Live Q&A w/ Sam Witwer, Actor & Game Master of DCU All Star Games, Fri 3/20 @6:30pm PST!

Your karate kid a joke!! :crazy_face::laughing::rofl:

7 Likes

Hi, Jon!

2 Likes

Do you and Freddie get together and play games like this often? How’d you guys come up with there pitch to play this 80s DC roleplaying game?

4 Likes

Hi, Sam!
Do you ever get “stage fright” before DM/GMing?

5 Likes

I kept notes and mulled stuff around for a few weeks… brainstorming and such. Then had a good talk with the folks we were making this with at DC, then spent a day writing out my master doc which was interrupted by my little Pitbull getting sick and having surgery. The next day we shot, it went well, then I went and visited my little man, and his surgery went well. All in all, a very good day!

15 Likes

So glad you told us the pibbie is okay. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad your Pibble is ok!

4 Likes

Welcome to our Community, Sam! Thanks for joining us tonight :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of beginner box sets. FFG does some great STAR WARS box sets. They walk you through the rules, encounter by encounter. D&D has a great one too. Hell, this DC game all came from the idea to un box one of these box sets that had been sealed since the 80s. I was hoping I could just kinda use whatever adventure they had pre-packaged in the box set. My hopes were dashed. However, I think coming up with an original story worked out ok. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So happy to hear that your best bud is doing fine!

5 Likes

Hi Sam! I was wondering about your role on Supergirl? Did you enjoy it? Did you not like your character and/or how he reacted to things??

7 Likes

is there a video or just you typing

5 Likes

Just typing, like an Ask Me Anything :slight_smile:

7 Likes

thank applejack

4 Likes

When you ever work on other projects like films or shows do you try to convince some of your fellow castmates who you befriend, but have never played a tabletop rpg to come and play with you and get them interested in playing some table top RPGs or do you find it hard teaching new people how go play or get invloved in the stories you gm?

4 Likes

Sometimes you realize creative blocks are just fear and anxiety in disguise. The key, I think, is just pushing yourself to go ahead and do … something. Anything. Plant your feet and move forward and start building. The fun is rolling with the unexpected that your players throw at you, so… ya know… plan all you like. It won’t go to plan. :slight_smile: If you got great people at the table, it won’t matter. It’ll be fun.

11 Likes

Sounds like you and Freddie have played together before. Did any of the others have prior RPG experience?

4 Likes

As I understand it, David led directly to Aidan. When they were casting Being Human, they were having trouble finding someone for the role. The casting director was the same casting director from Smallville, realized they were looking for someone who could play a monster who didn’t wanna be a monster, and invited me to audition. As for enjoyment, I have to go with Aidan. You can have a lot of influence on the flavor of the show when you’re a lead. The writers and producers were wonderful. The crew was amazing. We had no money. We worked really hard. The cast were bastards. … I lie. The cast are amazing people who made the whole thing worth it.

8 Likes

sam why you so mean to freddie always killing his character

6 Likes

I just wanted to thank you for GM-ing this. I’m enjoying it a lot!

4 Likes