Live Q&A w/ Dan Jurgens, Writer & Artist of DEATH OF SUPERMAN & Creator of Booster Gold, Wed 3/25 @1pm PT/4pm ET!

Live Q&A w/ Legendary Comic Creator Dan Jurgens, Wed March 25th @1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET!

Facebook

Starting Wednesday, March 25th at 1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET, we’ll be hosting a LIVE Q&A with the legendary Dan Jurgens.

Few comic creators are so synonymous with Superman as Dan Jurgens. The writer-artist began his professional career with DC in the 1980s, when he created the fan-favorite character Booster Gold. He went on to craft 1992’s landmark “Death of Superman” (in Superman #75) and countless other tales of the Man of Steel.

Please try to limit the number of questions asked to 1-2; this way, more people have a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET on Wednesday, March 25th to read Greg’s answers LIVE!

Expand for Dan Jurgens' Highlights on DC Universe
9 Likes

This is awesome. First, thanks Dan for everything. What are your thoughts on the evolution of Booster since you created him?

3 Likes

Mr. Jurgens, what would you say was your main goal with your Convergence/Rebirth Superman stories? Obviously, the narrative was designed to reestablish the pre-Flashpoint Superman whom you had written previously, but what did you seek to say or to accomplish with these stories? And are you satisfied with the results?

(I could just gush on about how much I loved that Action Comics run, especially the stories “Lois Lane, Back at the Planet” and “The New World,” but I’m interested in hearing your evaluation.)

6 Likes

Hello Mr. Jurgens. You’re famous for writing Superman during two very different eras of comics, the ‘90s and the ‘10s. Did you approach the character with a more 21st-century perspective when you wrote Rebirth Action Comics or were you trying to evoke a more classic Superman feel?

4 Likes

Hello Mr. Jurgens.

First off thank you for all your amazing work, especially on Superman, my favorite character.

Second, my question: If you were to write a stand-alone Black Label Superman comic, what would it be about?

5 Likes

Jon is a teenager now, and with it has come some serious fan backlash. As someone who wrote stories with Jon, I wanted to know what you find interesting about teenager Jon.

Also, one of the most interesting developments of Rebirth has been the path of Zod, as he’s moved from one title to the next while continue an ongoing arc. As one of the writers in this arc, how much of a say in Zod’s direction did you have?

3 Likes

WHY DID YOU KILL SUPERMAN?!?! YOU MANIAC!
And I love your art. No question here.

5 Likes

Did you ever think that Booster Gold would be as famous as he is today?

4 Likes

Let’s talk a little about Zero Hour: can you please set the record straight on what exactly was going on with Monarch and Extant?

4 Likes

If you had to put it in numbers, how much more demanding is it to draw comics than to write them?

5 Likes

Hello, Dan!

Current events nonwithstanding, my question to you is this: as one of the writers originally announced for the project, can you tell us (to the best of your ability) the status of DC’s Generation specials?

4 Likes

Mr. Jurgens, thank you for giving your time to answer some of our questions. I am a huge Superman fan but have a limited reading history. I began with the New 52 and haven’t read much prior to that. Out of the stories that you have written, Superman or not, what would you most recommend for your fans to read?

2 Likes

First off, I’d like to echo everyone’s thoughts of thankfulness for everything you’ve done for Superman.
If you could get a chance to write any DC Comics series with no restrictions, which would it be?

3 Likes

Sorry one more question (our limit is 2, right?)

If you had the choice to work with any artist, other than yourself, which artists would top your list?

3 Likes

Pleased to meet you Dan, I have not had the chance to read any of your work, but I am aware of your great contributions to Nightwing, Superman, Batman Beyond, and Booster Gold. I am forever thankful for these stories and characters you have created.

Questions: Of the stories you have written, which are you the most proud of?

Have you ever considered writing for the main Batman title?

2 Likes

Hello, Mr. Jurgens! I was wondering if you had any writing advice, specifically with planning and outlining. What’s your favorite way to plan out storylines, and why does it work?

3 Likes

As a prolific writer for the Superman family titles, what were your feelings toward the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship as it was happening during the New 52?

4 Likes

C.C. Beck once said at a comic book convention in Mpls that comic book artists should be cartoonists, not illustrators-- what do you think? And do you prefer pencilling from full scripts, or plots? Same question for writing-- do you prefer to give your sequential artist a plot, or a script-- or is it all circumstantial?

2 Likes