Live Q&A w/ Greg Capullo, Comic Artist on Court of Owls, Dark Nights: Metal, & More, Tues 3/24 @1:00pm PST!

As a long time fan of your crazy art, what has been the wackiest thing you have had the chance to draw?
My personal favorite of yours has to be your recent take on Joker in the Last Knight on Earth’s mechanized robin, and is there any chance of seeing him again? <3

2 Likes

If you could be a lantern of any color? what color would you choose and why?

1 Like

Are we gonna get heroic jokers in death metal?
Also is there a evil batman worse than the batman who laughs?.

1 Like

Hi Greg! Thanks for doing this. I just saw your livestream on Instagram and I heard you mention that you’d love to work on Swamp Thing, and I saw a few panels that included him in Death Metal on Twitter, what can we expect to see from him in Death Metal? P.S., musician to musician, what kind of music do you hear when drawing Swampy?

1 Like

Big fan love your work, as many do. My 1st question is whats a matchup/team-up you have yet to see happen that you’d like to see explored. 2nd question where do you see the comic book industry in the next decade.

Thanks again!!

1 Like

What is a concept you have that you don’t think DC would let you draw?

1 Like

What is your favorite Joker story and what kind of story of Batman and Joker would you like to help tell in the future?

3 Likes

Hi Greg Capullo,

How long will you work on a given issue? How do you decompress/relax on your time off?

1 Like

How did you get so good at moving angles in panels? Any techniques or tips that you wish you had known before starting drawing comic books?

1 Like

Greg Capullo, what advice would you give to any aspiring comic book artists? Just wanted to ask as your work for DC Comics has been an absolute pleasure to view.
-M

1 Like

Was there one story or arc that made you want to become a comic book creator?

1 Like

What is your opinion on briefs vs. no briefs on Superman and Batman?

2 Likes

Hello Greg and welcome to DC Universe!

My question: in previous interviews you mentioned how your fandom of Metal music has been a major influence. As an artist, how do you channel the essence of that style of music into your artwork?

1 Like

Is there a character that you’ve done in the past ,that you’d like to go back and do a little differently?

1 Like

Hi Everybody. Greg Capullo here!

14 Likes

Hi Mr.Capullo, how did you learn to draw?
I want to learn how to draw.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer our questions.

1 Like

It’s like asking me which is my favorite kid and you have a family of thousands of kids. I can’t pick just one.

10 Likes

When I read any script, a movie plays in my head. I read the script several times, watching the movie several times, from there, I decide which shots work best, which shots won’t work in a comic book even though they would work in a film. Then, I scribble out my ideas to make sure they work. If they do, I start drawing. If they don’t, I watch the movie again.

12 Likes

Any anatomy book will help to get you started. I am a big believer of learning what is going on beneath the skin to help you gain better understanding of what’s going on on the surface. Doing a lot of quick gestural drawings of people in natural situations will help you to understand balance, expression, etc.

11 Likes

Hello mr. Capullo hope all is well in these trying times. My question to you is who has had the biggest influence on your comics career and how has that person changed your work?

1 Like