Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Christos Gage & Reilly Brown, Creative Team for BATMAN/FORTNITE: ZERO POINT! Tues 4/20 @4pmPT/7pm ET

Hello, Mr. Gage! :wave:t2:

A brief question: You wrote for the Digital First Adventures of Superman series years ago. Do you have any more interest in writing for the World’s Greatest Superhero™?

My thanks to you and Reilly Brown for joining us. Its always a treat to see talent stop by our environs. :slight_smile: :+1:t2:

5 Likes

will the “armored batman zero outfit” be exclusive to those redeemed all comic codes?

can you guys stop moving my comment to a different discussion, my question is never going to be answered properly

3 Likes

Hi santiagomichael! These questions are for the artist and writer of the comic book, and they are not involved in how the codes are distributed. If you’d like to ask a question about how the codes work, please ask our team over here:

Everything You Need to Know About BATMAN/FORTNITE: ZERO POINT!

Or, submit a question to our Customer Support team at yourdcu.com/submit.

For this topic, feel free to ask any questions about our guest’s careers as comic book creators, and they’ll be happy to answer!

6 Likes

someone literally asked “what are their thoughts on pineapples on pizza” why cant i ask this question? its not fair

3 Likes

I think that’s because everyone has an opinion on pineapple on pizza! Do you like pineapple on pizza? You are an expert on your opinion on that! But in this case, the creators have no expertise or opinion or insight on how these codes work. To better serve you as a Community Member, we are sending you to the places where you are guaranteed to get an answer from the people who have the most amount of information on the subject. Hope this makes sense!

4 Likes

im not trying to be toxic or anything, but i know for a fact no one is going to answer my question properly over there thats the only reason i put it in here.

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Gage :wave:t2:

I wanted to know how you would adapt the character arch because per my knowledge I think the characters die each round. Will they lose their memory and repeat the same day over again like “Groundhog Day” or will they keep their memories.

5 Likes

Hi Christos and Reilly! Appreciate the time you’re taking out to chat!

My question for you is: If you lived in another world in the multiverse and weren’t creating comics, what would your alternative dimension self be doing?

6 Likes

Howdy Mr. Gage & Brown, thanks for taking the time to stop by and engage with the fans and for your contributions to the industry.

Q: I imagine pitching a project like this involving IP’s from separate entities presented its own hurdles, more so than just getting the green light for a story set in the DCU. Were either of you ever concerned this project would not come to fruition & do you have any other IP’s you’d like to see heroes from the DC team up/fight against?

It almost happened once and I would absolutely love for The Rocketeer to be in a DC story. Could have it be a 40’s setting with someone like Katana or Shado.

4 Likes

The story is great I love fortnite and I love Batman… Well I love Harley Quinn even more… I’m 49 YEARS old do I grew up with the 90s batman movies now if I could get my skin code that would be great … :disappointed:

5 Likes

Thanks for doing the Q&A and looking forward to some sweet BATMAN/FORTNITE action.

How do you approach handling a crossover or team-up environment? Like what aspects of the characters and universe do you maintain from a character standpoint to make them true to what we know and love but also making them fresh (and unique) to the world they’re engaging with. Likewise, how do you approach that from the art side especially with a visual so distinct with Fortnite?

8 Likes

To piggyback on @pcloeb.12474’s question, how close did you have to work with Epic Games when writing this? Did they already have a plot outline that is incorporated into the game and then you had to follow it?

5 Likes

Hi. Will you both be doing future DC/Fortnite series?

5 Likes

Hi, everybody! We’re just getting settled in over here, and will be starting in a little bit. Thank you so much for joining and for all of your questions so far!

8 Likes

Thanks for taking questions! Why was Harley Quinn chosen for the first skin, and what will the next DC cosmetics be?

5 Likes

Hi everyone, Christos and Reilly here - thanks for having us here in the DC Community! Let’s get this party started.

7 Likes

CHRISTOS: Not for me but I respect those who like it. Which may be the most controversial stance of all.

REILLY: I’m into it. To hell with the haters! I’m coming out swinging tonight!

8 Likes

REILLY: Christos’s answer may be more complicated than mine, but while drawing it I frequently would log on to scout locations, and take screenshots. I got sniped many a time while trying to get just the right angle on Coral Castle.

CHRISTOS: Donald Mustard brought the basic premise to us which I thought was awesome. I did play for reference but I am really bad at the game so mostly I ran around trying not to get shot and checking out the area. My main reference gathering was asking Donald to tell me lots of things that are super secret but awesome, some of which will be revealed in the comic! And I wanted to make sure there was a good character story in there too, which hopefully there is.

7 Likes

I am liking the character story in issue one and can’t wait for more!

5 Likes

REILLY: Are the laws of nature in this alternate dimension similar to our own? Do I get any stat buffs from yellow sun or anything?

CHRISTOS: Depends on what’s possible in that world! I mean, if I could, I’d be flying or growing giant or whatever. But in most of them I’d probably have a cat rescue.

REILLY: And then walk sadly into the sea…

CHRISTOS: I mean walking sadly into the sea is kind of my answer to most things.

REILLY: (Christos is referencing an interview on my Hypothetical Island podcast, for those of you who haven’t heard it yet… It makes sense in context, trust me!)

6 Likes