Live Q&A with April Bowlby, AKA Rita Farr of DOOM PATROL! Thursday, 6/25 @1pm PT/4pm ET

Hi April!

Huge fan of yours and so excited for Season 2. Two questions for you:

• What classic Hollywood actresses do you admire, or have used as inspiration for Rita?
  • If you had the choice to play any other DC character who would it be and why?

Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Hi April,
First, we can not express our gratitude and admiration enough for your portrayal of Rita and your dedication to DC’s fantastic universe.

DC never ceases to amaze me when characters and their actors/actresses are intertwined in other shows or mediums. My question is: will you star in an animated movie with your character or perhaps star in an animated series such as Harley Quinn, DC Super Hero Girls, or Young Justice?

(If you have time for a second question: I saw you posted about Elijah McClain on your Instagram story today and I was hoping you can talk more about the injustice. I recommend doing another collab video with Matthew Cooke because he is an influential voice on this topic.)

3 Likes

Hello! First of all, I love your portrayal of Rita, she’s been my favorite on the show! My question is: what has been your favorite dynamic that you have explored this season between Rita and another character?

4 Likes

Your Rita Farr is MY Rita Farr. Are you going to learn to shrink?

4 Likes

What’s it like working with Brendan Fraser?

4 Likes

Hello Ms. Bowlby.
You’re such a perfect Rita. Do u enjoy classic movies in real life? A lot of the questions I would’ve asked have already been posted. I absolutely love Doom Patrol & you are the perfect Rita Farr. Thank u so much for joining us & doing the Patrol such justice.

8 Likes

Hi, Ms. Bowlby! As an old Hollywood fan, Rita was inevitably going to be my favourite in this show. I think you do a marvelous job, and I’m so excited to see how Rita grows and changes in the next season.

What kind of prep have you done for playing the historical aspects of Rita’s character? So much of her character borrows from classic Hollywood archetypes, from Katharine Hepburn to Norma Desmond, and it all comes through really well. I’d love to hear about what you’ve read, watched, or practiced (that transatlantic accent!) to make her come alive.

3 Likes

Hello April Bowlby,

You are a very talented and appreciated actress playing Rita Farr! My question is only applicable if you know Ritas character history. It is not meant as an insult but I do know at times actors/producers do not want individuals to not know much about a preexisting character’s history to affect one’s thought on an upcoming storyline and such.

Is there a Doom Patrol/Rita Farr stroyline be brought to fruition in a future season? Which one?

3 Likes

Hi April! I love Rita in Doom Patrol and the story she has gone through. My question is, what people or characters influenced the way you portray the role of Rita?

3 Likes

Thank you for your time Ms. Bowlby one question is are we gonna see Rita grow into a giant Elastigirl? Please let us fans know!

4 Likes

Greetings April,
After being a part of this DC Comics world have you read or had any interest in other comic book material?

4 Likes

Hi April, can you tease how Rita will grow throughout season 2 and the challenges she will face while doing so?

3 Likes

Hi April. We loved the first season. Amazing blend of action, comedy, and drama. So, this season, will we get to see Rita’s traditional powers of size manipulation to become a giant of able to stretch her arms, legs, etc during fights? My wife and I are excited to see the new season.

4 Likes

Hiya! Just a quick question about your portrayal of Rita Farr: Beyond the comics, what other sources did you look at when you were crafting the character?

3 Likes

hi April!
What was your reaction like when you first auditioned for this crazy Dc tv series?

4 Likes

Hello Ms. Bowlby,
Thank you for taking your time to do this Q&A. How much research did you have to do on Rita or were you alread familiar with her character?

3 Likes

What’s your opinion on a Doom Patrol movie ?

3 Likes

Hi. Ms. April Bowlby. What is your most and least favorite Doom Patrol comic issue?

4 Likes

Hello Miss Bowlby.
What was the funniest experience you had working on season one?

4 Likes

Hello Ms. April Bowlby, thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Of all your amazing roles in the industry, your portray of Rita Farr is my favorite. How does working with such an awesome cast and crew help you perform so superbly?

4 Likes