**Live Q&A w/ HARLEY QUINN Producers Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker, Thursday 10/24 10:30am-11:30am PST!**

Starting THURSDAY at 10:30am PST, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with HARLEY QUINN animated series producers Patrick Schumacker and Justin Halpern, whose work you already know from iZOMBIE and POWERLESS! Mr. Schumacker and Mr. Halpern will be joining us LIVE for one hour from their very own verified accounts to answer YOUR questions about what it’s like to interpret Harley for her own show, their approach to gathering a cast of amazing comedians, and answer any other questions you’d like to ask.

Be sure to add your question to the comments below, and come back here at 10:30am PST to find out the answers!

Proof!

28 Likes

If the Harley Quinn of Batman the Animated Series met your Harley in a cross-dimensional caper, would they get along for the duration or would it all end in a Harley War?

14 Likes

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to chat with us, Patrick and Justin. We really appreciate it and what you are doing for this great character who we all love. I just would like to ask you what specific DC stories featuring Harley Quinn did you refer to in shaping your version of her? I know you probably looked heavily at the Palmiotti/Conner run on the character based on the stylistic stuff, but what else? There’s obviously a wide-range of great sources that you had to look at and consider.

4 Likes

How did you pick the kaley cuoco for the role of harley Quinn

12 Likes

Harley Quinn fans know the moment when they first fell in love with the vivacious vixen. What was the moment that made you both fall in love with Harley? (PS- Hi Justin!)

5 Likes

What were three Harley Quinn characteristics from BTAS or the comics that you felt were essential to include in your version of Harley, and what is one thing that might set her apart from versions that we’ve seen before?

3 Likes

I personally would thank you all for this Q/A session. My question:

Most fans know that Poison Ivy and Harley have historically had amazing chemistry and great stories. Can you name three other people you can see her having interesting harmony or disharmony with in the DC Universe?

2 Likes

Piggy-backing sort of off another comment. I know for me Tara Strong is iconic as the voice of Harley Quinn in most animated projects with the character. What was the leading reason(s) for searching for a new voice for HQ for this project and what made Kaley Cuoco the right fit for your vision?

8 Likes

How is Mary Tyler Moore influencing the show? Is Poison Ivy her Rhoda?

5 Likes

Hello, Halpern & Schumacker!

Harley Quinn as a character is a ton of different things to different people. This has resulted in a vast array of interpretations that reach far beyond the confines of the current comics continuity into things like Stjepan Sejic’s HARLEEN, Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh’s HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS, and Kami Garcia, Mico Suayan, and Mike Mayhew’s JOKER/HARLEY: CRIMINAL SANITY. And that’s just the comics.

My question: How will the show channel Harley’s elasticity as a character in various genres and takes throughout comics, film, TV and animation (of course).

2 Likes

What made you chose Alan tudyk to voice the joker

2 Likes

Know that Damian Wayne/Robin will be in the series. Is he still the spoiled, arrogant brat we all know and love in the cartoon? Can we expect any other members of the Bat Family to pop up like Nightwing, Batgirl, Alfred, etc.?

4 Likes

Hello and thank you for your guy’s time. You said you wanted to keep harley a villan in another interview. So my question to you is how much of this show will be inspired by the new 52 and how much will be inspired by Batman the animated series? Feel free to lump my answer in with someone elses, i’m sure you guys will get a lot of similer questions lol. And thank you again for your time

2 Likes

Hello and thanks for the chat.

I’ve noticed that there is a great variety in characters starring and providing cameos in the trailers. Was there a special process for selecting which characters would appear and become series mainstays?

3 Likes

It seems you get to work with some fun characters. Who was your favorite classic character to work with and why?

1 Like

This is a really great question. She’s honestly the one choice I would have never expected to voice HQ.

3 Likes

Which of the more obscure DC Comics characters were you most excited to bring into the show?

1 Like

Does Tim Drake exist in this universe?

1 Like

Hello :wave: What animated series has inspired you and why?

2 Likes

Hello its awesome that you guys take the time for this stuff out of your busy schedules as a fan thank you, my question is Harley Quinn can often have very dark material how do you go about handling the serious material without compromising being to light hearted?

2 Likes