Live Q&A w/ Greg Capullo, Comic Artist on Court of Owls, Dark Nights: Metal, & More, Tues 3/24 @1:00pm PST!

Live Q&A w/ Greg Capullo, artist on Court of Owls, Dark Nights: Metal, & More! Tues March 24th @1:00pm PST/4:00pm EST!

Facebook
Starting Tuesday, March 24th at 1:00pm PST/4:00pm EST, we’ll be hosting a LIVE Q&A with the legendary Greg Capullo, creator of some of the most iconic art for Batman, Swamp Thing, and more in recent history.

Please try to limit the number of questions asked to 1-2; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 1:00pm PST/4:00pm EST on Tuesday, March 24th to read Greg’s answers LIVE!

Expand for Greg Capullo's Highlights on DC Universe

Batman (2011)
Dark Nights: Metal (2017)

27 Likes

This is awesome! I’ll put down my two questions here: if you can say, who is your favorite writer you’ve worked with and did you enjoy working on Batman.

3 Likes

Wow! I own many pieces by Greg Capullo and I L:heart:VE his work! Thank you @DC_Community for this opportunity and THANK YOU Greg for joining us!

:question: My Burning :fire: Question:
Your art is so crisp, creative, innovative, and beautiful! What is the most unexpected influence/inspiration for Dark Knights: Metal or The Court of Owls?

4 Likes

Wow, this is a good get!

Hi, Greg. What is your favorite metal song of all time?

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this… erm… Mr. Capullo? I want to be formal, but that might be a bridge too far. Or maybe not enough?

When it isn’t explicitly detailed to you by the script, how do you plan out action sequences? I find your work to be extremely good at fight choreography and I’m, well, less than stellar at stuff like that, putting it mildly. I’m particularly thinking of the opening to the first issue of Zero Year (my personal favorite story you’ve worked on, if I may say), with the confrontation between Red Hood One and a disguised Bruce Wayne in a truck. It’s so elaborate and well thought-out, and I’m really just curious as to how you plan out pages like those.

Apologies for the length of the question, and thank you for doing this. Please keep drawing comics, because I think I speak for everyone here when I say your art is amazing.

3 Likes

This is awesome
What character that you have done would you like to do?

2 Likes

Thank you for taking some time to answer our questions! As someone who would like to become an artist, I’d like to know what resources helped you learn about the structure and features of a person? What books did you use for reference when studying? Again, thank you for answering!

4 Likes

When making Dark Knights Metal. Did it feel like u were creating a no doubter? Or were there reservations? If so, what was it that worried u the most? I consider it a classic btw.

2 Likes

Do you have a favorite character that you have drawn for and if so who?

1 Like

If Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman each represented different metal bands, which would they be?

4 Likes

Hi! Death Metal is easily the most anticipated DC comic coming soon for a lot of people, and I wanted to know two things. 1) How long before the release dates do you get scripts for the series? 2) Have you ever drawn a Superman who Laughs, Wonder Woman who Laughs, Aquaman who laughs, etc. or had an image in your head of what that would look like?

3 Likes

Kirby or Eisner?

2 Likes

What artists would you say were your biggest influences?

What were your favorite books to read growing up?

Thanks so much for what you do!

3 Likes

Will books still be released digitally as planned with printing on hold?

1 Like

Hey Greg, very huge fan of yours!! My question for you is how many times do you think you’ve drawn Batman as a Character either for a comic or just for fun?

1 Like

Love the Wonder Woman design for Metal, with Wonder Woman wielding a chain saw with the lasso of truth being the pull cord.
How did you develop inspiration for your metal character designs? Did you have a lot of drafts or did you have a pretty clear vision from the start?

2 Likes

If you could draw an obscure DC character for an ongoing who would be your character of choice?

3 Likes

I’m super excited to see what Age of Apocalypse-Level Radness you and Scott have in store for Dark Nights: Death Metal. What’s been your favorite new Batman to draw for this event?

1 Like