Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, Team on HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL, Thurs 3/26 1pm PT/4pm ET

I’ve really been inspired by you guys and want to make comic books one day. What do you suggest I do to get better at drawing and get more known? How did you start doing comics for dc?

2 Likes

If the Harley Quinn cartoon gets a 3rd season, what other characters or elements from your run would you like to see make the jump from comics to animation?

2 Likes

For both: What was your favorite scene in the Birds of Prey movie?

1 Like

Fellow Tampa-area fan! Any spots around there that inspire your art/series/characters at all?

1 Like

What methodologies and tendencies did you have to stop yourself from carrying between Powergirl and Harley Quinn?

2 Likes

Afternoon everyone… seeing how The Harley Quinn show is absolutely awesome and amazing… I know Harley is single and im sure being in a relationship isnt her number 1 priority but have you or will you explore Harley getting a new possible love interest? By the way, whomever idea it was to Make Ivy and Kiteman a thing… :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:THANK YOU!!! My Gf says thats me and her lol i ship em so much lol they are perfect lol

1 Like

Hello! Loved your responses on the DC Comics Instagram live today. I was wondering if you guys would ever consider or want to do another Power Girl run if ever possible?

1 Like

That guy? Is that nice?

6 Likes

Hey everyone where u at it’s happening!!!

Hi Ralph. My name is Jimmy. Be nice.

4 Likes

Me too & Italian ok I’m done

Hi Ms.Conner and Mr.Palmiotti.
Thanks for doing this.
My questions are. I’m trying to learn how to draw, have any advice Ms.Conner?
Mr.Palmiotti, I’m a dcw writer. I’m learning as I write. Do you have advice for writing?
Thursday March 26 2020
4:00pm
Thanks again for doing this.

2 Likes

ABSOLUTELY! We loved working on STARFIRE! We would be up to doing more if the timing was right.

7 Likes

We were flattered for sure, and pleasantly surprised how much of the series we worked on made it to the big screen. Now only if they gave us a cameo, that would have been a perfect storm.

7 Likes

Hi Jimmy and Amanda. Always love seeing you guys at the cons as you’re always so nice to my wife and I. Are you guys planning out a battle Royale with Harley and the Joker’s new Henchman Punchline?

2 Likes

REDTOOL is actually in our new series HARLEY QUINN AND THE BIRDS OF PREY coming out now from the DC Black label. We actually talked out a lot of his back story, but if they gave us a mini series to do featuring Tool, we would take a deep dive into his life for sure. We love that crazy guy.

8 Likes

Good question! The page count was bigger and we had more room to get the language a bit spicier and the page size bigger, so other than that it was business as usual for us. We started the story only a few hours after our last issue we did on the regular series, so it would all make sense in our heads.

8 Likes

We love the Tampa area and have been to so many cool places. We wrote a series called SUPER ZERO for Aftershock comics about a high school girl that lives in the Tampa area. It was our love letter to our new home. You should check it out!

6 Likes

Honestly, we love any story that challenges the character and what peoples perception of the character is and we also love to add our silly brand of humor to a book. Amanda and I think life is pretty strange and funny at times and that is always what we shoot for, besides trying to entertain all you guys.

5 Likes