Live Q&A w/ DC Publishing Staff of ROUND ROBIN, Tues 4/6 @12pm PT/3pm ET!

Like I said in the main thread, please say we are eventually getting all of these, they all sound great!

13 Likes

Also, are the number of votes being considered, such as the JLQ/Robins pairing garnering twice the amount of votes than any other pair? To me that signals that DC fans are really clamoring for a groundbreaking and history-making ongoing queer series.

10 Likes

I will reiterate what others have asked: how were the first round matchups decided, and can you confirm whether only one single pitch will be eventually greenlit?

8 Likes

Hello, DC Round Robin crew!

My question: even though this comes in the form of a March Madness-style bracket tournament, would you say the Round Robin process is similar (in anyway) to the process of approving or rejecting certain pitches in DC’s editorial offices?

7 Likes

Hello, DC Round Robin crew!

I would like to first echo @HubCityQuestion’s question, as I’m also curious to know.

As for a question of my own- Are these titles the “finalised” titles, or are they still open for alteration at this time? Some people have stated why they’re not comfortable with the term queer- whilst it’s how I personally identify I understand why some people are uncomfortable with the word. Robins also seems a relatively underwhelming name for the context.
Along the same lines- was the pitch presented the one selected by the creative team, or ones that y’all put together from what had been given about these potential titles?

9 Likes

I have a question for the staff: why was this poll posted exclusively on Twitter? Not all of us have Twitter accounts, and we would still very much like to have a say in this as DC fans.

(Though I’d still have to choose between JLQ and Robins, so that would create its own problems.)

7 Likes

@VengeanceNightBatman @survivorfan615.9354, I can help with this one as I am part of the team who organized the structure of the competition.

DC Community and DCUI are only available in the U.S. It’s so sad for our international fans when we run campaigns in the Community, for example, naming Nightwing’s doggo, which was only in our forums. While we will be having the final vote in Community, we wanted to ensure that the platforms that were available to our fans all over the world could have a say in this particular bracket campaign for the first few rounds. We are looking forward to expanding internationally in the near future, but at this time, the proportion of fans with social media accounts against community accounts made that the fair decision in the first few rounds.

14 Likes

Would it not be possible to use the DC Comics web site as well? After all, there were plenty of polls on the DCU web-site that was free to all back in the old days.

9 Likes

They’re two different CMS providers, the current dccomics.com website does not have the same polling software- the polls we used to run on the DCU news site were actually (fun fact?) a separate software that was embedded into our site, so the additional work to run polls in the news section is a couple steps removed at this time. But we are hoping to evolve the overall website in the near future, as well as make DCUI and DC Community available to more countries this year.

13 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info, and looking forward to that future evolution. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well hello, Publishing folks! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

I appreciate DC letting the fans have some say in which book gets published. Cool beans! :+1:t2:

My question, do you need a writer for a new Lobo ongoing? I’ve the time, and I’m told that I have a very good handle on the guy from what I’ve written with him. C’mon, you need a new, badass Lobo ongoing that is not only a grand sci-fi series, but also a smorgasbord of satire and pop culture. :wink:

pops another coin in the Lobo/Animal Man bucket

Thanks again for letting us fans in on the fun! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4: :heart:

7 Likes

Hello there and welcome!
Others have already covered most of my Qs, especially how the match ups were ultimately decided (A Swamp Thing story Vs. Harley leading the Suicide Squad- why are they doing this to me?! :see_no_evil: lol), and regarding inclusion of the JLQ title when equality is still so far away and there are so few LGBTQ characters to begin with, but I do have 2 Qs: I know there’s red tape, but I was wondering if in the future you’d consider letting fans pitch some ideas? (I certainly have a couple :eyes:) Second: I’d also like to see ALL of these titles, eventually— will you recycle the losing titles for another round?
Hope this finds you well, and thank you for being here w/ us today. :purple_heart: Take care.

7 Likes

Good Q!! I assumed one-shots. I’d take more.

7 Likes

Thank you for answering our questions…if these have already been asked I apologize

1. What made you decide to have the polls on Twitter and not here???

2. Who did you think will win???

3. Who do you hope will win???

4. Biscuits or Funnel Cake???

6 Likes

AM I LATE?!?!?!

5 Likes

hey! I already asked that! :angry:

5 Likes

Hi, everybody!

We’ll be getting started here in just a minute. Grab your nearest snack or beverage, and get ready for some Q&A’ing :dp_flex_mentallo:

10 Likes

but I just had lunch!

6 Likes

I had Arby! That Arby sandwich was so good with Arby sauce.:grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks to working until 3am most nights I literally just woke up so I’ve got my coffee and I’m ready to go!

6 Likes