughout the season we have watched Courtney grow a lot not only as a superhero but as a person a well, is there anything in particular from the comics or just in everyday life, you would like to see added or see more of in season 2? (for example JSA tools, family dynamics, costumes, new/old characters, everyday life, etc.)?

Thank you in advance and Congratulations on getting a season 2 !!! :star2: :stars:

9 Likes

Hello!!! I love this show!!!
Would you rather have a funnel cakes or a fresh warm fluffy butter flaky biscuit?
:biscuit_butter: :biscuit_butter:

8 Likes

Hello Brec! I’ve been enjoying watching Stargirl, I even made Stargirl out of Minecraft blocks, hope you like it.:grinning:

My question to you is, What DC hero do you hope to see in season 2? Thankyou so much for your time May God bless you and have a great week! :slight_smile:

Edit: I really enjoy episode 13, I think the ending was a great tribute to Courtney John. something tells me that she love Christmas and was a fan of Home Alone 2, which 2 song from the movie played in the series. :slightly_smiling_face: The ending put tears in my eyes, Can’t wait for season 2.
I plan to have a Stargirl marathon watching all 13 episodes in 1 day.:grinning:

21 Likes

Hello ms. Bassinger Do you like pineapple on pizza?

-Thebatman.7002 Sergeant major of the APOP (anti pineapple on pizza) task force.

15 Likes

Good afternoon Miss Bassinger. I hope you and your family are doing well during the current health crisis. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. We know you are busy, and it is very much appreciated.

Your portrayal of Courtney has been nothing short of brilliant. I have enjoyed watching her grow into her role of Stargirl. It is nice to see her finally realize that she needs the team in order to stop the Injustice League. There were times I wasn’t sure this reality was going to be fully grasped.

On a lighter note, my question; do prefer pancakes or delicious waffles?

Thank you again for taking a break from your busy schedule. We fans are forever grateful. Stay awesome!

Edit: It is now 12:45am on Monday. I just finished the finale. WOW!!! I feel like I could run a marathon. That was outstanding!!!

11 Likes

Who will be the next flash, green lantern, and thunderbolt ? My name is David I am 13 years old and you are one of my favorite actresses. If you can I would really I appreciate if you give me a shout out. This is my family’s only show we watch together

8 Likes

Hi!:wave: Without revealing too much, are you able to tell us what stage of development season 2 is in? :grin:

9 Likes

Hello there Ms. Brec Bassinger! Thank you very much for your time in answering our questions! Hope that you and your family continue to stay well. :star: :superman_hv_4:

Now, we’ve seen Courtney and Max the dog have an interesting relationship where Max wakes up Courtney somewhat rudely and she calls him a “demon dog.” Later, we see Max dressed up as a “little devil” for Halloween. Was it Courtney that dressed him up? :sweat_smile:

Thank you very much and good to see Mike’s job will be guarding the “noble steed” as we head into the finale (and what a job they did in the finale as well as the rest of the team). :smile: :+1:

8 Likes

Hello Mrs.Bassinger

Before i start off my Question i just wanted to say Congrats on the fantastic First Season of Dc’s StarGirl aka My all time favorite Comic Book tv series

My Question is…
what is Your Favorite Hero?/Villain from the DCEU and would you like to team up with them in either season 2 or season 3?

Thanks for answering my Question and can’t wait for Dc Fandome in a few weeks to learn about season 2

6 Likes

Welcome back Brec!

Season 1 of Stargirl without a doubt had many great supporting characters who might not have gotten a lot of screen time or interacted with Courtney, so I can’t wait to hopefully see them again in Season 2.

In particular, Artemis played by Stella Smith I’d imagine would be a fun to see you interact with, especially since you’re no stranger to portraying a high school female football player. I’m curious if you and Stella Smith during or after filming got to bond or share your mutual experiences on the gridiron. :football:

12 Likes

Hello Brec! Big fan of the show! I’m for sure talking a ton about it on my channel!
If you could have a song that describes Stargirl, what would you choose??

5 Likes

Hi Brec!

Thx so much for taking time out from your busy schedule for this Q&A- so cool!

I was wondering which comics and/or animated series you studied in order to build your take on the character of Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl?

10 Likes

@BrecBassinger Thank you so much for coming in and answering our questions! I’ve been waiting for this for weeks!

You’ve done such an amazing job bringing this character to life! Stargirl is my favorite comic book show on tv right now. I love the way they incorporate Courtney’s gymnastics into her fighting and flying.

I’ve always found it poignant how Geoff Johns based Courtney on his sister. Has he told you much about the real Courtney and do you feel a deeper responsibility playing her knowing the inspiration for the character?

7 Likes

These are the questions we need answers to Brec!

6 Likes

Hi Ms Bassinger! I have really been enjoying the show and it’s great to have a show, even with death and dark moments, be so upbeat and just fun to watch. I genuinely care for the characters and love how they have become like family.
I was wondering if we will find out more about the Cosmic Staff and how it chooses who can wield it.
I also drew the following of your character and hope you like it.

15 Likes

Hi Brec,
Thanks for taking the time to answer some more of our questions.
I loved the production value on season one with some great sets and costumes.
What was one of your favorite sets that you filmed on during the first season? And where were you when you found out the great news that the show had been renewed for a season 2?
Cheers!

5 Likes

Howdy Brec,
Really love the show, great job all around from actors to cinematography to soundtrack. The Cosmic Staff seems to have quite the personality on the show. Who would you say was the biggest diva on set, was it the staff? :laughing:
Would love to see you do a Gandalf “You Shall Not Pass” joke with the staff in S2 :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes