Live Q&A w/ Ron Marz, Comic Writer of GREEN LANTERN, SUPERBOY, & More, Wed 2/24 @2pm PT/5pm ET!

Hi, Ron! Thank you so much for making it to our community. I’ve enjoyed so much of what you’ve contributed to our universe, up to and including December’s Endless Winter — in my opinion, one of the most purely entertaining DC crossover events in years.

My question, though, is about Green Lantern… or, more specifically, Alexandra DeWitt. A lot about comics has changed since she was brutally killed by Major Force 27 years ago, not the least of which being the rise of a sense of narrative responsibility not to use female characters as props to bolster their male protagonists’ motivational drive, and to give them a sense of character and purpose of their own. If you could do it over again, would Alex have met the same fate? Do you stand by that creative choice? How else might you have impressed upon a neophyte Kyle Rayner the magnitude of his duty? And if we could really have gotten to know Alex better, then well… who WAS she?

10 Likes

How do we watch him respond live? Is there a link?

7 Likes

I believe he will be responding in this thread.

7 Likes

Hello @CozmicCam, you can watch him respond and answering questions right here on this thread on Wednesday at 2:00pm PST/5:00pm EST.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

If the opportunity arose, would you consider re-writing ‘Emerald Twilight’ they way you originally intended?

8 Likes

Can you talk about your time at Crossgen, the highs, the lows.

8 Likes

Do you have any ideas, or have you pitched a Green Lantern movie, or series, to Warner Bros. Or HBOMAX?

6 Likes

What did you think of The Green Lantern: War of Light?

6 Likes

Who has been, your Favorite artist to work with?

7 Likes

Ron Marz, I’ve been a long time fan especially as Kyle was my Green Lantern. I was wondering what your thoughts were of changing Parallax from just being Hal going nuts to a creature that controlled him? Do you think this releases Hal from some of the guilt for his horrible actions?

As a fan, I also drew you a portrait of yourself as a Green Lantern, Kyle Rayner uniform of course. I hope you like it.

10 Likes

@CozmicCam , @scoop001 and @Reaganfan78 have the right of it- you can tune in right here 2021-02-24T22:00:00Z!

6 Likes

I’ve been a big fan of your work across the various publishers. I especially want to note the Ingenuity of the Amalgam Comics DC / Marvel character mash-ups and team mashups as well as the fun of the DC versus Marvel that you were involved with in the 90s!

What are some of the better team ups with artists that you have been involved with that were very special creatively for you?

9 Likes

What do you find to be the hardest thing about writing for these different characters? Was it easier to write for some than others?

8 Likes

Hi Ron! You’re the reason I got into the GL corp mythos. Thanks!

How would you like Kyle Rayner handled in the post-rebirth and post-death metal era that were in?

9 Likes

Sir,
I greatly enjoyed your Batman/Aliens crossover and was curious, if their were no restrictions, which character crossover would you like to write most and what one would you think would be the most fun to read?

8 Likes

Less than 10 minutes!!!

7 Likes

Yay!!!

6 Likes

Did someone make sure Mr. Marz’s jar of only green M&Ms is ready for him?

8 Likes

Got them ready!

9 Likes

That should be your question for Ron! “Mr. Marz, what’s on your rider and how can we help deliver it for you?” :laughing:

9 Likes